When it comes to mornings around here we have three kinds:
1) The normal morning. This consists of Chris (daddy) getting up and ironing uniforms, making Charlotte’s lunch, and getting ready for work. It also consists of me laying in bed staring at the ceiling trying to turn the day on while the whole family is moving. He is a really great husband and a VERY amazing father so they usually let me lay there.
2) The “daddy is out of town” morning where daddy is out of town. (I guess that one was self explanatory.) These mornings consist of me getting up around 6 am, making Charlotte’s lunch, throwing her uniforms in the dryer (you think I iron..uh no, that is my husbands job), and taking a shower. I generally cannot sleep when Chris is gone so what takes me to 7:30 am on normal days is nothing on days he is gone.
3) The “I don’t have to get up to do anything” morning. This is my favorite one. These are the alternate weekends my husband and I balance out where one of us sleeps in and the other gets up with the kids. Because this weekend is my birthday, he not only got up with the kids but took them out of the HOUSE for me. As a bonus he also took the dog too which meant 5 blissful hours of silence. Like true silence.
Today I have managed to fix my hair…and put on makeup.
Seriously..if you are a stay at home mom you know how amazing (and rare) that is.
Took time for some breakfast that did not require me to share….
Watched TV alone.…just ignore the fact that I am watching Toy Story.
And generally enjoyed the silence.
Which of course just reminded me of the kids….and little old me in an empty big house with no kids. Wait. Wait! I have an idea!
I am going to make something for the kids!
(I know, I know, I have a hard time detaching)
2 Ingredient Yogurt Pops
- 2 containers of Yoplait Yogurt- 1 Vanilla and 1 Blueberry
- Crumbled up some Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits
All you have to do is crumble up some of your breakfast biscuits into little bite sizes and put it in the bottom of your mold. Then alternate 2 flavors of Yoplait Greek, which is the perfect consistency of heavy yogurt and flavor. I used a knife to push the first layer down into the mold so it surrounded the crumbled bits of Breakfast Biscuits and froze them in place.
That is it! Freeze and voila.
Now I have purchased the Nature Valley Biscuit bars before. They are delicious. Like really really good. The problem is the kids like them as much as I do so I have to buy two boxes at a time to get through a week. Thankfully Nature Valley sent me some for my morning and I had two small packages left. I ate one alone and made one into the pops above.
Yoplait Greek: Truth be told I have tried ‘Greek yogurt’ in the past and did NOT like it. So when I agreed to try Yoplait Greek I wasn’t sure if I would like it. Turns out its great! I guess that goes to show you that the advice we give our kids to just TRY IT really worked here. And with 6 Yoplait Greek flavors you could make a LOT of breakfast pops!
Of course I got the most pleasure out of spending the day with my family on my birthday….and having them enjoy something I made. It’s so fun when we can bring in a healthy item and make it seem like a TREAT.
I could not be more happy in my life than I am at this moment. I have 2 beautiful healthy kids, a great job, a spouse that puts me first, and I am moving into my dream home in 2 weeks!
Speaking of, I wanted to show you.
Here is our new home, we close in 2 weeks! I am most excited about the Kitchen as you can see!
If you made it this far, thank you for reading my blog.
In June I will celebrate SIX YEARS as a blogger and could not be more blessed.
*As mentioned above, Nature Valley and Yoplait Greek sent over some great products for me to try. Recipe and opinions are my own.
Free Printables Monthly!
Get FOUR FREE Child Friendly Printables, perfect for home decor, nursery, or childs bedroom. Just print and frame for instant art- FREE! When you join my mailing list, you will be updated any time I have a new printable so you can be first to download!