My husbands work sent over these 2010 Veteran’s Day Free Meals and Discounts to everyone in the office, they have a very strong military programs, so I wanted to share them for those that will be redeeming for Veterans Day. Thank-you for your service to our country and God Bless you and your family.
I dont mind if you republish these deals, but please give proper credit to my article.
Applebees – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11: Military veterans and active-duty Service Members will be able to eat free at any Applebee’s across the U.S. on Veteran’s Day, Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010. There will be 7 entrées to choose from. Guests will be asked to show one or more of the following as proof of service: U.S. Uniform Services ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Photograph in uniform, Wearing uniform, Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), or DD214. For more information and participating locations visit: http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx.
Golden Corral – free meal, Monday Nov. 15: The 9th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation dinner will be held on Monday, November 15, 2010 from 5 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants nationwide. The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner. For more information visit http://www.goldencorral.com/military/.
Chili’s – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11. Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of 6 meals. This offer is available during business hours on November 11, 2010 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. See flier for more information.
Hooters – free Meal, Thursday, Nov. 11. Hooter’s is serving up a free meal to military veterans all day on Veterans Day. Offer good for all veterans and active duty military personnel. Choose one of the new specialty items on the Hooter’s menu. Offer valid at participating Hooters only; open to all active duty and military veterans with valid military ID orproof of military service. Drink purchase required. For more information, visit, www.HootersVeteransDay.com.
Outback Steakhouse – free Bloomin’ Onion and Beverage, Thursday, Nov. 11. Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and beverage of choice (one non-alcoholic drink). This offer is available to the following Military Personnel who have one of the following forms of identifications on November 11, 2010: U.S Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), DD form 214 Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), Photograph in Uniform, Wearing Uniform. For more information, visit, http://www.outback.com/pressroom/pr_101018.aspx.
Uno Chicago Grill, Thursday, Nov. 11. Uno’s is offering a free entree or individual pizza with a purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value. Offer good for all military for veterans and active duty military. ID or proof of service required: Show up in uniform (if your service permits), provide military ID, show a picture of yourself in uniform, or have other ID showing proof of service. More info here.
America’s Incredible Pizza Company, Thursday, Nov. 11. Two Missouri locations are offering thanks to our nation’s veterans by offering a free meal from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, 2010. This free dinner is a way of saying thank you and includes an unlimited buffet and drink at either location in Saint Louis or Saint Peters, Missouri. Note: America’s Incredible Pizza Company operates franchises, so this offer may only be limited to the locations listed.
More free meals and other goodies:
- Texas Roadhouse – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11. Offer varies by location; our local Texas Roadhouse is offering a free meal from opening until 4pm. Other locations may vary in offer, hours, or availability. Call ahead to your local restaurant for more information.
- Krispy Kreme – Free doughnut. Available only at participating Krispy Kreme stores. Offer available to all active-duty, retirees & veterans on Thursday November 11th. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.
- T.G.I. Friday’s – Buy one get one free Nov 11-14. At participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID. November 11-14. Hat tip to Military Wives Saving.
- Subway – Free Six Inch Sub. Many subway locations offer a free six inch sub to military veterans on Veteran’s Day. However, Subway restaurants are franchises, so this offer may only be available in select locations. Please contact your local Subway for more information regarding Veteran’s day specials.
- Boston’s Gourmet Pizza – free individual pizza. All military veterans and active duty military personnel can enjoy an FREE individual one topping pizza this Veteran’s Day 5-7 PM! There are two Boston’s Gourmet Pizza & Sports Bar locations in the Denver area. The Highlands Ranch location is just off of C-470 and Broadway, at 53 W. Centennial Blvd. The newly re-opened Parker location is just off of C-470 and Parker Road at 19340 E Cottonwood Dr.
- Barmuda – free meal. Barmuda is offering a free meal to all active duty members and veteran’s in all restaurants. More information.
Home Depot: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
Lowes: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 6 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays.
FREE PARK ADMISSION
Colonial Williamsburg Free Admission. Colonial Williamsburg honors America’s Veterans with a procession down Duke of Gloucester Street, 4:30 p.m., beginning at the Capitol. The parade culminates in a public ceremony, with militia and cannon crew firing volleys in recognition of those who serve. Hear Colonial Williamsburg’s Fifes and Drums, and speakers from past and present. Active duty military, guard and reservists, retirees, veterans and their dependents enjoy free admission passes on the following dates: Nov. 6-11.
Knotts Berry Farm Military Tribute Days – Free Admission. Knott’s Berry Farm has an annual Military Tribute where they offer military members past and present by offering free park admission. This year the Military Tribute Days run from November 1 – 25 November (Thanksgiving Day). Veterans or current serving military personnel plus one guest get in FREE with proper ID presented at Knott’s turnstile (DD214, Veterans Administration Hospital ID or Active Military Service ID). Purchase up to six additional tickets for just $15 each. More info.
Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America’s service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar today announced that areas managed by the department would not charge entrance fees on Thursday, November 11, 2010. Over 100 national Parks will be participating in this event. More information.
Here’s to the Heroes
Anheuser-Busch Parks. Anheuser-Busch Parks offers Active Duty Service Members free admission for them and up to 3 dependents to any of their parks once a year. Throughout 2010, members of the military and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with a single-day complimentary admission. The Here’s to the Heroes program is only available to Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman. For more information and to register, visit: http://www.herosalute.com/states/overview.html.
Eligible parks include:
- Adventure Island
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg
- SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio
- Sesame Place
- Water Country USA
- Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica. Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. is not included as part of this program.
BED AND BREAKFAST
In the second year of the program, B&Bs for Vets has organized over 800 participating Bed and Breakfasts and Inns across the US and Canada will be offering veterans a free night’s stay on November 10th, the night before Veterans Day. This offer is available to both active duty military members and veterans with ID, but space is limited. Each Inn and B&B has at least one room available for this promotion and reservations must be made directly through the participating Inns and B&Bs. For more information visit B&Bs for Vets.
FREE HUGO CANES
Sam’s Club® locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo® canes free of charge on November 10th, 11th and 12th, 2010 to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available, while supplies last. Sam’s Club® Membership is not required, but proof of military service may be required. For more information, visit HugoSalutes.com.
Other Veterans Discounts
Here are some additional Veteran’s Day Discounts. In all cases, be sure to provide proper ID or proof of service. In addition, some of these stores are franchises, so verify participation before assuming the discount is in place.
- Sport Clips – FREE haircut to active-duty military & veterans. Offer only available at select locations. Please call to verify local participation.
- Dollar General. 10% discount on entire purchase on Veteran’s Day. Offer good for all active-duty military, retirees, veterans, Guard/Reserve, & immediate family members. More info.
- Sleep Number Stores. Free travel pillow to all active duty military & retirees now through Nov. 14. Find your “sleep number” setting, and get a free pillow – easy!
- Cabela’s. Cabela’s is giving their standard employee discount to all US military veterans, active duty military, Guard/Reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel on Nov. 11-12. Discount varies from 5% to 50%, depending on the item. (I received this information from an active duty military member who forwarded an e-mail that was distributed base wide, however, I have not been able to confirm this; please contact Cabela’s before assuming this offer is in place).
I dont mind if you republish, but please give proper credit to my article. Have a veterans day post with something I dont have? Please link up!