Recently one of my friends joined a direct sales company called Younique. It’s a newer company and they sell products like brushes and mineral makeup like eye shadow, blush, and a slew of other things. Being a makeup fiend she asked me if I would be interested in testing it out and I said sure. Pretty much everyone I know is in a perpetual state of searching for the world’s best lashes and her company has a product called “3D fiber lashes.” What the heck, send em over.
I have used similar products with Blinc (which I adore) but I was still unsure what to expect. You are likely reading this because you are asking yourself one of the follow questions:
- Do Fiber Lashes really work? – Pretty well, although Tubes are another great option and do not come off
- Does Younique actually work? – Yes
- Do Fiber Lashes stay on? – Mostly
- Are there other Fiber Lash options? – Yes
- Are 3D Fiber Lashes Waterproof? – No
The Younique kit with the lashes arrived in a case with a “transplanting gel” and a “fiber lash”. This part is important…the transplanting gel is NOT mascara. I made the mistake the first few days I used it in thinking the gel was actually mascara and could not figure out the reason my results were not as strong as the advertisements the company made. Using the gel and lashes alone does work and you can wear it that way, but if you want dramatic lashes, you need to pair it up.
Younique 3D Fiber Lashes
Packaged in two separate bottles, the Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers are used together to enhance and magnify your OWN lashes. Watch your lashes transform into something you only dreamed of! A 300% increase in thickness and volume to your lashes while still looking completely real and natural. Potentially “mood-altering” 3D Fiber lashes will quickly become your favorite makeup accessory!
Then I tested it out with mascara on one eye and a light bulb went off.
(this is why you read instructions on things first kids)
- Left eye (facing the picture) is transplanting gel + fiber lashes
- Right eye (facing the picture) is my mascara + the fiber lashes
I think the difference is pretty obvious.
Now that I had it all figured out, I used it today with my normal mascara (I wear Lorac Pro) and added the fiber lashes via the wand (I skipped the transplanting gel) and the results were great!
Application is simple.
Step 1: Apply your mascara
Step 2: Apply Fiber lashes. They go on like mascara with a wand.
(not my shot, this belongs to the company)
What about Youniques Mineral Makeup?
I also tested small samples of the mineral makeup.
I want to say that this past year I have tended to shy away from mineral makeup. My son has discovered how to take the lids off and let’s just say mineral makeup is VERY VERY messy when a 2 year old gets a hold of it. I quite literally threw away 15 containers of Bare Essentials just a few weeks ago.
I also find that the little dust particles from the minerals fall on my cheeks during eyelid application and I end up cleaning off more than I put on. That being said, if you do love using mineral makeup, it says that their Pigment Powder is 100% natural, free of chemicals, free of talc, oils and preservatives so I suggest giving it a try. At only $10, the investment is very reasonable.
This is me sampling “curious” and “flirty”.
My final thoughts?
I really like them. In the beginning I thought I was gonna come here and tell y’all that they were just alright and not worth the $29 price tag. Now that I realize you have to put on mascara first, I find them to be really pretty, give a wide dramatic look, and they stay on the entire day (just like regular mascara application). They are water proof but come off easily in the shower and overall a fantastic product to keep in your makeup kit.
What other Companies can I buy Fiber Lashes from?
I have not personally tested out other fiber lash brands, but there are many out there to choose from, here are some great choices for you to look into!
- Check out Lash Extender II here by DivaDerm
- Lash Factory
- The Lash
- Mia Adora
- L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes
- Vixen Lash
- Better than False by Too Faced
- Best in Faux by Tarte
- Purchase 3d Fiber Lashes by Younique here.
Commonly asked Younique 3D Lashes Questions
- What do Younique 3D Lashes Cost: Currently they are $29 plus shipping.
- Are there any tips to application of them? Some like to use mascara with them, but always make sure they are sealed or they will flake off easier.
- Are 3d Lashes Waterproof? Nope! They will come off. If you want water proof lashes that are similar, google mascara with tubes. These are fibers.
- Will I get a discount if I am a rep for Younique? Sadly no!
I love to talk Fashion and you can find me on Instagram with other makeup and clothing recommendations. Join me here!