Sponsored by Mirum Shopper.
The older I get, the more my skin changes. I have red spots that were never there before (and the esthetician said are permanent), my skin is ALWAYS dry no matter what $200 bottle of moisturizer I buy, and wrinkles show up day by day. Listen, gals, this too will happen to you. And it’s not as awful as I just made it sound. I can now confidently rock the ‘pony tail, no makeup’ look and realize that my 20-something self, pales in comparison to my “2 kids, 7 pets and a mortgage” self. I am happier, more confident, and do not really worry about someone being offended by my unmade up face every time I pick the kids up from school. All that said, I am someone that loves, no, ADORES, make up products. I have a huge passion for all things beauty. I love everything about opening a new tube of mascara, or putting blush on the end of a makeup brush or testing out a new lipstick. I hang out in makeup aisles so much that on a typical shopping visit people start asking me for advice on products.
Which leads me to these.
Recently I was told about the real techniques miracle sponge and the 6 Miracle Sponge pack by Real Techniques. I knew it was a great way to test out all these sponges at once and set out to pick them up. Please note that the mult-packs are not in every Walmart. If you head to the bottom of the article, I showed a picture of the display area so you know what you are looking for. Even without the display area, if you Walmart doesn’t carry these larger packs, they still usually carry the one packs to grab. Here they are below in all their glory. Each color represents a different area located on the face and each sponge has corners and points that allow you to make sure you are getting all you can out of your sponge.
I have taken pictures of each one of the complexion sponges below. Each color represents a different area located on the face and each sponge has corners and points that allow you to make sure you are getting all you can out of your sponge.
Your face isn’t boxed off, so your sponge shouldn’t be, you know?
- Orange – This is the Miracle Complexion Sponge. This is shaped to create a perfect base and build up coverage. You use the Miracle Complexion Sponge dry for full coverage or wet for more of a light dewy coverage. Right now you can find this in the 2 pack at Walmart (Get Rebate here) or if those are sold out, they also come in the Miracle Complexion Sponge in 1 pack.
- Purple– Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges – These little ones help pick up makeup so you can really blend mistakes. Again damp to blend harsh lines or dry to pick up makeup. I found them most helpful for eye make up
- Pink– Miracle Sculpting Sponge – This is designed this way to help you hold it right and help with contouring shadows, or highlighting.
Makeup at 40 yrs old – No Photoshop, Just Me.
Every woman wants to look her best when she is out on a date with her husband or even rocking the movies with her friends. Its one of the few times I get out of the whole jeans and yoga pants thing and put my best face forward so to speak. Now that I am just a hop away from 40, I am having to find new and better ways to do my makeup. Of course, I don’t want it to take all day either, so here is my 5-minute makeup routine, complete with the Miracle Sponge Set (shown above) and how it made a difference for me in better blending a more finished look. Ill let you judge for yourself.
Please note that I did not photoshop or alter these photos. You are getting me as my camera sees me, that means all the little red spots, wrinkles, and dry skin. Do not mind those gray hairs either.
First, start out with clean bare skin. I started using a primer to help keep my makeup more smooth and find that it does help. If you do not use a primer, you might want to moisturize first.
My random stack of makeup on the counter. Digging in!
Next, I used my Miracle Complexion sponge to put on full coverage base. I personally like using it dry.
Now I worked on some contouring and highlights. To be honest, I do it in minutes. The gals on Youtube probably would be shamed by my technique but for every day it doesnt have to take hours.
Dang, my hair is really going gray. Darn kids.
Now you can use the small purple sponge to blend in some light eye makeup. I simply do a darker and a highlighter and blend together. I also added a little black shadow at the base as a quick eyeliner prior to mascara.
Almost done! Just apply mascara, blush and lipstick. A quick sweep on the apples of my cheeks, 2 coats of mascara and my favorite day time lipstick.
Last step was a pat of finishing powder (translucent works) to seal it all and take away some of the shine.
If you head out to pick up the 6 Miracle Sponge pack by Real Techniques right now (makes a great stocking stuffer!), you get a better deal by picking them up at Walmart and grabbing this rebate through Ibotta. Learn more here.
6 Miracle Sponge Pack
Save time and money on beauty at Walmart this holiday. The hottest must-have makeup accessories are available for up to $5 off for a limited time. New Real Techniques sponges make your beauty routine more effective and more affordable. And they make great gifts for your friends—or for yourself! So this December, combine Walmart’s lower in-store price with your Ibotta rebate and save big for a more beautiful holiday!
- “6 Miracle Sponges” total savings at Walmart is $5.00 with Ibotta rebate
- Offer Details: Save up to $5 with a lower at-shelf price and an Ibotta rebate at select Walmart stores
- · On-display price: $18.82 (regular price $19.98)
- · Ibotta rebate: $3.75 (we’ll confirm with you 48 hours before your post)
- · Limited-time savings for holiday
- · Savings for Sponges located on the Real Techniques sponge display in the Beauty Section at select Walmart stores
Miracle Complexion Sponge 2 Pack
- “Miracle Complexion Sponge 2 Pack” total savings at Walmart up to $2.75 with Ibotta rebate
- Offer Details: Save up to $2.75 with lower at-shelf price and Ibotta rebate at select Walmart stores
- · On-display price: $9.24 (regular price $10.98)
- · Ibotta rebate: $1.00 (we’ll confirm with you 48 hours before your post)
- · Limited-time savings for holiday
- · Savings for Sponges located on the Real Techniques sponge display in the beauty section at select Walmart stores