Roll out the red carpet for our next MomDot Feature Blogger, Vicki from “Not So SAHM!”
1. Congrats on being a MomDot Feature Blogger! Why don’t you start by introducing yourself to our readers!
Hey everyone! I’m Vicki: a homeschooling WAHM. I started my own business (Sew Petit ) last year when my youngest daughter was about 8 months old. Due to my husband’s job we tend to move around a lot. I love homeschooling, sewing, the internet (mostly blogging), my family, chocolate, shopping and digital scrapbooking (not always in that order).
2. How did you arrive on the blogosphere? What got you interested in blogging?
I started blogging at Not So SAHM a couple years ago. I only wrote two posts and then dropped it forgot about it for a while. I picked blogging back up last fall as a means for promoting my business (Sew Petit ), but it has quickly grown into a thing of its own. I enjoy blogging about everything from family to friends, humor to encouragement, politics to religion and everything in between.
3. Can you give the MomDot readers a “sneak peek” into what’s coming up
next for your blog? Any new events, giveaways, interviews, etc.?
I will most likely be writing about how Ashlyn, my youngest, has gotten us into more humorous “situations”, probably in public.
4. I see that you also own the online boutique, Sew Petit. You have adorable personalized gifts for babies (I love the burp cloths!)! When did you start sewing? How did you learn?
Thank you very much! I’ve been sewing (on and off) for about ten years. I “learned” by teaching myself. I laugh at myself because I’ve been sewing for quite a while and finally took a course from a professional this year. I absolutely love baby items and even more so when they’ve got embroidery on them. I wanted to be able to create things like that, so I bought a machine and started my business!
5. What is the target audience for your blog?
That’s a good question. I write about so many different things…well, that’s my goal. My daughters end
up being a lot of the fodder. I’d love for anyone to be able to stop by and find something that they’re interested in. I’m guessing the biggest audience for my blog would be moms who are at their wit’s end and are needing a little laugh about someone else’s kids.
6. What’s the one poltical issue that just really gets you going? The one you could type about for hours?
Oh, should we go and muddy those waters? OK! Family issues are my heart right now. My motto is “it all begins with the family”. If you want to solve all of the world’s problems the answer is “the family”. I’m serious. Readers can take a look at some of my blog posts to see where I stand on those issues.
7. How do you like your new iPhone? Was it worth the wait?
Love it. Really do. I used to have a Treo so it’s nice to get back to being able to do (almost) everything with one device. And yes it was worth the wait (I was first in line at 3:45 am, with my two kids, to make sure I got one. Crazy? Yes. But I got one.)
8. List three posts that you would like to share with our readers!
How To Imprison Your Child
Thanks, Vicki for participating in the Launch Party! Head on over to Vicki’s Blog and let her know that you saw her intriguing interview on Momdot (please)!
Interviewed by contributing writer Bridgette