When Charlotte was a baby I used a baby monitor daily. Aww, heck, if I am being honest I was such a “first time” mom that I literally jumped at every single breath that took an extra second longer. By the time Phoenyx came around I was like…I got this. Even with our two story house I soon found that my ears were every bit as reliable to his noises as our baby monitor and soon just skipped the whole thing.
But here is something I didn’t think of…as he got older the need for a baby monitor actually got stronger. Not because he would wake up and I wouldn’t hear him, but as he sleeps better with the door closed, it was a way for me to really check in on those nap times and fussy bedtimes. Which is why when Vtech offered a VIDEO monitor for review, I totally jumped at the chance to see what was going on behind that closed door.
Let me first tell you about this particular video monitor. It’s called a Safe & Sound™ Pan & Tilt Full Color Video Baby Monitor and retails for $179.99 on Walmart.com.
Features it has that I love:
- Automatic infrared night vision (kinda makes his eyes look like one of those scary movies at night)
- 1,000 feet of range (Great for my two story house)
- Temperature sensor (just as I thought..his room is hotter than everyone elses)
- Full motion (this means no delay in real time)
- Ability to press and talk into the room (has proved to be fun…Phoenyx..go to sleep)
- Rechargable battery but also runs plugged in
- Really great range of motion (at 270 degrees and ability to zoom in, I can scan the whole room and crib silently)
(Here I am showing how you can move it to scan the room..his crib on the left and then I scanned to the right)
Now there were a few things I learned with this test that I did not know before.
1) My son talks to himself a lot when he is alone. Its endearing. He talks to me, to his dad, to himself. Just talks.
2) He kicks the back of the crib a lot when its bedtime and he also resets himself like 20 times before he goes to sleep.
3) He can ALMOST get out of his crib. I had no idea he was even trying. The other day I put him down for a nap and he was mad about it and got THISCLOSE to getting a leg over the side. He really is very persistent.
4) The most interesting thing I found out was the day I noticed this:
And was like..what IS that??
Turns out this is happening.
So now I keep the railing up!
Check out what we think about this baby video monitor here:
Now you have a chance to win one to catch the cat, baby, or kid in your life doing all the things you know they do but cannot see! MomDot has partnered with Lunchbox PR to give a Safe & Sound™ Pan & Tilt Full Color Video Baby Monitor to one lucky winner! So whether you want to see if the dog is really stealing the cookies form the counter, your baby is sleeping soundly and at the right temperature, or your toddler is up from nap, you will be set!
Free Printables Monthly!
Get FOUR FREE Child Friendly Printables, perfect for home decor, nursery, or childs bedroom. Just print and frame for instant art- FREE! When you join my mailing list, you will be updated any time I have a new printable so you can be first to download!