Who says lunch has to be boring? DOWN WITH THE PB&J! (actually, I still like those…hahaha) and up with Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad. Instead of succumbing to yet another sandwich, you can have a grown up lunch that is restaurant quality right in the comfort of your own home. This homemade salad is so easy to make and has just the right amount of cajun spices covering pan fried chicken and made from scratch dressing.
This recipe is in a few parts. First, you need to make your Cajun spice mix. This mix will be used to jazz up the chicken to just the right amount of perfection before cooking. Afterwards, layer on the rest of the ingredients and top with your dressing. I do not want to waste your time with too much chit chat because chances are you are HUNGRY.
So let’s get started on the salad!
Cajun Spice Mix
GREAT NEWS! Did you know that Amazon has a STORE. You can order your non-perishable items and skip the store visit. Its one of my very favorite ways to shop. If you are missing spices and other household items, check the prices here (Plus..no dragging your kids!)
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
Combine and store in an airtight container
PRO TIP: Every time I am working with raw chicken, I honestly get grossed out. We all know how sick it can make someone to be exposed to what it leaves behind. I love these Kitchen Gizmos– its a cutting board that takes away the worry! Standard cutting boards get scratches which become a breeding ground for bacteria. This cutting board is extremely scratch-resistant, preventing any bacteria from building up, has two sides, and a juice catcher so your defrosted chicken doesn’t leak to the counter.
*You can get rid of a whopping 54% of bacteria just by washing it with cold water.
*To sterilize up to 99.6% just pour boiling water over the board.
*Big working surface 15″x11.75″
*Heat-resistant of up to 300° Fahrenheit
*FDA Approved, BPA free, Dishwasher Safe
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice (recipe above)
- 3 tbps olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine chicken, Cajun spice, water and 2 tbsp olive oil in a plastic zipper bag.
- Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook the chicken breasts for approximately seven to eight minutes on each side.
Cajun Caesar Salad
Cajun Caesar Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Cajun spice mix
Do not forget to Pin this recipe for later!
Looking for another recipe? Try this one!