Who says lunch has to be boring? DOWN WITH THE PB&J! (actually, I still like those…hahaha) Instead of succumbing to yet another sandwich, you can have a grown up lunch that is restaurant quality right in the comfort of your own home. This homemade salad is so easy to make and has just the right amount of cajun spices covering pan fried chicken and made from scratch dressing.
This recipe is in a few parts. First, you need to make your cajun spice mix. This mix will be used to jazz up the chicken to just the right amount of perfection before cooking. Afterwards, layer on the rest of the ingredients and top with your dressing. I do not want to waste your time with too much chit chat because chances are you are HUNGRY.
So let’s get started!
Cajun Spice Mix
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
Combine and store in an airtight container
- 2 tbsp cajun spice (recipe above)
- 3 tbps olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine chicken, cajun spice, water and 2 tbsp olive oil in a plastic zipper bag.
- Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook the chicken breasts for approximately seven to eight minutes on each side.
Cajun Caesar Salad
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 croutons
- Cajun caesar dressing (recipe below)
Cajun Caesar Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp cajun spice mix
Do not forget to Pin this recipe for later!