No matter weather its freezing outside or a hot summer day, Creamy Lemon Chicken is sure to hit the spot when it comes to pleasing your entire family. Easily made, this sauce of two ways can be customized with Parmesan or left alone with just a lemon and cream base. Now, I am not one to sit here and make up some adorable little family story to go with this recipe, let’s just get to the FOOD. If you are looking for a printable version of this creamy lemon chicken recipe, scroll to bottom.
PRO TIP: Every time I am working with raw chicken, I honestly get grossed out. We all know how sick it can make someone to be exposed to what it leaves behind. I love these Kitchen Gizmos– its a cutting board that takes away the worry! Standard cutting boards get scratches which become a breeding ground for bacteria. This cutting board is extremely scratch-resistant, preventing any bacteria from building up, has two sides, and a juice catcher so your defrosted chicken doesn’t leak to the counter.
*You can get rid of a whopping 54% of bacteria just by washing it with cold water.
*To sterilize up to 99.6% just pour boiling water over the board.
*Big working surface 15″x11.75″
*Heat-resistant of up to 300° Fahrenheit
*FDA Approved, BPA free, Dishwasher Safe
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Creamy Lemon Chicken Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Using a mallet, pound down the chicken breasts/thighs into ½ inch thickness so they are easier to cook.
- Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic. If you are using the other sauce, add 1/2 cup Parmesan plus 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Heat up your oil and add the chicken. Brown on both sides for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Let sauce simmer for about 8 minutes, making sure to stir often to avoid burning.
- Once sauce has thickened up, add the butter and whisk until melted. Add heavy cream.
- Put chicken back in skillet.
- Put pan in oven for about 7 minutes, or until chickens internal temp is 165F – careful not to overcook
- Add parsley, herbs, or extra lemon slices
If you are hunting for great chicken recipes, try OHMYGOSHTHISCHICKENISSOGOOD Recipe! Over 500K Pins cannot be wrong!