This summer has been the summer of getting to know my kids all over again. Its been so refreshing with Charlotte home and having a child of 9 makes it easy to take Phoenyx out, play games, do arts and crafts, because she is like a mini adult and its wonderful. So lately under her guidance and prompting, we have been doing quite a bit of crafts.
And after unpacking my office of disarray, the kids discovered all sorts of products in the bottom of the boxes they were excited to get using.
(This is just getting started around here)
One such product was our puffballs and our huge box of wooden craft items, so we put them to use by creating our own paintbrushes with puffballs. You can do this with pretty much ANYTHING around your house. As long as you have the clothespins, use them to grab sticks, leaves, puff balls, cotton balls, wads of paper, sponges and more!
This is fun to explore shapes, come up with different ideas for pictures, and just to get your kids going without a traditional paintbrush.
Create Paintbrushes from anything~
All you need
- pom poms (or other materials)
1) I set up small and large pom pom balls for dipping, paint trays and paper!
2) I am an adult, so I do things the way normal adults do-without a ton of creativity. Like making circles with the paint.
3) Not my kids. My son is like an impressionist artist that drags it out…
4) My daughter…I think she made that clown thing from SAW unintentionally.
Yep. Pretty much.
Well, if anything, this was a good psychological test. Have fun!
Free Printables Monthly!
Get FOUR FREE Child Friendly Printables, perfect for home decor, nursery, or childs bedroom. Just print and frame for instant art- FREE! When you join my mailing list, you will be updated any time I have a new printable so you can be first to download!