Just today I sat down and made my list for Thanksgiving dinner. We are actually blessed enough to have two Thanksgivings this year- one with friends and family on Wednesday prior to the big day and one with family and extended family on Thanksgiving Thursday. The list, of course, was long. As I sat down with friends to pour over who was going to make which item, and we extensively added on our own personal favorites to the list, I realized that by the end of the day I would be lucky if I wanted to dive into making homemade desserts. And you know what I decided? I am not going to! There are so many amazing dessert ideas already out there that taste wonderful and I wanted to share what I am doing this year that takes one more thing off my plate (and into my bowl!) for the holiday.
When it comes to desserts for big holidays, everyone always loves a good pie or crumble. But there is nothing that makes a pie more than adding a fresh scoop of Breyers ice cream on top! Whether or not you are going to have one piping out of the over, or cheat a little with a premade apple streusel like I did, you can easily prep everyone a sweet concoction they will love in minutes and with no stress.
Dont want an edible bowl? Try one of these great options for your Breyer’s
Apple Streusel Ice Cream Bowls
- edible ice cream bowls (easy clean up and fun to eat)
- Breyers Ice cream (I say Vanilla but there are hoards of other great flavors that work as well- shake it up!)
- Apple Streusel– cut into pieces
Simply add layers of your streusel (or pie, cobbler) to your edible bowl and add a great big scoop of your favorite ice cream. Top with whipped topping, fun holiday sprinkles, caramel or leave it plain and enjoy the classic mix of flavors.
TIP: Although vanilla is everyone favorite and Breyers makes the best hands down, don’t forget to display other favorites for your guests like:
- Breyers Natural Vanilla
- Breyers Chocolate
- Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
- Breyers Natural Strawberry
- Breyers Ice Cream Cake
- Breyers Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Breyers Coconut Fudge.
Breyers – Breyers, makers of America’s No. 1 vanilla ice cream, is celebrating its 150th birthday this year. The Breyers pledge to quality has kept the brand a family favorite since 1866: Breyers now uses only milk and cream from American cows not treated with artificial growth hormones* (needs to include the following disclaimer: *Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.)
- The vanilla that goes into Breyers products is 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified™, and comes from sustainable vanilla farms in Madagascar
- Breyers uses 100% sustainably farmed fruit to make some of their most popular fruit-based recipes like Natural Strawberry, Cherry Vanilla and Peach
- Most of Breyers products currently source natural colors and flavors, and we are working to transition the rest of our products
Remember, this time of the year is about gathering together with family and celebrating around food, not working yourself into a holiday coma. If you want more quick and easy ideas like this one, visit Breyers Facebook, Breyers Twitter, and Breyers Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Unilever Ice Cream. The opinions and text are all mine.