Planning healthy snacks can often be a struggle. There are days in my food diary when my snacks take up more calories than one of my meals. Also, while you might carefully plan your meals, snacks are sometimes left up to chance, making you vulnerable to unhealthy choices. The 21-Day Fix makes the size and composition of snacks relatively easy, but it can often feel like you’re eating a disjointed combination of foods. To help this problem, it’s important that you plan your snacks just like your larger meals for the day. Take advantage of gaps you might have in your container counts and be creative in how you combine containers for snacks. Snacks are often a great way to get your fruit servings in – often it is easy to go all day and realize you haven’t eaten your fruit. We’re pretty programmed to focus on green containers and a balance of carbs, protein, and fats in your meals, but fruits can be more difficult to incorporate.
smartYOU 7 Piece Portion Control Containers Kit (COMPLETE GUIDE + FREEEfficient Nutrition Portion Control Containers Kit(7-Piece)with Complete Guide,21 DAY PLANNER,Recipe eBook,BPA21 Day Portion Control Diet Container Set LABELED Portion Control SetBeachbody Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix EXTREME – Essential Package
As a rule of thumb, if you’re eating a fruit serving for snack, also incorporate a healthy fat and/or a protein. This combo will help regulate your blood sugar, which will spike after eating the fruit. Instead, the balance will keep you from feeling hungry before your next meal and avoid sugar crash irritability. There are countless ideas for 21-Day Fix approved snacks available to choose from. Here’s a list of some personal favorites you absolutely must try.
21 day Fix Snacks
- Coconut Granola Bars (Ditch the Scale) – You will certainly never look at a store-bought bar the same after you’ve tried these. Easy and delicious.
- Clean Carmel Popcorn (Clean Eating Meets Country Girl) – Ditch the bag and make this instead. Your entire family will love it!
- Baked Chickpeas (Lisahov’s Health and Fitness) – Kids will adore these crunchy little bites, and you’ll want to share – they’re best straight out of the oven!
- Acai Bowl (Our Knight Life) – This beautiful bowl will have your eyes dancing before you ever take a bite. Kids will love it too!
- Oatmeal Energy Clusters (My Crazy Good Life) – These will give you an afternoon boost and satisfy your dessert cravings in one.
- Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups (Sugar-Free Mom) – Customize these bites for the specific tastes of everyone in your household – gluten free and diabetic friendly too!
- Greek Yogurt Buffalo Dip (Jeanie & Joan) – Pair this flavor (and protein) packed dip with a loaded green container for a rocking afternoon jolt.
- Turkey, Dijon and Cucumber Roll-Ups (The Garlic Diaries) – These babies are so easy to make you’ll want to stock up for the entire week.
- Salsa Boats (Melinda Besinaiz) – Spice up traditional hard-boiled eggs with a simple salsa addition.
- Eggplant Pizzas (Lisahov’s Health and Fitness) – Even eggplant skeptics will appreciate this versatile veggie in pizza form.
- Baked Apple Crisp (Jenn Breault) – Reward yourself with this warm fix-friendly version of your favorite dessert.
- Fruit with Nuts – You choose the combo! Pair one serving of your choice of nuts with one serving of your favorite fruit. The protein and fat in the nuts will balance the sugar from the fruit – perfect!
- Cottage Cheese and Avocado (The Garlic Diaries) – Even if you’re a cottage cheese skeptic, your body is crying for you to try this one.
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins (Melanie Mitro) – These tasty little meatloaf bites help you get your protein in, and they keep great in the freezer.
- Cinnamon Dusted Apples with Cottage Cheese (Melanie Mitro) – The combination of flavors and textures keeps your tongue happy as you engulf this Fix-friendly snack.
- Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites (Burn This Mama Down) – Nope, pumpkin isn’t just trendy, it’s incredibly healthy. These adorable balls will have you thinking fall any time of year.
- Bell Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar (Jenn Breault) – Slice, drizzle, serve. A simple twist on your greens.
- Baba Ghanoush with Veggies (Burn This Mama Down) – If you struggle with the texture of eggplant, this fast and easy hummus replacement compliments any veggies.
- No Bake Chocolate Protein Cookies (The Fit Housewife) – Whether you need a dessert pick me up or a healthy snack to get through the afternoon, you can’t go wrong with these cookies.
- Yogurt Smoothies (Days to Fitness) – Don’t overlook a smoothie as a fantastic and well-balanced snack. Incredibly refreshing on a sweltering day or post workout and without the sugar of store-bought packs.
Looking for more 21 Day Fix Recipe Ideas? Start with this 21 Day Fix Lunch List! Just click below.
DO NOT FORGET A COOKBOOK: Its great to have all these ideas put together for you, but there is nothing easier than having a cookbook of recipes on hand for a quick fix. I find that its easier to plan meals and stay on track. Try one of these for your meal planning needs!