When Trisha asked if I would be interested in reviewing the new Hoover Platinum Collection, I didn’t have to think twice! I hate my vacuum….and I know hate is a strong word, but it is totally appropriate in this case. I wish I could create a “scratch n sniff” post so you could smell exactly why I hate my vacuum. Every time I clean my carpet, it smells worse!
I was so excited that I ran to my husband and told him the news to which he replied, “Oh no….I love our vacuum, we are not kicking it to the curb for some new fancy shmancy model!” See, he is very much a creature of habit, so I knew if Hoover could convince HIM to throw away our old vacuum, just about anyone would fall in love with it!
About the Hoover Platinum Collection:
“Hoover engineers have used the learnings of 100 years of innovation to develop the new Hoover Platinum Collection™, featuring six floor care products that deliver unmatched cleaning performance along with specially designed features to make cleaning faster and easier. With products ranging from upright vacuums to carpet cleaners to cordless units, there is a Platinum Collection model for every home and every task.“
Mom (and Dad) Tested:
Hoover was nice enough to provide me with the Platinum Collection Cyclonic Bagless Upright vacuum. When it arrived, my husband was all of a sudden very interested. He actually assembled it (in less than 5 minutes) and began reading the Owner’s Manual like it was his favorite novel.
Here are a few features that caught our eye:
- In one pass, the Hoover Platinum Collection™ Cyclonic Bagless Upright removes more dirt from carpet than other bagless & cyclonic vacuums, so you can efficiently achieve the clean results you expect in fewer passes.
- Hoover’s Patented Windtunnel Technology™ features three distinct air tunnels to lift and remove dirt from carpets. Windtunnel Technology™ prevents dirt from scattering back onto your clean floor, so you can remove dirt in less time.
- Filter made with HEPA media. HEPA media traps 99.97% of dirt, dust, and pollens down to 0.3 microns, for cleaner air than standard or allergen media.
- Embedded Dirt Finder (EDF): Uses real time sonic technology to tell you when dirt is being removed from your carpet. Once the dirt has been removed from your carpet, the Embedded Dirt Finder indicator turns from red to green, indicating that your carpet is clean.
We decided to do a little experiment to demonstrate the wonderful features of the Hoover Cyclonic Bagless Upright (pssst…..my husband does the vacuuming in the video….you do NOT want to miss it!):
As you can see in the video, my husband has decided to let go of the old vacuum and embrace the Hoover. He literally has vacuumed every square inch of this house (bonus for me!). I love the embedded dirt finder feature. It was really neat to see what areas of my carpet needed more attention and I could see an obvious difference in my carpet when vacuuming was complete. I also love that it is bagless with a filter you can clean yourself. This means no extra expense for maintenance! I was honestly amazed at how much more dirt this vacuum was able to pick up than my previous model, and removing the canister for clean up was a snap.
The Hoover was a little heavier than my old vacuum making storage harder. But, the weight difference was not noticeable at all while vacuuming. The pros FAR outweigh any cons the Hoover may have.
You could not pry the Hoover Platinum Collection out of my hands, so lucky for you, Hoover has generously offered one MomDot reader this awesome prize:
Initial Entry: Hoover is really interested in your feedback regarding their new Platinum collection. Check out the new line and tell us which one you believe is the perfect vacuum. Come back, let us know, and your entered! Once you have completed that, we wanted to give you other chances to have a winning comment.
To gain additional entries:
1) Carry a momdot banner or link on your blog/blogroll is 2 entries
2) If you list or blog about contests and include this one, you gain 5 entries
3) Every time you tweet tweet, we pass you an entry the entire contest. To be eligable for this, you have to have atleast 50 followers and cannot SPAM your followers. Please limit your tweets to a nonannoying level. Use hashtag #momdot
4) Every time you vote for MomDot under Blogs you Learned the Most from HERE (they let you do it once a day!) you can have an entry here!
contest ends june 19th, US only