About a year ago Six Flags invited me to become a “Super Mom” and follow along on their new adventure- a portion of the park dedicated strictly to water.
I can still remember standing with the park president, Dale, as he showed us a concrete city and the dream.
Since then its been a whirlwind of press trips to see updates and as of our last trip in March, our view was still this.
I was like no way in heck will it be done in May!
I am here, a week after visiting the newly opened Hurricane Harbor, to tell you that its not only done, but its awesome. Last week I took my parents and my daughter on a 3 day trip to Atlanta to check the progress and boy where we shocked.
Dive into Hurricane Harbor, our new multi-million dollar water park now open inside Six Flags Over Georgia. Ride the surf in our giant wave pool or plummet down an enclosed tunnel into a zero-gravity wave slide on Tsunami Surge. Dare to take on three twisting, turning water slides on Bonzai Pipelines. Families love exploring the giant interactive children’s area.
This new tropically-themed water park offers the opportunity to cool off on warm Atlanta days and is the perfect complement to our world-class rides and entertainment. Hurricane Harbor is included FREE with your Six Flags Over Georgia admission!
Tips for Visiting Hurricane Harbor
1) Your water park ticket price is included with your Park ticket price or your season pass- basically its free. I would encourage you to go ahead and get your season passes as the price goes up after this weekend! Its only $54.99 right now. BTW: Also listed as one of the Biggest and Baddest Theme Parks to visit!
2) Bring water shoes! While we had no issues walking around bare foot, there are a lot of wild geese that run around the park and we did notice some goose poop. Sounds funny and yes the park is on top of it, but you cannot fight nature. The park does have water shoes and flip flops for sale at a reasonable price – we bought 2 pair.
3) GET A CABANA. There are a lot of setting areas in the park, but having a private cabana made it truly a vacation day. You get an assigned attendant to bring food to you (order drinks, food, etc), a full shaded spot with tables and lounging chairs, a fridge with lots of water, a private pool entrance into the wave pool, and 2 extra tubes. Here is another point- get the tubes. They offer them to you and require you a refundable down payment on them, but the tubes go FAST in the park and we were very happy to have our own! When we returned them we got our money right back.
4) Prep for a full day of water park. When we first arrived at the area I was like..ok this is gonna be fun, but I did not think we would spend the whole day there. I was very wrong. We spent the whole day there and THEN drug everyone out of the park reluctantly at the end of the day. We scheduled a second day to come back to the park to visit just the regular rides. Now If I could make a suggestion it would be, on the way out, stop by and do some of the water soaking rides so you can skip being soaked on the regular park days.
(other fun on our trip!)
5) Tsunami Surge– Yes, its big. Yes, its grand. And do not underestimate the zero gravity drop on it. We took Charlotte, whom is 9 and totally ready for a thrill, and she was scared! My dad and I loved. Just be aware that this slide is NOT for a wimp!
If its been a while since you have been to Six Flags Over Georgia you are missing out big time. With new food updates, discount passes, and now the water park addition, this beautiful park is a must see and must stop during your summer vacation time with the kids. On a side note, I have been to a lot of major theme parks and this one has two things that many do not:
1) It’s extremely clean
2) It has a ton of natural foliage and shade everywhere. I often feel like I am in a forest because they built the park around the greenery instead of tearing it down for a concrete oasis.
Make sure you keep up with all the new happenings, giveaways, and fun family adventure on their facebook page.
When was the last time you went to Six Flags Over Georgia??