Back when I went to school there was no choice for how to learn. It was a text book, a pencil, and the Oregon Trail. Now, with today’s advanced technology, we have zipped from typewriters to keyboards, to smart phones, and now the ever prevalent tablets and apps. Now as a mom, I find that it is my responsibility to share great products with other moms that can help make their lives easier. It is with that thought that I wanted to introduce you to one of the companies on the forefront of today’s technology and a great way to help your kids learn in this modern era.
Get to know KNO!
Kno is a killer education software company on a mission to shake up higher education by making learning engaging, efficient, and social for students.
Founded by Osman Rashid, the co-founder of Chegg, and Dr. Habib in May 2009, the company has built an impressive set of learning products supported across multiple devices and platforms.
The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Intel Capital, Goldman Sachs, Advanced Publications, FLOODGATE, First Round Capital, Ron Conway, Silicon Valley Bank, SV Angels, GSV Capital and TriplePoint Capital and is based in Santa Clara, California.
Transform your tablet into a learning tool for your kids and increase their engagement with interactive eTextbooks or sign online and engage directly at Kno!
The Kno digital textbook app is available for the iPad and Web and will be available for Android tablets and Windows 7 in time for back to school.
Unlike normal textbooks, Kno has cool interactive features for your kids like:
- A digital Journal that automatically saves a student’s notes and highlights them in a study notebook
- Automatic Flash Cards of key terms in a book to help students study more efficiently and better retain information
- 3D models that bring difficult chemistry concepts to life to make them easier to understand
- Quiz Me feature, which automatically turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz for easy self-quizzing before tests
- SmartLinks that deliver instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas and concepts in a textbook in real-time for easy reference
- Coming soon, an analytics feature that will enable active engagement between parents and students to better measure reading progress.
Check out this short video to see some of the action that downloading the app can do:
With textbooks from K-12, you have a more affordable and interactive way to encourage your child’s growth and watch them be EXCITED about learning!
Kno Discount Code
Head over to Kno and check it out (or download the app) and receive a $5 credit to get you started by using the code:
Good from now till October 1, 2012
Win An Ipad Here!
To help get your child’s school year started off right with Kno, we have partnered with them to offer a giveaway of an iPad that will help you download this app and keep the learning going in your house. To enter, just use the Rafflecopter form below and one lucky winner will win an iPad from momdot! (please wait a moment for it to load)