I have marbleized a lot of things around here. It’s probably one the easiest, quickest, and most fun ways to get fantastic results in minutes. Need to dress up a table before a party? Marbelize. Want some holiday decor without spending too much? Marbelize. Bored with the kids…you guessed it! Needing only your mason jar and a handful of 99 cent nail polish, you will run out of jars before you run out of fun.
Sticking with July 4th, I created two Marble dipped Mason jars to give you a quick idea of what you can do with 5 minutes.
Watch how its done!
To get started
- Mason Jars (I prefer the ones without inscriptions on them- the smooth ones) – I show both in the tutorial
- Nail Polish– I grab mine from Dollar General. They have huge racks of bright 99 cent nail polish
- disposable container
DO NOT FORGET TO GET A PACK OF MASON JARS!
1) Fill up your container full of water.
2) Pour your nail polish in patterns on the water. Some nail polish will spread out thinly and some make more of a stripe pattern. Get creative!
3) For this project, you will want to wrok semi quickly. Nail polish stays on the top of the water allowing you to dip. However after a few minutes it fuses together and if you dip your jar into it at that point, it tries to grasp on as a sheet. This does not give you a smooth result when you pull your jar out. I put an example of that below.
(see below nail polish that sat too long pushes as one sheet and can get quite messy)
4) Partially dip your jar into the mixture, pull out, and dry upside down. Because its nail polish, it will dry pretty quickly.
Want to see other marbleized projects? Click below!
Have you completed a project you learned about here on MomDot? Tag me with #MomDot so I can see! Plus don’t forget to visit me on Pinterest for more fun projects!