This week I grabbed some of the Krylon Metallic Shimmer spray on a whim. I have been trying out different types of sprays to see what they do on glass and I was so pleased with this one. It took just over one coat to create an even and uniform wall of shimmer that looks perfect as a table setting and on my shelves. This is such a simple craft and perfect to decorate year round, however, I find it especially cute for Christmas and Holiday Mason Jar decor.
While BALL jars are beautiful, when crafting sometimes clear jars work much better. Personally, I prefer to use jars with no writing on them so I can clearly see what I am putting inside the jar and no worries about paint, glitter, or glue sticking uneven. Additionally, I like to keep a variety of jar sizes in house to be prepared for any craft project. From decoration to vases, adorable custom makeup or kitchen containers, mason jars are SO fun and make a gorgeous personal touch way outside just canning.
* Come in 3 sizes: 8oz, 16 oz, 32 oz
* If using a lid in final project, just paint
Metallic Shimmer Mason Jar DIY
What you will need to create this jar
- Mason Jars (I like the ones without words on them)
- Krylon Shimmer Metallic Spray (one can)
- Decor like Gemstone strips (by The Paper Studio)
- Simply paint your jar 1-2 coats and let dry. Takes approximately 15 minutes
- Wrap with Gemstone strips, silver string, anything you want
- Done! SEE EASY! This is a 5 minute craft with a gorgeous result.
The gemstone strips are in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby and come in a variety of colors. I love how easy they were to wrap and I didn’t have to cut them at all. Expect to see more of them on MomDot as the seasons change.