I suppose since I started doing more crafts around here (what? That is what yall read!) I haven’t spent as much time talking about the kids. I have been reserving that for intense complaining in social media, so I thought I would give a run down of my past 2 weeks.
1) We lost Little Kitty. Not Phoenyxs cat (Hercules) but our cat named Little Kitty. He was 16, fully blind and got around like an old old man.
On Saturday night we noticed a huge weight loss on him and odd behavior. By Sunday we were cancelling all our plans and calling in the emergency vet only to find out that he was failing in so many ways. There was no fix. After 16 years, longer than our marriage, we had to make the very very hard call of putting him down humanely rather than watching him die slowly at home. It’s never easy. This is the 5th pet we have lost in 6 years. We lost Mei Sei May to Kidney failure, Sebastian to cancer, Josie to being hit by a car (she was not an outdoor cat, she just got out that ONE time), Captain to Distemper and now Little Kitty to old age.
The hardest part about being a pet owner is this…death. I suppose its the hardest part of being a human really. The only solace I get about the whole thing is that if I didn’t hurt so bad I wouldn’t know how much I loved.
See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet baby.
2) Just another week and a half and our friends will be here to celebrate Mardi Gras. Fellow blogger and one of my very dear friends Nicole from Miss Blondie is spending the week at my house. She has been coming for a few years now and this time my husbands best friend Jay will be joining her. We feel like college kids again to have friends come stay.
We live in a pretty dull city with no friends, so for us this is pretty much epic.
3) Brandcation is heading up fast!
What is Brandcation? Brandcation is our blog trip that we run each year where we take up to 40 bloggers on an amazing “brand” cation with intense bonding and a great travel experience in a remote location. This year its being sponsored by Royal Caribbean on April 3rd-7th and you can follow along with all the attending bloggers at #SeasTheDay
4) Phoenyx won’t stop talking.
Like…EVER. Right now he is repeating commercials and came to tell me that dating is ‘disgusting’. He is also shoving the cats in drawers when I am not looking and generally finding ways to make me go gray. 2.5 years old and no potty training in sight.
5) That leaves me with Charlotte.
Well…she is Charlotte. She is doing great at horseback riding and is an all around smart kid. The other day she came home with her history assignment. They apparently pulled names out of a hat and she has to dress as that person and give a speech. She pulled George Washington. Every time I think about it I bust out laughing. I swear teachers do this stuff just to get a cackle at school.
I also gave her a big lecture about bringing home “AR” books from the library…so she brought home this.
6) Me personally? I am up to my eyeballs in books. Right now I am reading the Soul Seekers series and am on book 2, Fated. Right before this I finished up The Vampire Academy. Those were both so great! I suggest you read them now before the movies ruin them. Husband is great, life is great, I am happy.
What’s up in your world this week?