This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
Puerto Rico is a 5-star vacation destination filled with world-class attractions. No need for a passport or foreign money! Whether you like to golf, enjoy eating new foods, love adventure, or live at the beach, Puerto Rico has everything that you want in a nice relaxing vacation. Just hop on a plane and go!
Nicknamed the 51st state, Puerto Rico’s beautiful island has so many sites to see you won’t want to miss. From relaxing beaches (over 270 miles worth) to the impressive Camuy caverns, here are just a few of my MUST DO items when we visit someday:
- Glow like an angel in the water in the Bioluminescent bays – it gives you a blue aura while in the water!
- Climb to the clouds at El Yunque rainforest (the only tropical rainforest under U. S. national park service).
- Enjoy the old world charm of San Juan – a must for a history buff like Chris!
- See the Camuy caverns where you can see stalactites, stalagmites, unique formations and thousands of bats. You can even go on a night tour!
- Try some exotic foods you can’t find anywhere else, like their Lechon (roast pig), and Arroz con Gandules (pigeon pea rice), and their world famous rum.
Puerto Rico Tourism recently partnered with the popular travel review site Trip Advisor, to transform real traveler 5-star reviews into stunningly beautiful short films narrated by Puerto Rican stars. These reviews will make you want to see Puerto Rico and Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. in Puerto Rico.
WOW! Puerto Rico is such a dream! From the gorgeous beaches to the breath taking sites, this is definitely a destination that I will be adding to my bucket list! Some fun facts that may entice you to visit even more…
- Spanish and English are spoken in Puerto Rico w/many citizens speaking English and are very friendly to tourists.
- There is NO need for a passport or use of foreign money (if you are a U.S. citizen), since the United States currency is used.
- The country is located in the tropics in the northeastern Caribbean (just west of the U.S. & British Virgin Islands). Just a hop away from Florida.
- Puerto Rico has an average temperature of 82 Degrees, and stays about the same all year.
- Rosario Dawson, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, and Joaquin Phoenix are some of the most famous people from Puerto Rico.
- The pina colada was invented in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico - Yum! And they produce and export more rum than any other country in the world!
- Puerto Rico was discovered by good ole’ Christopher Columbus in 1493.
- The hammock and the cooking “grill” were first invented and used in Puerto Rico by the Taino Indians (before Columbus came).
WIN WIN WIN
How would you like to WIN an all expenses paid vacation for TWO? Well, I have some exciting news!! I am giving away a TRIP FOR TWO that includes: Airfare, a three (3) night stay (in one room), and food credit – valued at nearly $2,000!! Whoa nelly!
So I gotta know, if you won, who would you bring? Your spouse? Your mother? Your best friend for a girls weekend? I know Chris and I would have a blast on a trip like this, but this vacation isn’t for me, its for you!!
Call it an early Christmas gift.
Where would you want to go? Do any of my MUST DO items make your list? I cannot stop thinking about that magical rain forest, and how incredible it would be to jump in and play in the water!
And don’t worry, there are NO scary wild animals to worry about either.
Well, what are you waiting for?? Enter all your important info and entries into the form below!! Best of luck to everyone – you deserve this!!
How To Enter to win this fantastic vacation!
1. Leave a comment on the blog posts about your favorite amenities in Puerto Rico – find your favorite here: SeePuertoRico.com
**Examples: Flamenco Beach, old world charm of San Juan, etc.!
For additional entries
2. Tweet out a message about what you would like to do in Puerto Rico with a link back to the participating blog post and the hashtag #5StarPR. Make sure to leave your tweet URL in the comment sections of the participating blog’s post. You can also Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter
3. Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook !Leave a comment on the blog post stating you Liked them on Facebook.