Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away and I am already planning out what I am cooking. I am actually a decent cook. I typically make a turkey and several nontraditional sidedishes quiet easily. It’s the desserts that stress me out! Often guests will ask me what they need to bring and I’ll say very quickly: DESSERT. No matter what, I typically burn the pies, collapse the cakes, and in general, end up having to go buy dessert. This year I am going to skip all of that pain and purchase a premade Pumpkin Pie. It’s all of the deliciousness with none of the fuss. The great thing about desserts like Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pie, is that it’s already made from scratch. You simply have to put it in the oven to bake it. Saves tons of time and when you are dessert handicapped like I am, it provides a better chance of perfection.
And because you have your pumpkin pie taken care of, I wanted to give you a great idea on how to make it extra special for your guests. At the end of Thanksgiving everyone is always super tired, am I right? We eat too much and watch football all day so dessert can be hard to truly enjoy on an already full belly.
This Thanksgiving, pack your pumpkin pie in a mason jar and send your guests a little dessert home!
*this idea sponsored in partnership with Mirium Shopper*
Pumpkin Pie to Go in Mini Mason Jars
- First, cook your Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pie. You will need approximately 80 minutes and make sure you do not take it out of the freezer till you cook it. Once your pumpkin pie is cooled, use a cookie cutter to make small around cuts around the pie.
- Remove gently from the cookie cutter
- Drop into a mini mason jar
- You can top with Reddi-wip and some sprinkles or nuts if they are going to eat it on the way home or double up the pie for a full jar without whipped cream. Keep in mind that whipped cream, once out of the fridge, will melt if it’s not refrigerated.
- Wrap the mason jar lid around with a cute saying like Thankyou or Pumpkin Pie to Go. You are also welcome to use mine here- download the PDF file, print, and cut out.
Even if you are not having your guests leave with the pie, it’s still fun to serve and eat in the jars and makes for quick clean up and an impressive dessert table.
Ready to relax? Do not forget a drink! Add delicious Swiss Miss hot cocoa as a side drink for a truly fun fall evening.
Still looking for more Taste of Home Ideas with less work and more fun?? Check out this great idea below and get inspired.