Halloween has always been my favorite holiday of the year. As a kid, I loved it because I got to dress up and make myself sick on all of the trick-or-treat candy. Now as an adult, I love it because of all the fun treats I get to bake for my kids.
I am so inspired this year because of all the new Halloween themed products coming out, especially the pumpkin spiced candy melts. They’re so easy to use for dipping, drizzling and when no one is looking, munching the chips right out of the bag. These delicious little morsels of candy are the perfect coating for what I call Pumpkin Spiced Caramel Crunchies.
These bite sized treats are made with a few simple ingredients and can be made in less than an hour.
Halloween Pumpkin Spice Caramel Crunchies Recipe
- mini twist pretzels
- caramel squares
- Wilton Pumpkin Spiced Candy Melts
- green m&ms candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Spread a handful of pretzels in a single layer on the foil lined sheet.
- Cut each caramel in half and place each half on the center of a pretzel.
- Bake 4-6 minutes, just until the caramels have softened a bit.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and press a pretzel on top of each caramel to form a pretzel sandwich with gooey caramel in between.Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat about a 1/2 cup of the candy melts with 2-3 tablespoons of shortening. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each heat cycle, until the candy has melted and is smooth.
- Dip each pretzel sandwich in the candy melt using a fork, tap the excess candy off inside the bowl and place each pretzel sandwich on a Silpat or wax line baking sheet.
- Place a M&M candy at the top to make a stem.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to help the candy harden and serve!
Tip – When dipping the pretzel sandwiches, full submerge the pretzel in the candy and scoop it back out using a fork. You can gently tap the base of the fork on the rim of the bowl to remove excess candy.
When you bite inside these sweet little pumpkin treats, you get the saltiness and crunch of pretzel, sweet gooey caramel and a hint of pumpkin spice from the candy melt coating.