Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
Serves: 8 / Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes cooling time / Cook Time: 25 minutes
Make-Ahead: Honeycomb can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Preheat oven to 425°F for roasting peaches.
2. Now grab a bowl and whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about a minute, or until sugar is saturated. Take your peaches, with the cut side facing up and place in a baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish, which will cover bottom. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a pan (over high heat) bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Your mixture will poof up a bit. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container. I live in the south and had a hard time with setting my candy. It softened a bit because of humidity. Still tastes delicious!
4. Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.