Looking for a homemade taquito recipe? Look no further with these delicious slow cooker cream cheese chicken taquitos, made perfectly during the day so you can rest easy and still enjoy a fantastic dinner tonight. While I personally enjoy my Mexican to be beef, my kids insist on chicken in all the things. And when it comes to slow cooking, I suppose it’s a great compromise since sI have found that there is nothing better than the long day cooking between all the added spices and chicken. Taco Tuesday is such a staple around here but with this recipe, you can easily make Taquito Tuesday- and customize with your own spices. YUM!
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, cumin and chili powder
- salt + pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 cups of cheese (I like a blend)
- 12 6 inch flour tortillas
- lots of toppings!
Make the Cream Cheese Chicken
- Combine your garlic, cumin, chili, salt, pepper, cream cheese and 1/3 cup water into your slow cooker.
- Add your chicken breasts on top of the cream cheese and then spread the rest of your cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high on 4.
- Shred chicken with forks and stir mixture.
<—————-When it comes to cooking in a slow cooker, it may be easy to cook but it can be super messy to clean. I have found that using these Reynold Slow Cooker liners makes it a CINCH to clean up. No matter whether it’s these slow cooker taquitos or tons of winter chili, you make your food and then pull the liner, leaving your pot spotless. I highly recommend them- they are LIFE CHANGING!
Make the Taquitos
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Fill your tortilla with chicken from your crockpot, add shredded cheese and roll. Place premade taquitos on a greased baking sheet. I use a little toothpick to cinch my tortilla closed so it doesn’t pop open while in oven. Top with additional cheese and place in oven for about 5-10 minutes to melt cheese and crisp up your tortilla. Once out, add with toppings and dip in sour cream! DON’T FORGET TO REMOVE YOUR TOOTHPICK!