When our friend Sarah from Ohana Mama let us know about this product, we knew it was an important one for moms everywhere. You can imagine how thrilled we were when Slow Cooker Mate knocked on our virtual door and gave us an opportunity to bring it you all! It doesn’t matter what you do during the day, there is rarely enough time to do it all. At the end of the day, cooking is about the last thing on my mind and I am quick to turn to mac and cheese and hot dogs. But my family does love a cooked meal and so do I. I am a fan of my crock pot (and my rice cooker, I have to say) and after reading this story below of how this crock pot came to be, I just shook my head in amazement.
As a fellow mompreneur, I know how hard it is to get a product to market and to go THREE YEARS and work on something, is beyond dedication. I am going to print the story of the product below so you can learn about it yourself and then we are going to give you a chance to WIN it as well.
How the Slow Cooker Mate Came to Be:
After many years of trying to have children, I finally gave birth to a beautiful little girl. At that time, I had a very successful accounting practice and was working a lot of hours. I was very unhappy being away from my daughter so much so I decided to close my practice.
I knew I was not going to completely quit working. I wanted to find something I was passionate about but could work on while being with my daughter. I have always been envious of people who were passionate about their work and have always wanted to be one of them.
After a lot of soul searching, I decided my passion was cooking. I didn’t have enough recipes to write a cookbook and a restaurant or catering business was out of the question because of the long hours they required. I also did not have a food product that I felt was unique enough to market.
Then, one day, I was in a store and passed by the slow cookers. I remembered making a comment probably 10 years before that I loved my slow cooker and did not understand why it only cooked a one pot meal. I had seen cookers that were divided in two but even that seemed inadequate.
Why can’t it cook an entire meal? That being an entrée and two separate side dishes. After all, that is the type of meals we eat.
Something kept nagging at me. What is a slow cooker? It is just a small oven that cooks at a low temperature. So, why won’t it work? This was when I took the first step down the path and built the first very crude prototype. I was very pleased when the first prototype really did work. It really cooked the meal.
I did a lot of research to see what was on the market and did a survey of my target market to determine if there was any interest in a product like this. The results were very encouraging so, I continued working on the prototype and located a manufacturer who could make the product for me.
After 3 years of developing the prototype and working with the manufacturer, I have just introduced Slow Cooker Mate™ to the market. I hope this product will make it easier for Moms to put a nutritious meal together for their families and give them more time to enjoy their families.
- Slow Cooker Mate™ is the most versatile and innovative slow cooker on the market today.
- It is a high quality stainless steel slow cooker with electronic controls.
- The electronic controls can be programmed to cook for up to 18 hours. At
the end of the programmed cooking time, Slow Cooker Mate™ automatically
switches to the keep warm setting.
- With the Slow Cooker Mate™, the large 6L crock can be used alone to cook roasts, stews or other large one pot meals we are accustomed to being prepared in a slow cooker.
- The unique stoneware divided insert (found ONLY in the Slow Cooker Mate™) allows you to cook 2 side dishes while the lower stoneware chamber holds an entrée for up to 5 or 6 people.
- Slow Cooker Mate™ eliminates the need to spend more time cooking side dishes to compliment your entrée.
- Use Slow Cooker Mate™ to cook meals in the summer when schedules are filled with activities and you don’t want to heat the kitchen with a stove top or oven.
- • Stainless steel exterior
- • Keep warm, low and high settings
- • Programmable up to 18 hours
- • Automatically switches to keep warm at end of cooking cycle
- • Large 6L cooking pot can be used with or without shallow divided dish
- • Divided shallow insert is perfect for cooking side dishes
- • Lid and both crocks are dishwasher safe
- • Both crocks are microwave & oven safe
Want to win one?
Check out Slow Cooker Mate and let us know a fact or menu item you found there so we know you checked it out. Feel free to leave feedback on how this would help your family have more home cooked ready made meals.
To gain a second vote: Give her a VOTE in the Start Up Nation Contest…a product with this much dedication from a mom like us, deserves a vote!
Tweet Tweet! Tweet it for an entry!
If you complete all three entry points, you may enter as often as you want as long as your comments remain about the Slow cooker, home cooked meals, or recipes you can use in a slow cooker.
Contest ends March 13th