Once upon a time,
children’s shoes were taking themselves a bit too seriously,
and feet were not having any fun.
Then one day, a new brand named Polliwalks™ was created.
Polliwalks™ brought fun back to children’s feet. All the children loved their Polliwalks™.
They took them home, quickly became best friends, and lived happily every after.
When was the last time a shoe looked you in the eye and made you smile?
Feet have never had so much fun!
Go on, go outside and play!
And so starts the opening of the Polliwalks website.
Lets be honest. When the MomDot Review team got offered these shoes, I thought….OK, ill give it a shot, although I’m not a big fan of similar versions of this “type” of shoe. I had to eat my words big time when they arrived. Not only were they cute and cuddly, my daughter has not pried them off her feet in a month. More arguments have stemmed in my house from her wanting to wear these to everything, then any other item around here.
Anytime I get something I want her opinion on, I don’t let her see me open it yet. I sit her down and tell her I have something for her. Then I get the camera and video tape her reaction so you get the genuine feeling from her point of view. Here is what she said:
[flashvideo filename="videos/polliwalks.flv" width="448" height="361" /]
Some of the benefits of the shoes:
- FUN and Colorful animal shaped shoes (pat. pending)
“Footprinter™ Bottom” (pat. pending) Each shoe bottom features the footprints of the animal that the shoe represents. Step in mud, sand, dirt or water and leave footprints behind
- Superior fit as compared to competitors
- Molded Soft Foam Construction
- Easy on/off for young children
- Easy to clean: Styles made exclusively of foam material can be hosed off, washed with a damp sponge and mild soap or machine washed (cold water wash, gentle cycle, DO NOT tumble dry – air dry only). Styles incorporating other materials, like faux fur, can be wiped with a damp sponge and mild soap and air dried.
- Waterproof closed cell foam material
- No Waste Manufacturing – all excess material created from molding process is recycled.
- Environmentally friendly packaging – tags and hooks made from recycled paper and plastic, minimal packaging used.
- Environmentally friendly water based adhesives used in manufacturing.
- Vegan- no animal products are used in manufacturing process.
1) Yes, I would purchase a pair for my child or for a gift. In the past month they have been durable, adorable, and comfortable. They also come in a variety of styles for girls and boys and would be cute to have a few choices over the summer months.
2) POPULAR! We get stopped a lot and asked where we got these. They are noticeable and different.
3) The pair we had had a liner to make them soft on the inside. I liked knowing that Charlotte’s feet were cushioned.
1) This is not really an improvement but more of a mom watch out. Charlotte spends a lot of time at the park and a lot of parks around here have that wood chip ground. The sticks from the wood chips do get stuck on the lining of the shoe very easily.
Hence: The arguing with Charlotte over wearing them to the park.
Digging tiny sticks out of the lining of the shoe is not fun. That is not the shoes problem, its ours, but just a warning so you dont end up for an hour doing what we have had to do.
Now our reviewers also reviewed other versions and you can see Bridgettes shoes change colors in the sun. Enter Her contest on her site at The Not So Blog.:
Cat also reviewed and you can see her review at 3 Kids and Us, also including a giveaway:
GIVEAWAY ON MOMDOT
MomDot is proud to offer someone else a chance for their own pair of Polliwalks! To enter our contest, just head over and pick out the adorable pair your child would love!
To gain other entries:
- If you carry our blog in your blogroll or banner on your page, you get an entry
- If you are a subscriber to our blog via a reader or email, you gain an entry
- Every time you tweet tweet! You get an entry!
Ends May 1st
A Pair of polliwalks were donated to all reviewers who contributed to this post.