The info below is subject to change and I will keep adding to it, so please keep checking back. Iten will be up on this page soon as well.
Dollywood (free admission + lunch)
- Extra Info: We will allow you to split up in groups to run through Dollywood at your leisure. We will meet for lunch, please do not be late. They will be giving us a presentation about the brand at that time. We will then be able to go out again into the park. Dollywood will be offering vans for those bloggers interested in visiting the Dolly cabins. This is a unique way to bring something extra to your blog posts. They will bring you over and back to the park in groups. Please note that Dolly brands have been very generous and are looking at hosting Brandcation in a dolly cabin in the future (free of charge) so we would love your opinion if you would stay there.
Cabin Fever Vacations (special rates for our group)
- Extra Info: The cabins would love to have you blog on their site. This is a GREAT way to get some travel blogging exposure for future comped trips for your blog and a link back. I will help set up all interested parties.
- Their Facebook
- Their Twitter
Dixie Stampede (free admission to dinner show)
Titanic Museum (Free admission to sold out tour, usage of meeting rooms, and breakfast)
Wax Museum (free admission, gift. tickets to give away on your blog)
Country Tonight (free admission to concert show, optional event, tickets to giveaway on your blog)
- Extra Info: This is not a planned event, but they have offered us tickets. Those interested I will pass tickets to you and your friends and you can go at will while exploring. The theater is a multimillion dollar theater.
Flashy Blinky Lights – sponsorship for special (surprise) event
(more info coming soon)
Info you may need:
(it is also fine to tag your posts with additional hashtags like the location #pigeon forge , #smokeymountains , etc)
We are going to PIGEON FORGE, NOT GATLINBURG. These cities are very different, although only 5 miles apart. PF is hosting us, so please do not write that wrong in your articles.
Things you should know:
We would like to host a group rafflecopter giveaway with one of your posts. The city of Pigeon Forge has been very generous in offering up admissions, food, and information. Its been very Southern hospitality at its finest. We will send out the code in about a week after return and I will keep the tickets and fulfill the prizes. We will all be hosting the same rafflecopter and the prizes will consist of tickets from the locations we visited!
We fully expect you to blog about and include your opinion/pictures for all the comped events and any sponsors that paid for us to attend. You may include the Dolly brand events into one post if you prefer…sorta like a “Dolly Day” (dixie stampede, dollywood). Additionally, we have one sponsor picking up a special event, so we would like you to include “brought to you by ___________”. I will give you more info at that time since its a surprise. After all, the entire reason the companies want bloggers there are to BLOG. Brandcation #3 girls really did a great job (120 posts and over 1400 social media shoutouts) but we believe this group will do even better. When it comes to SWAG and GIVEAWAYS, the focus on this Brandcation will be less swag since we are all coming in from different locations. In any case, you do not have to do an individual post about swag sponsors (unless you would like to) but we do ask that you do one “thank you to” post at the culmination of the event. We will provide you with a digital cut and paste that are welcome to customize.
* Please tweet and facebook while you are live at some of the events. We will ask you/remind you and we do NOT want it to take over the event, but we may ask you during down times to give outs to the brands. Show them the POWER of what you can DO. Our presence at some of these places is a FIRST for them and its up to this group of bloggers to show how positive a strong group of professionals can be.
You will have some down time. Please bring money for some food on your own, snacks, and extras you want to buy. We have built in breaks between events and in the evenings.
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN
Because we realize that Brandcations are a special breed of event, we want to thank YOU for giving back to the sponsors in a timely fashion. Between now and 2 weeks after the event, every one of the following earns you an entry :
- tweet/follow of a brand
- facebook like/share/follow of brand
- blog post about the events/brands/brandcation
- pin of a brand
- link to a brand, etc
- stumble one of the attendees posts on brandcation/events
- any other social media aspect you think of not listed but related to events
- pre-event ideas: shout outs on twitter, encourage visitors to follow, ask people if they have been to those locations, ask fav rides at dollywood, etc.
One winner will be rewarded from an entry to win thier choice of one of the following three prizes:
“Moms Playtime, Surftime, Alonetime Prize”
which will be an iPad2
“Moms a Business Woman with a Blog Prize”
which will be a Canon T3 12.2 meg with 18-55mm lense
“Moms Relax, Get out of my room, I am reading Pack”
which includes Kindle fire + 1 year amazon prime + $100 amazon gift card
There will only be ONE winner, but its just out of 33 other bloggers, so your chances get higher the more you do. I will pull the winner by “as the winner is” plugin. Just please come back and put your link to your tweet/facebook/pin, etc. in the comments. Every comment for your posts/social stuff you make on this post is an entry.
In adddition to your comments, PLEASE PLEASE put your articles in this linky when you write them and make the title something for us to know what it is. For example, if you are doing a post on Dixie Stampede, please write (Dixie Stampede/Momdot) or (Pre-brandcation Shoutout/MomDot) etc in the title. We are going to turn over your articles to the brands at the end and its helps us collect them in an easy way. This is absolutely the most important part of the end of the event for us as the staff for this. Your articles and thoughts on where we visited help us decide future locations.
linky below, please wait for it to load. You may start now!