When I first found out I was pregnant, I really started looking at all the strollers, car seats, and bassinets online. Aside from things being “cute”, finding something with the right features was going to be the most important. I actually was sent a set from Safety 1st that I really did like, but after comparing them to the new Maxi-Cosi ones I have, the difference between the two are astounding.
Had I both sets at the same time I would have realized the profound difference in material, how things opened and closed, the ease of putting them together and more.
Maxi-Cosi Piazzo collection
Lets start with what the line consists of:
- Travel System – Cosi35 Infant car seat & Lightweight Stroller
- Play Yard – Includes bassinet, parent storage, toy mobile, travel tote and soothing music unit featuring nightlight and vibration
- High Chair – Grows with your child with 3 recline positions, 4 footrest positions, and 7 height positions for every stage of feeding
Assembly of stroller and car seat (Travel set):
First off, this is the set I let my husband have for his car and now am ultra mega super jealous that this is the carseat in his car. I feel that Phoenyx is actually safer, or at the very least happier, in this car seat and stroller. It was incredibly easy to put together and taking it out of the box and removing the plastic took longer than the wheel and tray assembly did.
In fact, it was so easy that I don’t have much to tell you about.
Step 1: pull out of box
Step 2: add on wheels
Step 3: Put in baby
Step 4: throw box away
And that is how I like my baby assembly!
We went for a walk with this stroller this week (now that we had a baby to add to the stroller) and its perfect on the drive and has super soft material. Phoenyx felt right at home. Our only complaint regarding the stroller is that its not overly easy to fold down. I find this with most strollers but the squeeze on the handle can get sticky and require some pressure to get there.
Features we really like on this travel set
- Handles extend automatically for someone that is taller
- The stroller stands up once you fold down. Meaning that you do not have to lay it flat on the ground in order to store it. If you are in a restaurant laying down your stroller can be inconvenient, so its nice that this one folds and stands. In my house, that means one less cat is going to crawl on it
Also, I wanted to note that this stroller is most likely average for all strollers, but it did take up the entire trunk in our car:
The carseat has some nice features like the soft padding that goes over the shoulder area which keeps the belts from cutting into the neck or shoulder area and the ball that lets you know if the carseat is set at the right angle for the weight of your child.