A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of telling you about my fabulous Maxi-Cosi Piazzo car seat and stroller. I figured I would take the time to update you on if anything has changed since I use it more and more and the answer is no. Its still fantastic and I still recommend it.
In fact its been so great that we retired the secondary car seat we have and decided to just add a base to the other car to transfer this one back and forth.
Now on my last post I decided not to run the playyard/bassinet side by side in the review because I hadn’t had a chance to really test it out. With a crib in my house, I have been working on putting baby P in his room, in his bed, as often as possible and it left little time for P and I to get to know this part of the collection.
The sooner you get those little monsters out of your room, the quicker everyone gets a real nights sleep.
That being said, we have now had a chance to use it properly and the play yard has come in handy quite a few times in Phoenyx’s short 6 weeks. In short, it has been a lifesaver on road trips overnight.
To remind you, the collection consists of:
- Travel System – Cosi35 Infant car seat & Lightweight Stroller
- Play Yard – Includes bassinet, parent storage, toy mobile, travel tote and soothing music unit featuring nightlight and vibration
- High Chair – Grows with your child with 3 recline positions, 4 footrest positions, and 7 height positions for every stage of feeding
Maxi-Cosi Piazzo Play yard with Bassinet
The Maxi-Cosi Piazzo Playard provides a roomy place for your baby and all of your baby necessities. The changing center is elevated and easily accessible, while the easy-to-access storage shelves allow you to keep all of your baby necessities right by your side. The baby-view bassinet provides a safe place for your baby to lie down, and the breathable mesh sides allow you to see your baby at all times. A modular plush toy mobile provides entertainment by giving baby something to look at or later reach for, and a night-light, soothing lullabies and two-speed vibration calm your baby when it’s time to sleep. Maximum weight: 30 lbs
- The Maxi-Cosi Piazzo Playard is equipped with and ergonomic changing station that can be attached to either side of the play yard. It folds out of the way and sets up with just 1 hand.
- Storage shelves keep diapering accessories within reach
- Soothing sounds unit with nightlight, 2 speed soothing vibrations and auto shut off
- Bassinet included
Features I like:
- Like most play yards on the market, this one comes with storage capacity conveniently on the side to host your diapers, wipes, and pretty much anything else you may need. In my house I have added blankets, swaddle and burp cloths, a hair brush, baby lotion, and ears and nose suckers. It’s so convenient to know where it’s all at when you need it, especially if in the middle of the night you have to grab something in the blink of an eye. That seems to happen a lot in my house.
- This play-yard is also a bassinet. When the baby is smaller, like P, you can put the child on the top instead of sinking him to the bottom and he is literally just an arms length away from you at night.
- The colors are beautiful. Red and brown to me is quite neutral for a boy or a girl. In addition, like all Maxi-Cosi products, the entire play yard is constructed with quality materials that are easily cleaned and look modern and sturdy. We didn’t have any stitching or pulling issues.
- After you initially learn how to set up and take down the play yard, the entire process can be done in under 5 minutes. One trip to grandmas and we had this thing figured out in no time.
- Break down is a nice rectangle shape that slides easily into a car trunk or stores into a closet when not in use.
- While I cannot vouch for its longevity at this time, the pieces of the entire collection are solid and appear that they would last quite some time.
- There is a light on the side that comes in handy for middle of the night diaper changes! I have actually removed that light from the play yard and used elsewhere in the house at times. It’s bright but not blinding.
- Set of wheels so you can pick it up on one end and roll it through the house.
Concerns I have:
- I consider my household an average consumer household and found the diaper changing station a little difficult to put together. There is a piece that you have to adjust to get hooked properly and for the longest time we thought was broken. Turns out it isn’t, but an average house hold may have the same trouble in assembly.
- It’s a bit heavy to carry in the bag.
- The padding and material that is part of the bassinet and play yard bottom can get bunched up easily when the baby is laying down. Because you fold it up, it tends to not lay completely flat in further usages.
Overall, I like this choice for a play yard and bassinet. The extra features make it a smart buy and once you have assembly down, the transportation and getting it up and down is easy and well worth the purchase.
maxi cosi provided this set