Today’s topic is “6 ways you are like or unlike your mother.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .
Haha! I don’t know about everyone else, but this week’s topic was an easy one for me. I’ve spent years analyzing the answers to this question. ;P
Here are my six . . .
1) We are both a little OCD. When I was growing up, she could tell if something was a half a millimeter out of place. Since I’ve had children, I’ve been much better about not being like that, but I use to need to have the toss pillows on the sofa a certain way, have the condiments in the cabinet lined up and facing front, etc . . .
2) We are both over-critical. I am less so than she is, because I am painfully aware of it due to the fact that I do not want to put my children through what I went through (or am still going through) with my own mother.
3) Here is a way we are not alike. She talks about children like they are not there. It is something that can be hurtful for a child. She did it to me and my sister and now she does it in front of my children and I make sure she knows how much it angers me.
4) We both think that our children are the most important thing in the world.
5) We are not alike in that she thinks academics is the only thing a child should focus on from preschool through graduate school, while I think that academics is extremly important, I do think that a child needs to be well-rounded in order to be happy.
6) We both like eating ice cream, watching sitcoms, and shopping.
Now go post your own list on your blog (don’t forget to grab a button) and then leave the direct link to your post on Mr. Linky. Then go check out everyone else’s Small Talk Six lists and leave them a comment so they know you stopped by.