Television star salaries were recently listed by TV Guide letting us know what those Hollywood earnings really are. So how much do stars make for their TV shows? More than someone like you and I do on a 9-5, that is for sure. But are they bigger than big blockbuster movie actor salaries?
Take a look at the top paid actors and actresses of TV series, including large contracts and big episode payouts:
1) Jennifer Lopez
Lopez netted a 12 million dollar deal to be one of the new co-hosts for American Idol. I am not looking forward to her. I think she be as flaky as Paula without the lovable factor. Puke.
P.S. Ryan Seacrest has a deal for 15 million for his continued service.
2) Charlie Sheen
Charlotte Sheen rocks the TV Salary mark and with over 14.4 million viewers, he is up from $825K an episode to $1.8 million. That’s a nice pay raise. I think I could get out of bed for that in the morning. His co-star Jon Cryer makes $550K an episode.
That has to be annoying.
3) Hugh Laurie
Hugh Laurie is also known as “Dr. House” and nets a cool $400K per episode. And with as many episodes as I see on re-runs, that ain’t too shabby.
4) Oprah Winfrey
Not too much of a shocker, Oprah brings in 325 million dollars a YEAR. That could feed a small (or large….probably large) country.
I mean does anything after like $100million even make a difference? Does that mean you can buy an island instead of a jet to take you to an island?
5) Judge Judy
Judge Judy was one of my favorite shows back in college. She had a soft heart somewhere under the cynicism. Maybe its because she has an annual salary of 45 Million.
6) David Letterman
David Letterman is talk show King, although I do not watch him, beating out all the other late night hosts, for a respectable TV salary of 28 million.
Other TV salaries to make you sick:
- Law And Order Stars Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay both take $395K an episode
- Dancing with the Stars celebrities $200K per episode plus bonus
- Katie Couric has a 15 million dollar contract
- Mark Harmon of NCIS takes home $325K per episode
- Patrick Dempsey, Grey’s Anatomy $225,000
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Old Christine $225,000
- Eva Longoria, Desperate Housewives $200,000
- Ellen Pompeo, Grey’s Anatomy $200,000
- Jeff Foxworthy, Are You Smarter… $150,000
- T.R. Knight, Grey’s Anatomy $125,000
- Chandra Wilson, Grey’s Anatomy $125,000
- Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters $100,000
My Christmas seems puny now.
More Great Articles:
Animal House: Where are they now?