Recently I received an email about a contest that Sears was having for ShopYourWay asking why you would be the “Ultimate Personal Shopper”. I considered it….just because I love fashion, would I actually be a good Personal Shopper? Honestly,…I am going to let you decide. There is nothing that catalogs a life more than Facebook, so I thought it would be fair to dive into what I share the most and share it with Sears.
The Top 5 Reasons I would be a great personal stylist
5) I am not limited by just clothing.
Part of what makes up a style is the whole package. For me that is hair, nails, makeup, shoes, and accessories. I believe that a good sense of style starts with knowing about what makes YOU tick. In my life, it’s more than just a new dress. It’s also about feeling good in your own skin.
I get those feelings with the following….
and Mommy/Daughter Pedicures:
4) I pay attention to someones personal style and not just things that “I” like.
As a personal stylist you cannot just go out and find something that would be great on yourself. It doesn’t take me long when hanging with someone to “get” who they are. I love helping people develop their beauty and clothing style and not detract from how they feel most comfortable. I do believe that sometimes women need an extra push to get out of jogging pants and black T shirts and I am ready to do that, but I would never make someone step so far from who they are, they felt self conscious.
3) I am not afraid to ask for opinions and listen to them.
When I am out shopping, I am very online and social. I am constantly sharing shoes, clothes and makeup I find.
In fact, just a few weeks ago I was out looking for deals and ran across this jacket…and got some very opinionated responses:
and more response…
I did not buy the jacket.
2) Friends, family, and companies all seek out my thoughts on fashion.
Not a day goes by that I am not asked or text an outfit or makeup to look at. My friends trust me with their fashion choices and subsequently I have helped prevent the 80′s from returning on many of my friends styles. Before an event? Forget about it..my phone is blowing up with dressing room pictures from friends. And I LOVE it. Here are a few friends asking and sharing…
and sometimes they actually buy something I recommend:
1) I am self confident.
It doesn’t matter if I am working my way into a new fancy dress for Mardi Gras (this is one of the many I shared on my shopping trip):
dressing my kids up (after all, they are the perfect canvas)
or going for a night on the town with my husband:
I think that the most important feature a woman can wear is her confidence. You don’t have to look fancy to FEEL good about yourself.
Beauty is truly something you share from the inside.
Now I don’t want you to take my word for it…so I asked online….here are just a few of those responses…
And a few more in case you are not convinced yet…
With back to school coming up, I do not want to leave you hanging.
My top 3 selections at Sears would be:
1) Dark Wash Denim Jeans: Denim is a must have for all kids. It lasts and lasts, is still fashionable with holes, and let me state again…lasts and lasts. I love these Toughskin jeans because dark denim tends to be flattering with most top choices and these have an adorable embroidered flower that give them a little something extra.
2) Self Esteem 2 piece outfit: Aside from purple, which is a fantastic color, and aside from the fact that this outfit is only $12, I love the little conservative play on the shrug, the matching necklace, and the belt. Truly a full outfit to make any girl feel special on her first day:
3) Jr Floral Print Blouse: Including a little cami underneath, this blouse would look great with some jeans. I find it romantic and the buttons in the middle add a nice waistline for a trendy teen.
Alright, I have laid it all on the line. If you think that Sears should pick me to show case a little about fashion to their users as a truly authentic over sharer of making the outside match the inside, please consider tweeting, thumbing this post, or leaving a comment. And while I do believe I have shown how active my lifestyle is with fashion, I am always humbled by your support on my site.
~disclosure: I Submitted this blog post to Sears Holdings for the opportunity to appear in a ShopYourWay.com Video.
update: I have removed my entry into the competition. The prize does not include a ticket to the event and they are sold out, so it wont help me much to attend. Thank you to my community for responding and supporting my blog regardless!