This time of year I hear it all….. I hate shopping, I love shopping, I hate crowds, I love to people…. Personally I like it all. Yes, I do enjoy the heading out to the malls and the stores and seeing the lights and the decor and hustle and bustle, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of shopping? Of getting the best deals at the best prices? Well, I prefer to do that online. Cyber Monday is my holiday of the year and I have already began formulating a plan of site attack in my head.
Now last year, while I had two kids for the first time, one was so young that I didn’t have to buy him anything. Now I have two fully moving, grooving, and busy bodied children that will be ripping open toys and laughing in delight. And there is so much to consider! What toys will last the test of time, should I go educational, fun, or creative? And the biggie, how much should I actually buy? I admit that I can go overboard. Its one of the few times of the year that I give myself permission to spoil my kids because I get nothing but pleasure out of gift giving.
This year I will be visiting a lot of online places, but one of my first stops will be one of my favorite sites of all…eBay. A million years ago I was a business woman on eBay and sold crafting items, so it’s one of the first places I go back to support and purchase from. eBay has come a long way from its tiny auction start.
Now they have buy it now, auctions, store fronts, big box stores, you name it, eBay probably has it.
Did you know that eBay carries some of the HOTTEST online toys this year through Toys-R-Us on eBay?
You can get the exact same great prices but totally stress free. If I was passing out tips for easy shopping it would simply be to do it sitting on a chair in front of your computer or on your phone sitting on the couch. It is with all that in mind that I wanted to present you with a few toys that I am considering this year in my home!
Top 10 eBay Gifts Perfect for my Family
(in no particular order)
1) Disney Pixar Cars 2 – 2 Walkie Talkies – McQueen and McMissle: Sounds silly, but Walkie Talkies can provide a world of fun between two kids or parents and kids. this is one toy that keeps going on and on and every kid should experience a hide and seek adventure outside with Walkie Talkies.
2) iPod Dock: My daughter is still rocking a CD player…and sadly, the top doesn’t even close anymore. She has an iPod but she also has a ton of CDs and loves to put them in for her friends to dance. The problem with her iPod is that it doesn’t have the speaker power to get over the screaming and giggling of a few girls at a time, so she is gonna need something a bit more powerful.
3) Fisher-Price Cruise Groove Ballapalooza: Already on my list, this is an amazing new fu creation from Fisher Price. Since they product about 90% of the toys in my home, I fully expect this one to be another home run.
4) The Home Depot Master Workshop: Kitchens for girls…manly stuff for the little guy in your house! Phoenyx would love this amazing stand up master workshop. He may be a tad on the young side now, but it wont be long before he will be wanting to test out his carpentry skills.
5) FurReal Friends Pony: My daughter is SUCH a horse girl. We have had quite a few FurReal items in our home and the FurReal horse is no exception. Unfortunately it met its match with a marker a few years ago when she was younger, but its a great toy for the animal lover in your house.
6) Furby: Furby is making his comeback and I keep hearing: I WANT THAT!! When the commercials come on. I have a feeling this lovable guy from my own childhood may be making an appearance in my home this year.
7) Little Tikes Cozy Coupe 30th Anniversary Edition: Cant go wrong with a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe! Charlotte had one, Phoenxy will have one, and this would make a great under the tree present that gets the kids outdoors.
8) AquaDoodle Draw ‘n Doodle Jumbo Deluxe Mat: I have been looking to start little P on crayons when someone suggested I try an AquaDoodle. Great idea to get kids started with a no mess, no fuss writing and drawing activity and fun for the whole family.
9) NEW MICROSOFT XBOX 360 S SLIM STAR WARS LIMITED EDITION SYSTEM: Woah! This is majorly awesome! Why get a regular XBOx when you can get one that is Star Wars related? Same price, better skin.
10) Thomas & Friends Toy Wooden Railway Figure 8 Wood 25 pc Train Track Trains Set: I have asked around and around about the best train sets. All the moms that have answered me have mainly said that the Thomas the Train Wooden sets are the best. Its on my list this year!
Now that you have seen some of my picks, you can head over to eBay and take a look at the gift guide and some of the hottest toys they have picked out for you this year! And if you are shopping on a mobile device, do not forget to download the app!
What are your hottest toy requests this year for your house??
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of eBay.
I received a product sample to thank me for taking the time to participate.