Looking for a new take on unicorn poop slime? Try Unicorn Poop Fluffy Slime! A twist on an old favorite, this easy to make but very bouncy and fluffy slime, is less messy and easier than its counterpart. With only three main ingredients, its nearly impossible to mess up this slime recipe, making it a favorite in no time. The shaving cream additive puts in an extra fluffy layer, making your slime feel more like a big batch of whipped cream than the sticky peanut butter feel you have likely made when it comes to slime. Scroll down to get your unicorn poop fluffy slime recipe!
Unicorn Poop Fluffy Slime Ingredients
To get started, you still need the traditional slime ingredients. For us, that is a Gallon of Elmer’s Glue, Liquid Starch, a colorant (I prefer Wilton’s Food Coloring) and for this, the additive that makes fluffy slime work, extra moisturizing shaving cream. Here is a list of items you will need for your fluffy slime recipe. This unicorn poop fluffy slime is made with liquid starch.
- White school glue – I always use GALLON SIZED GLUE. Tiny bottles do not produce a lot of slime and this is an addicting project. Go ahead and get the gallon size. You cannot find this in stores.
- Liquid Starch – This can also be impossible to find, so I always grab a bottle when I order glue
- Food coloring – I use Wilton’s Color Right for the best and brightest results
Unicorn Poop Fluffy Slime Recipe
- When it comes to making fluffy slime, first things first…make sure you have at on of glue!! When I suggested the gallon glue , I meant it. Nothing is more disappointing than making a tiny bit of slime. There is no perfect recipe when it comes to slime, so here is a basis that you can start with and adjust to find YOUR perfect unicorn poop slime! I start with about 2 cups of glue per color so its nice and thick. Now its time for color! The Wilton’s colorant makes it super bright and doesn’t dilute your slime.
- Here is the fun part! Spray in about a 1 cup worth of cheap shaving cream. I do not use the gel kind, just the good old fashioned dollar poof shaving cream. Mix these three items together. You will notice your glue puff up like puffy paint. You are on the right track!
- Now add your liquid starch. I wing this part, but I would start with about 1/4th-1/3rd cup and stir together. The slime will form almost immediately. Then you can take out and knead. Dip back in starch if its not hard enough. Do this for every color! Done!
- To make your “unicorn poop” slime, simply fold your varying colors together in stripes and enjoy.
NOTE: ADDING WHITE SHAVING CREAM WILL DILUTE YOUR COLORING– YOU MAY NEED TO ADD MORE AFTER THE SHAVING CREAM IS MIXED IF YOU WANT IT BRIGHTER.
One thing I adore about this kind of slime is that it retains shapes well so its super fun to press in your hand, cookie cutters, or even cut with scissors!
Just because its fluffy, doesn’t mean you cant thin it out and let it drip! You can keep it really poofy but if you lay stripes of it down, it will still flow pretty well like regular slime recipes- just puffier.