Today, we’re helping you find the best air fryers under $100. So if you’re on a budget but still want to indulge in your favorite crispy food fantasies, then this article is for you.
In addition to reviewing the 5 best air fryers under $100 available on the market, we’re also giving you a detailed buying guide for how to choose the right air fryer depending on your needs and budget. So let’s not waste any time and get started!
5 Best Air Fryers Under $100
1. GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
- Enjoy your favorite food without the...
- Sleek and modern look with advanced...
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to...
- Comes with non-stick pan and detachable...
- Includes recipe book, This recipe book...
Kicking off our list with a widely popular option, the GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer is here to help you serve healthier fried foods for as many people as possible. Thanks to its extra spacious capacity of 5.8 quarts (5.5 liters), you can feed your extra-large family after just one cycle.
A powerful 1700-watt motor operates the GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer, generating enough heat to ensure thorough cooking. It’s equipped with an impressive temperature range from 180°F to 400°F, allowing to adjust the cooking temperature in 10-degree increments.
Not only can you set the cooking timer for up to 30 minutes, but this air fryer also includes a new start/stop button that enables you to change the time and temperature during an ongoing cooking cycle. It also comes with a built-in alarm function to remind you to shake or check your food in 5, 10, and 15-minute increments.
The GoWISE USA Digital Air Fryer features a touch screen display to complete its sleek, modern look. The screen gives you total control over the cooking process depending on the type of meal you want to enjoy.
There are 8 built-in modes so you don’t have to play the guessing game with your food. You can cook everything from fries/chips and steak to cake and shrimps.
Additionally, this unit comes with a non-stick FDA-certified and PFOA-free (perfluorooctanoic acid) pan and detachable basket. It’s dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and has a cool-touch handle with a button guard to avoid accidental detachment.
When you purchase the GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer, you also get a recipe book that includes 50 recipes designed specifically for GoWISE USA Air Fryers.
Additionally, the product is available in black, white, plum, and red colors, backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- 5.8 quarts capacity
- 1700-watt motor
- 8 built-in cooking programs
- Touch screen display
- Easy to navigate
- A button guard prevents detachment by mistake
- Suitable for larger families
- You can readjust the time and temperature during a cycle
- Alarm function
- The handle can be sturdier
2. Ninja 4-in-1 AF101 Air Fryer
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with...
- Wide temperature range: 105 degree...
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket...
- The unit will need time to preheat...
- Dehydrate: Create flat, chip like...
With thousands of customers praising its top-notch quality and ease of use, the Ninja 4-in-1 AF101 Air Fryer is a wonderful choice for smaller families looking for a reliable, sturdy air fryer that doesn’t break the $100 mark.
Tested against deep-fried, hand-cut french fries with ALT Analytical Testing Laboratory, the Ninja AF101 Air Fryer allows you to enjoy guilt-free fried treats with up to 75% less fat compared to conventional frying methods.
The Ninja 4-in-1 Air Fryer is equipped with a capable 1500-watt motor that provides adequate heat for cooking a variety of meals. It has a wide temperature range starting from 105°F to 400°F, which allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or cook and crisp foods quickly via convection heat.
Thanks to the combination of low fan speed and low cooking temperature, the Ninja AF101 Air Fryer supports thorough dehydration. Moreover, the unit comes with a ceramic-coated crisper plate that allows hot air to reach under your food for even, all-around frying.
As the name suggests, this air fryer features 4 programmable cooking functions: Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, and Dehydrate. You can select the required mode from the intuitive one-touch control panel, where you can also manually adjust the cooking time and temperature.
With a 4-quart (3.8-liter) ceramic-coated nonstick basket and crisper plate that fits up to 2 pounds of french fries, the Ninja 4-in-1 Air Fryer provides a cooking capacity big enough to feed around 3 or 4 people per single cycle.
The Ninja AF101 Air Fryer does require some time to properly preheat before reaching the target temperature. To achieve the best cooking results, the manufacturer recommends you leave the machine to preheat for 3 minutes before adding your ingredients.
Included in the Ninja AF101 package, you’ll receive a 20 recipe book to get you inspired with a new meal every day, as well as an extra multi-layer rack to maximize your dehydrating capacity.
As for cleaning, it’s pretty much hassle-free since all the detachable parts are dishwasher safe, including the basket, crisper plate, and multilayer rack.
Although this unit is the most expensive option on our list, it has a solid construction and a compact design that’s well worth the money. The operation can be loud, so nighttime cooking may be problematic.
- 4 quarts capacity
- 1500-watt motor
- 4 programmable cooking functions
- One-touch control panel
- Wide range of temperature control
- Consistent results
- Easy to set up
- Can be a bit noisy
3. ULTREAN Electric Hot Air Fryer
- Enjoy Food with Less Fat or Oil: With...
- Get a Multifunction Cooker That Saves...
- Hassle-Free Operation: With accessible...
- Easy to Clean: It has a nonstick pan,...
- Contemporary Design: With an LCD display...
Another fantastic option for small to medium-sized families, the ULTREAN Electric Hot Air Fryer has thousands of positive reviews raving about its convenient operation, compact design, and delicious results.
This countertop appliance does a great job making the same fried and crispy foods you get using traditional but with less fat and oil for a healthier approach.
The ULTREAN Electric Hot Air Fryer is powered via a 1500-watt motor to produce the necessary heat required for quick yet thorough cooking of food.
As a multifunctional cooker, this sleek unit will save you both time and money. Besides frying yummy treats, you can also roast, bake, or grill your favorite meal using the same machine.
With a cooking capacity of 4.2 quarts (4 liters), the ULTREAN Air Fryer has plenty of room to feed around 5 people with one cycle.
The machine is built with “rapid air technology”, which is an innovative heating system engineered to cook your food evenly. Thanks to this high-efficiency air circulation system, you won’t have to worry about the hassle of using hot oil or cooking thermometers.
The ULTREAN Air Fryer also features a straightforward operation that you can easily figure out at the first use. The control panel consists of accessible buttons for adjusting the cooking time and temperature.
The auto switch-off timer goes from 0 to 30 minutes, while the adjustable temperature ranges between 180°F and 400°F to give you more freedom when cooking your meals.
The ULTREAN Electric Hot Air Fryer also comes with a flat basket in addition to the standard frying pot to give you a larger cooking space for more ingredients. The pan is nonstick and the frying basket is detachable, so you can throw them in the dishwasher for effortless cleaning.
The handle on this unit is heat-resistant for extra safety. Moreover, the machine is ELT/UL certified and FDA approved for quality. The scratch-free modern design is topped off with a contemporary LCD display for clear readings.
The ULTREAN Electric Hot Air Fryer is available in black, white, red, and blue colors to better match your kitchen decor. It’s also backed up by a 1-year warranty in case you encounter any issues.
- 4.2 quarts capacity
- 1500-watt motor
- Rapid air technology
- Button control panel
- Good heat circulation
- Contemporary design
- Straightforward operation
- ETL/UL certified, FDA approved
- 1-year warranty
- The nonstick coating isn’t very durable
4. Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer Dual Control
- HEALTHIER FRYING: This air fryer makes...
- SPACE SAVING BASKET: A sleek, rounded...
- PERFECTLY CRISPY RESULTS: Achieve...
- EASY CLEAN: The 3.6-quart non-stick...
- RESOURCES: cETL approved with advanced...
Next up is another excellent choice for shoppers on a budget, the Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer Dual Control is one of the highest-rated air fryers on the market even though it costs less than $60!
So, if you’re planning to serve a couple of people at a time and want to experience healthier cooking, the TurboFry Air Fryer could be exactly what you need.
Let’s start off with the capacity. This particular air fryer is on the smaller side, equipped with a cooking space of 3.6 quarts (3.4 liters) or 15 cups. It’s the smallest option on our list, but it’s big enough to feed fewer family members or friends.
However, there’s a particular upside to the somewhat limited capacity of this unit, which is an equally limited footprint.
This makes the TurboFry Air Fryer suitable for smaller kitchens since it doesn’t take up too much counter space. The 2-in-1 tank/basket design supports extra space-saving while ensuring maximum capacity.
Powered by a 1200-watt motor, this air fryer applies good air circulation to give you a healthy, crispy finish using at least 80% less oil than old school methods. Not only does this machine fry, but it can also roast, bake, and cook a full range of meals from frozen veggies to mozzarella sticks.
The Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer features a unique dual dial control where a dual knob controls both time and temperature. The timer goes all the way up to 60 minutes, and it’ll shut off automatically once the cooking time is up.
This air fryer also offers a decent range of temperatures, allowing you to adjust it between 200°F and 400°F to cook an array of foods including meat, chicken, and fish.
When it comes to cleaning, the job can be done quite easily since the basket is nonstick and dishwasher safe. You can also use a soft sponge or cloth to clean the unit by hand.
The Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer Dual Control is ETL certified to guarantee safety and durability. It comes with a quick-start guide, a recipe book, and a 1-year warranty for a worry-free purchase.
- 3.6 quarts capacity
- 1200-watt motor
- Dual knob control
- 60-minute timer
- Very affordable
- Small footprint
- Very easy to clean
- Basic controls
- Limited capacity
5. Secura Electric Hot Air Fryer XL
- ALL-IN-ONE CONVENIENT AIR FRYER -- Use...
- FASTER, MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT, & LESS...
- HEALTHY & FLAVORFUL COOKING FOR YOUR...
- USER FRIENDLY, EASY TO READ, ADJUSTABLE...
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY FOR FREE -- Two years...
Last but definitely not least, the Secura Electric Hot Air Fryer XL is a great choice if you have a large family or you regularly cook for more than 4 people.
To fulfill such demands, you need an air fryer featuring a capacity big enough to serve everyone without having to run the machine for multiple cycles.
This is where the Secura XL Air Fryer comes in. Thanks to its extra-large capacity of 5.3 quarts (5 liters), you’ll feed the entire squad using as few cycles as possible.
The Secura XL Air Fryer runs via a powerful 1700-watt motor to generate the required heat for thorough cooking over such a large capacity.
Additionally, the 360° convection technology integrated into this unit allows the very hot air to circulate around the fryer basket at high speed, creating a cyclone pattern that ensures even cooking. This also helps cause less mess while being more energy-efficient.
This air fryer carries easy-to-read, user-friendly knob controls that you can swiftly adjust to select the right temperature and duration for your meal.
The cooking temperature ranges between 180°F and 400°F, while the timer goes up to 60 minutes maximum with 10-minute intervals. Once the time is up, the machine will shut off automatically and alert you that the food is done.
The Secura Air Fryer XL is an all-in-one convenience cooker. You can use it every day to fry, grill, roast, reheat, or bake your favorite food. With 6 preview cooking menus, this unit can work with everything from meat, steak, and chicken, all the way to cake and bread.
The Secura Air Fryer XL isn’t particularly pretty to look at, but it does have a smudge-resistant exterior to make cleaning easier. Additionally, the pan and metal basket are detachable and dishwasher safe to save you the hassle of manual washing.
As a bonus, the Secura Air Fryer XL comes with an extra grilling rack and skewers set for added versatility, as well as specialty air fryer recipes to get you started. This air fryer is available in silver, gold, grey, and white colors.
- 5.3 quarts capacity
- 1700-watt motor
- Knob controls
- 6 cooking programs
- Large capacity to serve the entire family
- Durable construction
- Smudge-resistant exterior
- Comes with extra grilling rack and skewers
- The basket doesn’t close all the way unless you push the sides
- The fan can be a bit loud
What is an Air Fryer and How does it Work?
An air fryer is a handy countertop kitchen appliance that cooks food in a special way to make it crispy.
An air fryer uses hot, dry air to do the cooking, where a mechanical high-powered fan circulates the hot air around the food in a basket at a high speed. The result is a crispy layer that’s a lot healthier since there’s little to no oil involved in the frying process.
That being said, you should understand that air fryers don’t actually fry food as their name suggests. Instead, they heat food at very high temperatures, similar to the operation of convection or fan-forced ovens.
Types of Air Fryers
Much like with an oven, when you’re cooking food in an air fryer, it needs to be shaken or rotated regularly to ensure even browning. There are 3 ways to make this happen depending on the design of your air fryer:
- Pull-out basket: if your air fryer comes with a pull-out basket or pot, then you’ll have to manually shake the contents every 5 minutes (give or take) to make sure your food ends up evenly cooked.
Some models are equipped with a timer or alert that reminds you to shake the food, but most air fryers don’t include this feature and so you’ll have to set your own timer or make an effort to remember this yourself.
An air fryer with a pull-out basket is best suited for foods that you’d normally shallow fry or grill such as chicken, fish, meatballs, baked veggie, and crumbled foods.
- Built-in stirrer: a self-stirring air fryer comes with a built-in paddle that stirs the found inside the basket during the whole cooking process. This feature saves you the hassle of manually shaking the food (if you actually remember to do it!).
However, some models do a better stirring job than others, so you may end up with an air fryer that produces unevenly crisped food. It’s also possible that the paddle breaks or bends your food.
Self-stirring air fryers are best suited to cook foods that you’d normally deep fry, shallow fry, or bake such as chips, baked veggies, and small cuts of meat.
Some models include an extra bowl without a paddle so you can roast meats or even bake a cake.
- Rotating basket: this type of air fryers is more sophisticated and versatile since it’s equipped with a basket that rotates automatically to stir the food throughout the cooking process.
Such models usually come with accessories that allow for extra functions such as grilling, roasting, and baking. You can even cook a whole chicken in some of these air fryers.
Do Air Fryers Require Oil?
As we mentioned above, air fryers mainly depend on the circulation of hot air to crisp the food. So does that mean oil is totally out of the equation? Well, not exactly.
You do need oil when cooking fresh food, up to 1 tablespoon of oil for every kilogram (around 2 pounds) of food to be more specific. The exact amount varies according to the model you’re using.
However, if you’re preparing pre-cooked frozen foods, you won’t need any oil.
Why Should You Buy an Air Fryer?
If you can’t decide whether or not an air fryer is a good addition to your kitchen, we’ve put together a list of benefits to help you make up your mind:
- You’ll get healthier meals – since you’re using way less oil than traditional frying methods, or even no oil at all, air fryers help you reduce fat and calorie intake without compromising on the delicious crispiness of fried treats.
- You’ll cook meals faster – thanks to the rapid heat technology on most air fryers out there, you no longer have to wait long for your food to be done.
This is particularly great news for professionals on a busy schedule and for families in need of a fast and easy solution for dinner time. Some models even come with a reheating function for a quick fix.
- You’ll have less mess to clean – the absence of much oil means there’ll be no greasy utensils or frying pans to worry about when it comes to cleaning.
You’ll no longer waste precious time scrubbing off stubborn grease, and your kitchen won’t smell like a takeout joint!
- You’ll be safer – the absence of oil out in the open also means there’ll be no popping or exploding of oil accidents to watch out for.
- You’ll save money – traditional frying methods use a lot of oil, which isn’t exactly cheap. By using an air fryer, you’re reducing your oil consumption and potentially saving money in the long run.
- Air fryers work well with frozen foods – if you’re always in a hurry, then you probably know how quickly anyone can prepare frozen food. However, frozen food typically requires deep frying, which makes it an unhealthy option regardless of being very convenient.
Using an air fryer to cook frozen foods provides you with the best of both worlds: a meal that’s both healthy and convenient.
How to Choose the Best Air Fryer Under $100
When shopping for the best air fryers under $100, there are some features you should first consider to make sure your money goes to purchasing the right appliance for your needs.
Capacity and Counter Space
The capacity of an air fryer indicates how much food it can cook per one cycle. The bigger the capacity of an air fryer, the larger its body dimensions, and the more space it takes up on your counter.
Air fryers have capacities ranging from 0.5 quarts up to quarts. Let’s break them down so you can pinpoint the best size for your requirements:
- 0.5 – 2 quarts: if you live by yourself or have a small kitchen, then this is the capacity you should look for.
Such models are also suitable for RVs and dorms where space efficiency and cooking convenience are essential. They might even work for small families, but you’ll need to cook in multiple batches.
- 2 – 4 quarts: this capacity is better suited for couples or small families. It can also be ideal for one-person households who plan on frequently using the air fryer. With a medium-sized capacity, these models won’t take up too much space on your counter.
- 4 – 6 quarts: this is the ideal capacity for families with 3 to 5 people, but you’ll need generous counter space to accommodate its big size.
Most air fryer models feature two dials that allow you to set and adjust the cooking time and temperature.
These controls are crucial to the cooking process since you get to select the proper duration and temperature for the type of food at hand. For this reason, it’s important that the dials are easy to figure out and clear to read.
Basic models will carry button or knob control panels, whole more advanced models will feature digital displays and touch screens.
You should also look for air fryers with a decent range of temperature control so you can have more freedom to cook a wide variety of foods to perfection.
Ease of Cleaning
One thing you don’t want to overlook is how easy you can clean the air fryer. Look for models with nonstick coating and removable components, preferably dishwasher-safe. Combined together, these features make for effortless cleaning.
Tips for Using an Air Fryer
If you’re looking to make the most out of your air fryer, then you should take a look at the following tips. These pointers will help you run a smoother operation and achieve better results.
- Always preheat your air fryer before loading the food, unless the unit already features a preheating setting.
You should let the air fryer run for a couple of minutes while free of food so when you do add the food, it’ll start cooking right away. This action can help prevent overcooking.
- Spray some oil onto the food. This helps certain foods, such as vegetables and shrimps, develop a satisfying crisp. You can skip this step for goods that already contain some fat, such as meat and chicken.
- Be mindful of how much food you put in the frying basket. If you overload the basket with ingredients, your food is very likely to turn out soggy.
Instead, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and leave a reasonable amount of free space to allow for efficient circulation of hot air. This will ensure even cooking for a satisfying crisp with every use.
Of course, you can always go for a bigger air fryer if you’re not happy with how much food your current unit produces per cycle.
- Remember to grease the air fryer basket before loading the food by spraying a little bit of oil on its surface.
When you coat the basket with oil, you’re helping prevent the food from sticking to its surface, especially if it’s not nonstick. Alternatively, you can spray the oil directly onto your food for maximum crispness.
Either way, make sure you do this even if the food doesn’t really need oil to make your cleaning job easier later on.
- Pay attention to the temperature and timer controls so you can make full use of your air fryer. You’ll find that not all foods require high heat to cook. Some ingredients will actually dry out and crisp faster than you think.
A common way you can try to properly adjust the temperature and the timer is by setting them about 20 degrees less than the oven setting for 20% less time.
Also, you should use the built-in timer as a guide to when you’re supposed to shake, stir, or flip the ingredients for even cooking.
- Try to avoid wet foods since air fryers work best with dry ingredients. So if you put wet batter, soggy vegetables, or anything similar in your air fryer, expect the worst outcome.
Choosing the best air fryers under $100 can be a real challenge. Not only do you have to keep an eye out for considerations such as capacity, controls, and ease of cleaning, but you also need to make sure that you stay within the budget you set for your purchase.
In our list, we made sure to include only the top-performing air fryers available on the market. This way, you’re guaranteed an air fryer that doesn’t break the bank while still delivering satisfying results, no matter what model you choose.
That being said, we highly recommend the GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer as today’s winner.
This awesome unit has a large 5.8-quart capacity, 8 built-in cooking programs, and an alarm function to remind you to shake the food. It’s simple to set up, easy to clean, and you can readjust the temperature or time at any point during the cooking cycle.
However, if you don’t have enough kitchen space to accommodate this unit or you typically cook for 2 or 3 people only, then you probably should check out the Ninja 4-in-1 AF101 Air Fryer. Besides being compact and a breeze to use, this unit also offers a wide range of temperature control from 105°F to 400°F.