Whether she’s a first-time mom or an experienced mom with 4 babies under her belt, having a new baby is an exciting (but stressful) time. Bringing the right gifts to a baby shower can help mama prepare for what’s to come! In this review and guide, we’ll be sharing 10 of the best baby shower gifts for moms!
1. Huggies Diapers For Newborns
Okay, this may seem like a no-brainer, but seriously… mama’s gonna need some diapers when her new baby comes. If you’re not sure what else to get, or you want to give a new mother strictly useful gifts, diapers are generally a much-appreciated sight.
Huggies are known for their exceptional baby products, and their diapers for newborns are no exception. These diapers can be used for newborns up to 10 pounds, and they’re hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested for a trusted product.
They’re made with ultra-soft, absorbent, and breathable material to shield newborns from irritation and uncomfortable wetness for up to 12 hours of leak-proof protection.
There’s also an indicator that lets new moms know when their baby’s diaper should be changed, along with an umbilical cord cutout to protect the baby’s belly button as it heals.
- Useful gift idea
- Newborn size for babies up to 10 pounds
- Leak protection for up to 12 hours
- Indicates when diaper should be changed
- Umbilical cord cutout
- Soft on delicate skin, breathable, and highly absorbant
- Pack of 128 diapers
- It may not be suitable for premature babies
2. Palmer’s New Moms Skin Recovery Set
- New Mom Gift Set: Pamper the new mom...
- Natural Factors: A luxurious combination...
- Finest Ingredients: We strive to use...
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products...
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil,...
Lots of things change during pregnancy, and mom’s skin is one of them. It stretches and pulls and oftentimes covers itself in stretch marks and chafing.
Great for use during and after pregnancy, this Palmer’s Cocoa Butter New Moms Skin Recovery Set will help to tighten, tone, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
This is an affordable and effective gift to give new moms who’ll need much-needed “me time” and comes in a set of 4 products including Tightening Body Lotion, Nursing Butter, Bust Cream, and Skin Therapy Oil.
- 4 products in a set
- Tone, repair, tighten, and brighten skin
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks on breasts, belly, and other areas of the body
- Affordable gift idea
- Trusted skincare brand by millions of moms and women
- Most products are for use after pregnancy
3. Shopping Cart Cover For Infants & Toddlers
With a new baby, even simple tasks like grocery shopping can become a stressful event. This Shopping Cart Cover for Infants and Toddlers is a great way to ensure that your baby is protected from the potential germs and sharp objects on your shopping cart.
It’s available in 7 colors and patterns, including pink, blue, and gray covers that feature arrows, animal print, deer, and more! At such an affordable price, you get a useful item made of quality materials and cute prints.
Speaking of materials — these shopping cart covers are constructed out of 100% breathable cotton to prevent overheating or irritation to a child’s delicate skin. These covers also double as high chair covers to make babies comfortable while they eat.
- Comes in 7 colors and patterns
- Machine washable and reversible
- 100% cotton material
- Can be used for high chairs and shopping carts
- For infants up to toddlers
4. Infantino 4-in-1 Baby Carrier
Made for infants and older babies from 8 to 32 pounds, this Infantino 4-in-1 Baby Carrier comes in a unisex light gray color. It’s surprisingly affordable considering its excellent quality and can be adjusted to fit the mother or father comfortably.
Mama can face her baby outwards (away from her chest) or inwards (towards her chest). Inwards-facing is a great position for infants still in their early development who need skin-on-skin contact with their mother. The outward-facing position is ideal for older babies.
This baby carrier has padded shoulder straps and a form-fitting, yet comfortable, waist belt to secure the baby against the parent’s body.
- Affordable gift idea
- Unisex color great for mom or dad/boy or girl
- For infants and babies from 8 to 32 pounds
- Outwards or inwards facing option
- Padded construction for a comfortable fit
- Hands-free operation
- Machine washable
- Some mothers complained about marks being left on their child’s legs. Take care to let mama know to check the fit to make sure the carrier isn’t too tight. Here’s a helpful baby carrier guide you can share with her.
5. Nosefrida Snotsucker
It goes without saying that babies don’t know how to blow their noses. Nonetheless, babies will get stopped up or have runny noses, and it’s up to Mom to resolve the problem. The Nosefrida Snotsucker makes clearing a baby’s nose a simple, clean, and quick task!
The Snotsucker comes with 24 disposable filters and removes mucus with a natural, safe-to-use, non-invasive snot straw. This straw works to suction against a baby’s nostrils to gently remove snot without actually going inside the baby’s nose.
This pediatrician-recommended product is BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- 24 disposable snot filters
- Natural snot straw
- Easy to use
- Could be considered expensive for the size of the product
6. Hatch Baby Sound Machine & Night Light
The next idea on our best baby shower gifts for moms list, the Hatch Baby Sound Machine & Night Light can be operated from your phone and acts as 3 functions in 1! It features a nightlight, soothing sounds, and a time-to-rise alert (useful for kids as they get older).
The two best features for infants are the soothing light and sounds, which can be customized to be brighter, dimmer, louder, or softer. Mama can set these features to turn on at her baby’s bedtime to create an automatic nighttime routine.
It features 11 color options, including a low cream white for infants, and sound options including white noise which has been proven to help babies sleep.
- 11 color options
- Grows with the child
- 3 functions in 1
- White noise sound option
- Can set a bedtime schedule
- Operational from a smartphone
- A bit on the expensive side, but a long-lasting, helpful gift
7. Infant-to-Toddler Toothbrush
Babies need their teeth brushed, too!
This adorable Infant-to-Toddler Giraffe Toothbrush is a super affordable gift on our best baby shower gifts for moms list that would be great for a basket. The bristles are ultra-soft to protect sensitive gums and sore new teeth. This toothbrush is designed for babies aged 0 to 3, dentist-recommended, and BPA-free.
It’s also very convenient for new moms, as this brush features 4 cutesy giraffe legs to stand the toothbrush upright. This prevents germs from getting on the bristles.
- Super cute giraffe theme
- Designed for kids aged 0
- Affordable and great for a gift basket
- Sturdy, wide legs hold the toothbrush upright
- Ultra-soft bristles
- It will need to be replaced every 3 months
8. The First Years Nail Clippers
Another great item for a gift basket, The First Years Nail Clippers are a must-have for new moms. Babies’ nails grow quickly (and sharp!) and will need to be routinely clipped to prevent any accidental self-harm or harm to mama.
These clippers for babies are constructed with a magnifying glass to give mama a clear view of her baby’s tiny fingers. They’re designed especially for little hands and can be folded for quick and easy storage in a baby bag. These nail clippers are made with stainless steel and sturdy plastic for a reliable, long-lasting product — completely BPA-free.
- Affordable, great for a gift basket
- Made with a magnifying glass to clearly see small nails
- Easily stored, carried, and folded
- Made with stainless steel and sturdy plastic for a lasting product
- Suitable for newborns and up
- Nothing here!
9. Baby On Board Car Sticker
We’ve all dealt with road rage, but road rage with a baby in the car can be a scary and infuriating experience. This Baby On Board Car Sticker is a super cute and useful gift idea for new moms to help them feel a bit more secure when they’re in the car with their new baby.
This is an affordable gift idea that is, again, great for a gift basket. It’s a vinyl car sticker that will last up to 6 years on a car window, even when exposed to the elements. This sticker is water-resistant, scratchproof, crack-resistant, and fade-resistant.
- Proudly made in the USA
- Affordable, perfect for a gift basket
- Gives new moms peace of mind and lets others on the road know to drive extra carefully
- Adorable sticker
- Water-resistant, scratchproof, crack and fade-resistant
- Lasts up to 6 years in the outdoor elements
- Easy to install and remove
- Nothing here!
10. Hiccapop Travel Booster Seat With Tray
The final product on our best baby shower gifts for moms list, the Hiccapop Travel Booster Seat With Tray comes in 3 color options: Midnight Blue, Slate Gray, or Tahitian Blue (bright green-blue). It’s a relatively affordable gift idea that’s useful for new moms and multi-functional.
All new moms know (or will find out) that taking a baby to dinner, Grandma’s, on vacation, or anywhere else can be a hassle without their own booster seat. This booster seat is so lightweight and portable, it can easily fit into the back of a car and be taken wherever the family goes.
The cover is machine washable, making it easy to clean after a messy mealtime, and features a dishwasher-safe tray to remove food residue and kill any germs left behind. It also includes a securing belt to keep the baby safe and in the seat until they’re removed by mama.
- Available in 3 colors: Midnight Blue, Slate Gray, Tahitian Blue
- Affordable gift idea
- Perfect for travel
- Machine washable and dishwasher safe
- Tip-free stability
- Nothing here!
Tips For Finding The Right Gift
- Ask mama what she needs. She can be showered with gifts but none will be worth as much as the one that she’ll *actually use*. Ask the soon-to-be mother what she could really use in her nursery to give her the best gift possible.
- Try to find gifts that match her theme. If the nursery has a jungle theme, princess theme, wilderness theme, or some other theme, try to find pacifiers, a baby blanket, or even diapers with the same theme (it makes a cute gift).
- Don’t buy unnecessary gifts. If you know the mama you’re celebrating has a billion stuffed animals or baby clothes, don’t add more to the pile!
- If all else fails, buy useful gifts. Mamas can never have enough diapers, lotions, rash creams, laundry detergent, baby wipes, or body butters (for herself, of course!)
- Check the registry and with other attendees. Baby showers will generally have a gift registry that you can check to see what mama needs and what’s already been bought. If there isn’t one, be sure to check with other guests to see what gifts they’re bringing so you don’t accidentally buy the same thing.
When it comes to the best baby shower gifts for moms, these 10 gift ideas are our favorite! When searching for the right gift for a new mama, we feel finding useful products will be your best bet. Clothes, shoes, and toys are all cute, but they don’t last. Diapers, body care, and sleep aids, on the other hand, are all must-haves and can be a lifesaver for a tired mama.
We hope our guide has helped you find the right gift for a new mom’s special day!