We, moms, love a good crossbody bag because they are less bulky than a diaper bag, big enough to fit what you need and can be easily slung over your shoulder so you can do what’s really important… like chasing a screaming toddler down the aisle of a grocery store.
No one wants to wear a less-than-stylish bag though. So what we’ve come up with is a list of crossbody bags that are as cute as they are functional and perfect for moms on the go.
But before we get to the list, here are some of the things we considered when choosing our favorite crossbody bags as well as a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing the right one for you.
- Things to consider when choosing a crossbody bag
- Best Crossbody Bags for Moms
- Frequently asked questions
- The Takeaway
Things to consider when choosing a crossbody bag
No matter what type of mom you are— a working mom, a traveling mom, mom of multiples— you need a bag that can keep up with you and your busy lifestyle. Plenty of space, but not too much. Durability, but style too. Affordable, but quality.
There are so many things to consider when choosing the right bag, but have no fear. We broke it down to help make it simple. Let’s check out the features that you’ll want to look out for when choosing the perfect crossbody bag for you.
The length of the strap on the crossbody bag is crucial. Moms are tall and short and for most, choosing a crossbody bag with an adjustable strap is going to be important here.
Check out the max strap length of each purse and/or if it is adjustable. Most ladies like to wear a crossbody bag right at the hip area so keep that in mind when looking for the length of the strap.
Now, no need to go crazy, but having a little organization in your bag will make your life easier. Many of the crossbody bags that made our list have some sort of organization panel and some even have an RFID blocking card panel so that you can easily access your credit cards but they stay safe in your purse.
And then there are pockets. Pockets are great, but too many can make things a bit confusing when trying to search for your belongings. Choose a bag that has the right number of pockets you need to keep you organized but not endlessly searching your bag for something.
You may love the look of leather, but leather does need a little extra TLC when it comes to cleaning. Polyester or synthetic materials are a little easier to clean and can come in a variety of colors. Ultimately, choose the material you’ll feel the best wearing. All the bags that made our list are relatively easy or very easy to keep clean.
You don’t need to spend over $100 for a great bag. Most of the bags on this list are well under that. However, the bags that do cross the $100 threshold are top-quality that’ll last season after season, justifying the slightly higher price tag.
Best Crossbody Bags for Moms
Mom’s on the go need a bag that can keep up with their hectic lifestyle (and hold everything they need too!) So let’s take a look at our favorite crossbody bags that will meet every mom’s needs and budgets.
1. Baggallini Everywhere Bagg
- Practical And Stylish: The Everywhere...
- Matches Any Wardrobe: Our travel...
- Rfid Blocking: A removable...
- Fits On Luggage Handle: The Everywhere...
- Lightweight And Water Resistant: Our...
This tough little bag is stylish and can hold a ton! It’s easy to clean too and comes in every color you can think of. Choose from red, black, blue or eggplant and even some funky design options too, like leopard.
The shoulder strap has a 29” drop but is adjustable. It’s made of a durable polyester fabric that wipes clean easily. The bag itself is lightweight and water resistant. The lining and organization pockets have RFID anti-theft security to keep your credit cards safe.
- Plenty of space and organization.
- RFID lining for security.
- Easy to clean.
- Long adjustable strap.
- Plenty of color choices to choose from.
- Some of the zipper pockets weren’t necessary like the one located on the bottom and the one on the side.
2. OGIO Brooklyn Tablet Purse
- Includes interior back wall zipper...
- Dimensions: 11.5" H x 12" W x 3" D....
- Includes interior back wall zipper...
- Fully padded zippered...
- Strap Drop: 21" / Length 42"
If you are looking for something a bit bigger that can even fit a tablet, check out the OGIO Brooklyn. We like the modern style, and while the strap isn’t adjustable, it sits comfortably at the hip for most women.
The bag has two large compartments with a hidden zippered pocket under the flap as well as an interior zipper pocket. The bottom of the purse is padded to help protect your tablet and other valuables. And the organization panel on the inside of the bag makes it easy to stay, well, organized!
- Plenty of organization.
- Padded zippered tablet pocket.
- Stylish modern design.
- Comes in plenty of color options.
- Nonadjustable strap. Might be too short for some.
3. Sherpani Rebel Crossbody Bag
- RICH COLORS: The American Ethos...
- UNIQUE MATERIAL: The material used in...
- DESIGN ACCENTS: The bags in the American...
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: The Rebel has an...
- DIMENSIONS & WARRANTY: Exterior...
Whether you wear it as a crossbody bag or choose to use the handle for a handbag, the Sherpani Rebel gives you two stylish options. Like all Sherpani products, the Sherpani Rebel crossbody bag is vegan, made of sustainable, ethically sourced and recycled materials.
This bag is part of Sherpani’s American Ethos collection which means the fabric of the bag has been hand painted and hand glazed to give it its unique style. The handle and crossbody strap are detachable so you can easily switch from crossbody bag to handbag and back again.
- Can be used as a crossbody bag or a handbag.
- The fabric is hand painted and hand glazed.
- Made of vegan, sustainable, ethically source and recycle materials.
- Water resistant fabric.
- The crossbody strap is a tad short.
4. The Sak Deena Flap Crossbody Bag
- 10.8in l x 3in w x 10in h; drop up to 24...
- Back slit pocket
- Flap zip pocket
- Lining features a back wall zip pocket...
This soft leather crossbody bag can hold more than you think. We love the black leather as well as the cream leather color option. The strap has a 24.5” drop but is adjustable making this a good choice no matter what height you are.
When unzipped, it has two main compartments with a zipper pocket and two open pockets inside as well. The small zipper pocket located on the back of the purse is big enough to fit a phone. Needless to say, this little bag has a lot of organization.
- Plenty of pockets for organization.
- Soft leather comes in two color options.
- Adjustable strap can convert this to a shoulder bag.
- On the small side. Won’t fit as much as some of the other purses on this list.
5. Travelon Anti-Theft Crossbody Bucket Bag
- Locking main compartment plus an...
- Slash-resistant body and adjustable,...
- Front slash pocket, zip rear pocket and...
- 2 mesh expansion pockets hold water...
This crossbody bag by Travelon comes in plenty of colors to suit every mom’s style and even has a special pocket just for a water bottle. We love the larger size and the locking front zipper pocket that keeps your valuables secure in the front pocket. And to top it off, the RFID blocking organization panel keeps credit cards extra secure.
The material is made of a durable slash-resistant material and is large enough to fit a tablet, although it’s not padded. As the company’s name suggest this bag is perfect for the traveling mama who needs to carry a little more than most traditional crossbody bags can hold.
- Large size.
- Bag and straps made of a slash-resistant material.
- Main compartment locks.
- Organization panel has RFID blocking slots.
- Side pocket can hold a water bottle or umbrella.
- Perfect for travel.
- The purse itself is a little heavy.
6. Michael Kors Jet Set Large Saffiano Leather Crossbody
- Zipper Closure, 2 Open Pockets
- 9.5"L X 6.5"H X 2"W
- 20-26" Adjustable Shoulder Strap
We know this is a little bit of a splurge, but this crossbody bag by Michael Kors is stylish and we absolutely adore all the colors and patterns it comes in! The bag itself measures 9.25” long and 6.25” high, making it a good size for moms with older kids who don’t need to carry much for their kiddos anymore.
The Saffiano leather is strong and wears nicely and the gold Michael Kors lettering with matching hardware is a nice touch. It has only one main compartment and a slip pocket. The bag itself isn’t a soft leather, but very structured and boxy which means it’ll take a little time to break in.
- Modern, sleek style.
- Comes in plenty of colors and designs.
- Made of high quality, durable leather.
- Gold-tone hardware accents are durable and stylish.
- Very stiff. Hard to pry open.
7. Kipling Noelle Bag
- KIPLING TOTE BAGS: Days can be busy,...
- KIPLING BAGS: From duffle bags to...
- MAKE YOUR KIPLING YOUR OWN: From the...
- KIPLING BACKPACKS & BAGS: At Kipling,...
- LIGHTWEIGHT, LASTING, FUNCTIONAL: At...
Alright, back to the practical purses for moms who need to hold some serious stuff. Ditch the diaper bag and check out this tote-style bag by Kipling. It can substitute a diaper bag no problem.
This large bag is great for moms with a lot to carry or for travel. The Noelle bag can convert to a handheld tote, shoulder bag or be worn as a crossbody bag. It has plenty of pockets, including two front zipper pockets as well as an interior zipper pocket and mesh pocket. And don’t forget the key leash!
- Large size.
- Durable nylon fabric.
- Perfect for use a diaper bag or for travel.
- Can convert to tote or shoulder bag too.
- Plenty of pockets.
- Only comes in two dark color choices, blue and black.
8. Scarleton Trendy Multipocket Crossbody Bag
- High quality synthetic washed vegan...
- Classic silver hardware.
- Interior cell phone pocket,...
- Adjustable shoulder strap drops 24".
- Size: 9.4"x0.2"x10.4"
The Scarleton multi-pocket crossbody bag has pockets galore and is made of a soft vegan leather that is strong and super trendy. The adjustable shoulder strap with 24” drop means it’ll sit at that perfect spot.
Inside are two open pockets and one zipper pocket as well as 2 zipper pockets on the front. The bag itself is pretty thin but it’s long and wide and can fit a good amount in it despite its slim size. The faux leather is easy to clean, but best of all, this purse is super affordable, perfect for moms on a tight budget.
- Very affordable price.
- Soft vegan leather is stylish and easy to clean.
- Plenty of pockets.
- Adjustable shoulder strap.
- Won’t hold bulkier items comfortably.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How do I clean my bag?
A: First, take a look at the crossbody bag’s instructions. Many are spot clean only, but you may be surprised that some can even be thrown in the wash. If you aren’t sure, here are some general cleaning rules to follow.
For bag made out of a synthetic or polyester material, spot clean only. Using a mild soap, water, and a soft cloth, gently scrub any dirty stains and then “rinse” with another clean soft cloth that has been dipped just in water.
If the bag is made out of leather, wipe it clean with a damp cloth or use a leather-specific cleaner for harder to clean stains.
Q: A pen exploded in my purse! What do I do?
A: First, if possible, pull the lining out as much as possible to expose the ink stain. Next dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and dab the stain, allowing it to saturate the area. Be careful not to get the alcohol on any other part of the fabric.
Then, take a damp cloth and blot the stained area. Allow the lining to fully dry before putting it back into the bag. You can repeat the process several times if necessary.
Q: What exactly is RFID Blocking anyway?
A: RFID stands for Radio-Frequency Identification. You can find RFID chips in credit cards and modern passports. Some people are worried that hackers can use a small device to read the RFID info on a credit card or passport and then use that information.
So RFID blocking material prevents that from happening. It can be found in purses, wallets and more.
Our favorite crossbody bag is the Baggallini Everywhere Bagg. Not only is it cute but durable, but it also keeps you organized and comes in every color you can think of. The price will fit most mom’s budgets and will hold up for many years to come.
You might also be interested in: VALENTINE’S DAY GIFTS FOR MOM