When it comes to the best easy taco soup recipe, I have exactly what you are looking for. Tacos are a massive staple in this house and sometimes my family loves to mix it up. We do tacos 100 different ways from hard shells, oven fried chips, homemade crunch wraps or easy creamy chicken tortilla soup, but here is always room for one more delicious recipe to fill our bellies. I actually published this Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe quite some time back but it deserved an upgrade and republish, so I wanted to spruce it up for 2017.
You can enjoy this in a slow cooker, taking the time out of the day to do other things than worry about dinner OR simply put in a pot and let simmer for a good 30 minutes before eating if you are rushed for time. Slow cookers help bring out some of the flavors and allow them time to work together, but some weeknights call for a non-chef mommy and a simple to make, simple to eat recipe and is the best easy taco soup recipe that fits that bill. It’s both versatile and yummy!
Before you get started, I discovered these slow cooker liners a few years back. They are insanely awesome and make clean up for ALL your slow cooker recipes a lot less painful. I used to struggle at the ring around the cooker from being left on all day and would get frustrated.
When you use these, it’s simply a bag that drops into your slow cooker and you dump your food into it. When done, grab and throw out and your slow cooker is still clean.
These are hard to find so get yours here….LIFE CHANGING if you slow cook a lot!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
This is a really flexible recipe that allows you to choose beef or chicken and the kinds of beans you want, making it a perfect family night meal that everyone in your house will enjoy! I have given some instructions below but again, it’s hard to mess this one up!
• 1-1/2 pounds ground beef OR shredded chicken
• 1 cup diced onion
• 2 red bell peppers, diced
• 1 (or 2) 11 oz taco seasoning packets(1 for mild, 2 for strong flavor)
• 2 – 8 ounces cans Red Gold tomato sauce
• 1 – 14.5 ounces can Red Gold diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 – 15.25 ounces can Del Monte corn, drained
• 1 – 14.5 ounces can chicken broth
• 2 – 16 ounces cans of beans (suggestions Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans – customize it to your favorite kind!)
• pinch of salt
• pinch of ground black pepper
Stove Top Method
Brown ground beef, with onions and peppers OR cook and shred chicken, add onions and peppers (optional)
Mix in taco seasoning until combined.
Increase heat to medium-high.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Slow Cooker Method Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Top with sour cream and avocado, serve with chips.
- • 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- • 1 cup diced onion
- • 2 red bell peppers, diced
- • 1 (or 2) 11 oz taco seasoning packets (1 for mild, 2 for strong flavor)
- • 2 - 8 ounces cans Red Gold tomato sauce
- • 1 - 14.5 ounces can Red Gold diced tomatoes, undrained
- • 1 - 15.25 ounces can Del Monte corn, drained
- • 1 - 14.5 ounces can chicken broth
- • 1 - 16 ounces can Bush's Dark Red Kidney Beans
- • 1 - 16 ounces can Bush's Light Red Kidney Beans
- • pinch of salt
- • pinch of ground black pepper
- Stove Top Method
- Brown ground beef, with onions and peppers OR cook and shred chicken, add onions and peppers (optional)
- Mix in taco seasoning until combined.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Method
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Want other great chicken ideas? Try one of our other favorite recipes!
Looking for another family favorite? This is the most talked about and easiest chicken recipe I have here on MomDot! 2 ingredients and DONE.