Having a mini fridge is great for a variety of reasons, but having a mini fridge with a freezer is even better! Mini fridges with freezers allow you to have additional storage in your home, dorm, or apartment for frozen and refrigerated food. In this article, we’ll be taking a look at 5 of the best mini fridges with freezer on the market to help you find the right one for your needs!
Let’s get started!
1. RCA 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge and Freezer
The first mini fridge with a freezer on our list, the RCA 2-Door Mini Fridge and Freezer has thousands of positive ratings. It’s available for purchase in three different colors including white, black, and stainless steel to best match your decor. It has two doors, one for the refrigerator, and one for the top freezer, and a total capacity of 3.2 cubic feet. The outer dimensions are 22 L x 20 W x 34 H inches.
The fridge compartment has a crisper drawer for fruits, vegetables, cheese, and meats; and two removable shelves for storage. The fridge door also has storage, including a dispensing vertical rack for soda cans, a tall bottle shelf for 2-liter bottles or other tall products, and a mini shelf above the tall bottle shelf for smaller products. Inside the fridge, there is an adjustable thermostat that regulates the temperature to best cool what foods inside the fridge.
The freezer compartment has ample room for multiple bags of frozen fruits, veggies, pre-made frozen bagged pasta meals, and so forth, or up to 6 or 7 frozen boxed dinners. The door also has a shelf for additional storage.
Both the fridge and freezer door can be set to open from the left or the right side and the exterior of the mini-fridge is made of stainless steel or a glossy black or white finish (depending on which color mini fridge you decide to buy).
What We Like:
- Comes in 3 colors; white, black, and stainless steel
- Compressor provides optimal performance to keep the fridge cool even in a hot environment
- Door can be opened from the left or the right
- Full-width freezer large enough to have up to 7 frozen boxed meals
- Extra storage in both of the doors
- Crisper drawer in the fridge, along with two removable shelves
2. Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator (Top Pick)
The Midea Mini Fridge is also available for purchase in three different colors; white, black, and stainless steel. It has a capacity of 3.1 cubic feet on the inside of the fridge and freezer combined, with outer dimensions of 18.50” W x 19.37” D x 32.95” H. The temperature dial located on the inside of the fridge can be set anywhere from 32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the refrigeration compartment and within the range of -11.2 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the freezer.
Unlike many mini-fridges on the market, the Midea has an internal light that turns on and off with the opening and shutting of the refrigerator door, so that late-night snacks are easier to see. There are 2 glass shelves provided in the fridge compartment and a crisper drawer for fruits and vegetables. In the door of the refrigerator, there is a vertical soda can rack, a shelf for tall drinks or 2-liter bottles, and a mini shelf above the shelf for tall drinks.
The freezer is full-length (meaning that it expands across the entire width and length of the mini-fridge), providing ample space and the freezer door has a shelf inside to store ice cream, boxes, frozen fruit, or anything of the like.
Both the freezer and refrigerator doors can be positioned either on the right or left-hand side so that you can place this mini-fridge wherever it’s convenient for you. The stabling legs are also adjustable so that you can fit this mini fridge underneath a bar, countertop, and perhaps even a desk. The Midea also runs exceptionally quiet, making it great for small homes, dorms, RV’s, or bedrooms.
What We Like:
- Temperature dial
- Comes in white, black, or stainless steel option
- Runs quietly
- Adjustable stabling legs
- Full-length freezer with extra storage in the door
- 3.1 cubic feet of space
- Storage in the door of the fridge
- Removable glass shelves
- Crisper drawer
- Adjustable dial thermostat
- Inner light
3. Euhomy Mini Fridge with Freezer, 3.2 Cu.Ft Compact Refrigerator with freezer
Like the previous mini-fridges with freezers on our list, the Euhomy is available for purchase in three different colors and comes in a two-door design to separate the fridge compartment and the freezer. You can buy this mini fridge in white, black, or silver. It has a total capacity of 3.2 cubic feet, with 2.24 of those feet going into the fridge, and 0.96 of cubic feet going into the freezer; with outer dimensions of 33.07 in. × 19.7 in. × 18.9 in.
The inside of the fridge compartment consists of 2 removable glass shelves, a crisper drawer at the bottom of the fridge, and a soft LED light for nighttime snack or drink runs. The inside of the fridge door has additional shelving for tall bottles or 2-liters, a mini shelf above the tall bottle shelf, and a vertical soda can rack. The fridge’s temperature can be adjusted to as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit or as high as 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
The freezer is a full-length freezer, providing ample room for multiple frozen items, and the freezer door contains a built-in shelf for extra storage. The temperature inside the freezer can be adjusted down to as low as -0.04 degrees Fahrenheit.
The exterior of this mini fridge (of every color) is sleek and easy to clean and looks sleek and modern. Both the freezer and fridge doors are reversible so that you can open the mini-fridge from the left or the right.
What We Like:
- 3.2 cubic feet total capacity
- Full-length freezer
- Two-door design
- Additional storage in the doors
- Temperature can be adjusted
- Light inside fridge
- Doors are reversible
4. BLACK+DECKER Compact Single Door Mini Fridge with Freezer
This glossy Black + Decker Mini Fridge is both aesthetically appealing and perfect for dorms, placement under a desk, or for small, compact rooms. It’s available for purchase in 3 different colors, including white, black, and gray. This mini fridge has a 2.5 cubic feet capacity, with most of that in the fridge compartment, and the outer dimensions are as follows: 18.5 x 17.52 x 26.61 inches.
This is a one-door design, with a freezer section above the fridge compartment. The fridge compartment has 2 full-width glass shelves, creating 3 separate rows for food or drink items. The inside of the door has additional storage including a shelf for tall drinks or 2-liters, a vertical soda can rack, and a full-length shelf at the very top of the inside of the fridge door. There is also a temperature dial so that you can adjust the thermostat to as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
The freezer, though much smaller than the previous mini fridge freezers, is full-width and has a capacity big enough to hold 5 12oz cans. So this mini fridge wouldn’t be a great option for someone who’s looking to freeze a good amount of food in their mini-fridge, however, it’d be fine for someone who only needs a freezer every now and again. It comes with an ice tray, as well.
The exterior of the Black + Decker features a flat back so that you can place it near a wall, and the door is reversible so that you can have it open from the left or the right, depending on your preferences.
What We Like:
- Available for purchase in 3 colors; black, white, gray
- Glossy finish
- Short enough to fit under a desk — great for small rooms or dorms
- 2.5 cubic feet capacity
- Full-width freezer
- Comes with ice tray
- Extra storage in the door
- Reversible door
- Flatback design
5. Danby 3.1 Cu.Ft. Mini Fridge (Budget Buy)
The budget-buy of our best mini fridges with freezers list, the Danby Mini Fridge has a capacity of 3.1 cubic feet, with most of that footage going in the fridge section of the mini-fridge, and 0.87 cubic feet going into the freezer. The outer dimensions are 18.87 x 19.68 x 33.43.
The refrigerator compartment contains a crisper drawer for fruits, veggies, and cheeses, and 2 full-width, removable, tempered-glass shelves for storage. The refrigerator door also has room for storage and includes a vertical soda can rack (with a capacity to hold up to 6 12oz cans), a tall bottle shelf for 2-liter bottles or other tall products, and a mini shelf for butter or other small items above the tall bottle shelf.
The freezer is a full-length freezer, meaning it stretches to the full length and width of the mini-fridge for optimal storage, and has enough room for multiple frozen dinners, bags of frozen fruits or veggies, ice cream, frozen pizzas, and so forth. The freezer door also has storage — a single shelf expanding the full width of the door for other items.
Inside the fridge compartment, there is a temperature dial that you can use to adjust the internal temperature of the fridge. The temperature dial also has a handy defrosting cycle that keeps your freezer from icing over. There is also an internal light so that you can see what you’re grabbing while stumbling around in the dark in the middle of the night for a drink.
The exterior of the Danby Mini fridge is made of spotless stainless steel, so you won’t have to worry about fingerprints or difficulty in keeping the outside clean. Both the freezer and fridge door are reversible, meaning that you can set it to open either from the right or the left side.
What We Like:
- The door can be made to open from the right or the left side
- Internal light
- Temperature dial with defrosting cycle
- Made of spotless stainless steel for no fingerprints
- Petite enough for dorms, small rooms, or under desks and counters
- Plenty of storage in the doors and inside the fridge
- Full-width freezer
- 3.1 cubic feet total capacity
Benefits of Having a Mini Fridge with a Freezer
There are many benefits to having a mini-fridge, especially one with a freezer! Benefits like…
- If you’re going off to college, you can separate you and your roommate’s food. No more wondering who snatched what from your stash of food. You can place your mini-fridge right next to your bed where it’ll be nice and safe.
- Your college student will finally be able to keep cold foods in their room. They may have shared a community kitchen… until now.
- You can have a mini-fridge for your man cave. Cold drinks and frozen, microwavable snacks are always a must-have when you’re watching the game.
- You can use it for your baby’s milk. Mini fridges are great little devices to have when you’re a new mom. You can keep baby’s milk separate from the rest of the family’s food, make extra bottles for the week, and keep the bottles at a consistent temperature (without other members of the family opening and closing the fridge throughout the day.
- You can take it with you on planned vacations. If you know you’re going someplace in the next few days, unplug your mini-fridge, let it defrost overnight, and take it with you for extra food space in the hotel (and a smaller food bill)!
After all is said and done, we’ve concluded that the best mini fridge with freezer on our list is the Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator. It comes in three different colors to best match your home, apartment, office, or dorm; runs quietly, has adjustable stabling legs to increase or decrease the height, has a full-width freezer with plenty of storage room, and includes a crisper drawer and optimal room for groceries in the fridge compartment.
If you’re looking for the most affordable option, we recommend you go back and take a look at the Danby 3.1 Cu.Ft. Mini Fridge. It doesn’t have the variety of some of the other mini fridges with freezer on our list, however, it has ample room for food, a full-width freezer, and does its job pretty well.
That said, all of the best mini fridges with freezers on our list serve their purpose, so no matter which you choose, we know you’ll be satisfied with your purchase!