If you’ve been cutting your pizza with a plain ole knife, it’s time to stop and get yourself a reliable pizza cutter. Most pizza cutters are affordable, easy to use and don’t take up much space, unlike other kitchenware.
But don’t just pick up any pizza cutter for your next pizza night! We’ve sought out the 10 best pizza cutters that are easy to use, easy to clean and will hold up to pizza after pizza, and in many cases, are useful for much more than just slicing pizza.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
- Types of Pizza Cutters
- Cleaning and Caring for Your Pizza Cutter
- More Than Just Pizza
- The Top 10 Picks
- 1. OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Cutter
- 2. Checkered Chef Rocker Blade Pizza Cutter
- 3. Kitchy Pizza Cutter
- 4. OXO Good Grips 4-inch Cutter
- 5. Zyliss Pizza Cutter
- 6. Dreamfarm Scizza Pizza Scissors
- 7. BruArcher 1 X Premier Pizza Cutter
- 8. Kitchen Aid Pizza Wheel
- 9. Winware 4-inch Pizza Cutter
- 10. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bottom Line
Types of Pizza Cutters
There are two main types of pizza cutters: a wheel cutter and a rocker blade, also known as a mezzaluna. Wheel pizza cutters are the most popular and are safest and easiest to use. For most home cooks, this is a great option.
A rocker blade or mezzaluna (which means half moon in Italian) is great for not only cutting pizza but chopping herbs and vegetables. A mezzaluna cutter rocks back and forth in order to cut pizza or other food.
Check out this video to find out how to use a mezzaluna:
Another not as common type of pizza cutter is pizza scissors. These are usually more expensive but are very easy to use. Some pizza scissors have a hard time cutting through crunchy or extra crispy crust efficiently.
Cleaning and Caring for Your Pizza Cutter
But what if that happens? It may seem impossible to clean, but with a little work, you can get those crusty yucky gone.
First, soak your pizza cutter in a container of soapy water for about 30 minutes, but no longer than an hour in order to prevent your cutter from rusting. Next, remove your cutter from the container and roll it on an angle against a soft cloth or sponge to remove any food that is stuck on the blade.
Last, use dental floss to get to any hard to reach spots. Rinse your pizza cutter and allow to dry.
More Than Just Pizza
No one likes having a kitchen tool that’s meant for only one thing. Luckily, pizza cutters are great for a variety of foods! Here are some other uses for a pizza cutter:
- Cutting food into small bites for babies and toddlers. Quickly slice up that waffle or pancake with ease.
- Cut up dough for biscuits, cookies and more.
- Zip through a grilled cheese or flatbread. Also great for removing crust off sandwiches.
- Quickly slice quesadillas into half or quarters.
- Slice tortillas into strips or quarters to make chips.
- Cut fondant into shapes or trim fondant around a cake.
- Chop up herbs and lettuce quickly for salads and other dishes.
- Dice up meats for salads and soup.
The Top 10 Picks
With all the pizza cutters out there which one do you choose? We’ve come up with a list of reliable, affordable pizza cutters for Friday Pizza Nights or for everyday use for sandwiches, quesadillas, pancakes and more.
Before choosing a pizza cutter from this list, be sure to ask yourself how often you intend to use it and if you plan to use it for more than just pizza. Many of the cutters on this list are multitaskers and can hold up to heavy use while others are perfect for family pizza nights and pizza parties.
1. OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Cutter
- Hand-held design provides leverage and...
- 4" stainless steel wheel easily cuts...
- Handle comes apart and blade removes for...
- Blade guard protects blade and hands for...
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip grip and...
The OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Cutter is as easy to use as it is to clean! This pizza cutter has a 4” blade that cuts through a variety of foods. As a bonus, it comes with a guard for safe handling and storage.
As the name suggests, the OXO Good Grips is super easy to clean. The handle comes apart and the blade can be removed so that everything can be cleaned easily. It is also dishwasher safe.
The handle has a comfy non-slip grip that makes for easy slicing. For the price and quality, it’s a steal.
- Easy to grip handle makes it easier to slice.
- Comes with a blade guard for safety.
- Affordable price.
- Durable, sharp 4” blade.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Feels a little strange to slice at first. Some may prefer a more traditional pizza cutter with a long handle.
2. Checkered Chef Rocker Blade Pizza Cutter
- You’ve never cut up a pizza this...
- Safer and easier to store than any...
- Never lose your pizza topping again -...
- No where for germs to hide. Constructed...
- Not just a pizza cutter! Chop, slice,...
This is the first mezzaluna/rocker blade cutter on the list and is good enough for professionals as it is a home chef. It is a durable pizza cutter that was designed for and will hold up to frequent and even daily use!
No nooks or crannies to clean here. This pizza cutter is made from one piece of stainless steel. The downside is the handle is stainless steel so it may not be quite as comfortable as those cutters that have a plastic handle.
This sharp pizza cutter is very easy to clean and can be thrown in the dishwasher. It also comes with a protective cover for safe handling and storing.
- One piece of stainless steel construction makes it easy to clean.
- Comes with a cover.
- The blade is sharp and made to withstand frequent use.
- Affordable price for a long lasting cutter.
- The handle might not be very comfortable since it is stainless steel.
3. Kitchy Pizza Cutter
- SLICE ANY PIZZA LIKE A PRO – This...
- SUPER SHARP AND FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR...
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE...
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND...
- LIFETIME 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE -...
The Kitchy pizza cutter is another simple easy to use and easy to clean cutter that breaks down for cleaning all those crevices where pizza or other food may get stuck.
The handle has a long wide gray grip to prevent slipping. It also comes with a protective cover too. Like the OXO, it breaks down and can be put in the dishwasher.
This bright fun looking pizza cutter comes in three colors: red, blue and green.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Fun color choices.
- Sharp blade slices through both thin and thick pizzas.
- Can be broken down for easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic handle is comfortable and won’t slip.
- May not hold up to frequent or daily use.
4. OXO Good Grips 4-inch Cutter
- Sharp stainless steel blade accommodates...
- Safe, die cast zinc thumb guard
- Large, comfortable, non-slip grip
- Dishwasher safe. BPA Free
- Recommended by America's Test Kitchen
The OXO Good Grips 4” cutter is a classic pizza cutter with a long handle for easy slicing. The blade is sharp enough to slice through a crunchy thin brick oven pizza or a thick Chicago style pizza.
The wide handle is comfortable and has a non-slip textured pattern on both sides as well as a thumb guard. The handle is still slip-proof even when wet!
Like the other OXO pizza cutter, this one is affordable, dishwasher safe and will hold up to daily use.
- The durable wide handle is ergonomic, non-slip and comfortable.
- The blade is super sharp and can handle thin and thick pizza.
- Affordable price.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Be sure to clean this cutter soon after use to prevent food from being stuck in the narrow space between the handle and blade.
5. Zyliss Pizza Cutter
- ZYLISS Sharp Edge Pizza Slicer and Crust...
- Ultra sharp stainless steel blade easily...
- Easily cuts even deep pan pizzas,...
- Snap on blade cover for safe storage in...
- Removable pizza wheel for easy cleaning
This particular cutter has a special feature not seen on any of the other wheel cutters. It has a special crust cutter blade to make it easier to cut thicker crust pizzas.
The wheel can be removed to clean any stuck on pizza cheese or other food, but be careful. The blade can be a little tricky to get off.
The angled handle makes it easy to grip and cut pizza. And like many of the pizza cutters on this list, it is dishwasher safe.
- Crust cutter feature works well on thicker crust pizzas and quiches.
- The blade can be removed for cleaning.
- 5 Year Warranty
- Comes with a snap on blade cover for safe storing.
- Removing blade might be a little difficult. Do so with care!
6. Dreamfarm Scizza Pizza Scissors
- SCIZZA PIZZA CUTTER | What happens when...
- AT YOUR SERVICE | No matter the pizza's...
- CUTTING EDGE | The Scizza is designed...
- SLIDE, SLICE, SERVE | Pizza wheels...
- WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE | At Dreamfarm, we...
The one and only pair of pizza scissors on the list and for good reason! The Dreamfarm Scizza cuts through pizza smooth and efficiently. The only downside is the high price tag.
These pizza scissors or “scizza” works exactly like regular scissors! It has a nonstick nylon base to prevent scratching any surface or pan the pizza is on.
The nylon base is also heat resistant up to 400 degrees which means you can start cutting a hot pizza no problem.
This pair of scissors works well on thin and thick pizza but the extra crusty crust might be a little harder to cut through.
- Very easy to use.
- Nylon base prevents surface or pan from being scratched.
- Can cut through very hot pizza! Heat resistant up to 400 degrees.
- Works well on thin and thick pizzas.
- Most expensive pizza cutter on the list.
- Doesn’t work as well on crispy crust pizza.
7. BruArcher 1 X Premier Pizza Cutter
This classic rocker blade pizza cutter has a sharp 14” stainless steel blade with 2 handles that are easy to grip while slicing.
This cutter is used by professionals and home cooks alike and is durable for frequent use. All it takes is one rock to easily slice through pizza, vegetables, and other food.
While the BruArcher pizza cutter is dishwasher safe, we strongly suggest that you hand wash it to prevent rust spots.
- The blade is durable and stays sharp even with frequent use.
- Used by both professionals and home cooks.
- Easy to clean blade.
- Handles are easy to grip onto.
- The handle is plastic and may crack with time. For a longer life, hand wash it instead of putting it in the dishwasher.
8. Kitchen Aid Pizza Wheel
- SLICE PIZZA LIKE A PRO: Pizza...
- SUPER SHARP BLADE: The wheel is crafted...
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The angled wheel...
- DISHWASHER SAFE: No more worries about...
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY INCLUDED:...
This sleek design wheel cutter has a sharp blade that works great on other foods like quesadillas, pastry and more.
The handle is comfortable and has a finger guard to protect your digits while slicing hot pizza. Better yet, it’s dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
The blade has a tendency to loosen over time and may not withstand frequent or everyday use.
- Dishwasher safe
- 1-Year Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty
- Ergonomic handle with finger guard
- The blade is very sharp!
- Blade loosens up with use.
9. Winware 4-inch Pizza Cutter
- Dimensions: 4-inch diameter blade
- Can be used to cut pizza, lasagna,...
- Stainless steel blade with durable...
- Professional quality
- Dishwasher safe
This Winware wheel pizza cutter is an affordable option with a good size blade and comfortable nonslip ergonomic handle for slicing with ease.
This pizza cutter is dishwasher safe but may still need a little extra scrubbing if you allow food to remain on it and don’t wash it quick enough. Rust can form if you let it soak for too long.
The low price and quality blade make this cutter perfect if you want to keep a pizza cutter on hand.
- Very affordable pizza cutter.
- Ergonomic handle is comfortable and non-slip.
- Large wheel blade cuts through plenty of pizza with ease.
- Dishwasher safe!
- Don’t allow it to sit in water. It will form rust.
10. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter
This large 9” long pizza cutter is made completely of a durable stainless steel that won’t tarnish or rust. This super affordable pizza cutter is a good weight and doesn’t feel too flimsy nor too heavy to use.
The Utopia Kitchen cutter held up to a lot of slicing! While it’s easy to hand wash it, be sure to dry it with a cloth to prevent spots.
The blade is sharp and does not come with a cover, so be sure to store this in a safe place (and out of the reach of little one’s hands.)
- Durable stainless steel design holds up to frequent use.
- Super affordable.
- Great for more than just pizza. (Vegetables, pancakes, meat, dough and more!)
- The long handle is easy to hold.
- Large wheel size makes slicing easier.
- It will spot if you let air dry. Be sure to dry with a cloth after washing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which type of pizza cutter should I get?
A: The easiest to use pizza cutter is the wheel pizza cutter. Look for something with a comfortable handle and a durable blade. Many of the wheel pizza cutters on the list will hold up to frequent use but not all of them.
If you are looking to use the pizza cutter for more than just pizza, a rocker or mezzaluna pizza cutter might be the way to go. It will chop herbs and veggies easily and can withstand daily use. However, rocker cutters are a little trickier to use and are bulkier when it comes to storing.
Q: My pizza cutter has rust on it. How do I get it off?
A: Prevention is best. To prevent rust from forming on your pizza cutter, make sure it does not soak in water for more than an hour. If you choose to put it in the dishwasher, remove it promptly and dry it with a soft cloth.
However, in the event you do get rust on your pizza cutter, place the knife in a glass of white vinegar (make sure the vinegar covers the blade completely) and leave it for five minutes. Next, remove the knife from the vinegar and scrub the rust away with a sponge.
Our top pick by far is the OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Cutter. For a great price, you get an easy to use and easy to clean pizza cutter that doesn’t take up too much space in your drawer and will last for many pizzas nights.
If you are looking for more a multitasking tool or something that will hold up to frequent use, the Checkered Chef Rocker Pizza Cutter is very durable and sharp cutter that’s good enough for the pros and will be perfect for you. It’s still one of the best pizza cutters out there.
You might also be interested in: THE BEST CUSTOM CHEF KNIVES