We know swimsuit shopping can be hard if not downright painful for women. But if you are ready to make a splash and have nothing to wear, moms listen up: we found the perfect swimsuits for you! Our list of swimwear includes a little something for everyone, every body and every budget.
But, not all swimsuits work for everyone’s body type. It’s good to know your body shape to help you figure out which one of our top 10 choices works for you.
- All about body types
- A little about Tummy Control
- Best Swimsuits for Mom
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bottom Line
All about body types
Before we dive into the list, let’s talk body types. Some swimsuits are more flattering on a pear-shaped body than an hourglass. Some look great on multiple body shapes. Let’s take a look at each one and what works best for it.
When it comes to pear-shaped bodies, the widest part of the body is the hips. Choosing a bikini or tankini can be a great choice as it allows you to find the correct fit for your bottom and top. However, illusion is also your friend here. One piece swimsuits that feature a print up top and a solid print on the bottom accentuate the chest to balance the upper and lower of your body.
Also known as an hourglass, curvy women have larger hips and busts with a more defined waist. Curvy women should seek bathing suits that have supportive tops. Opting for a two-piece allows you to customize the support you need up top with the size you need on the bottom.
Athletic bodies are lean and usually, do not have much in the way of curves. For that reason, many women with athletic body types tend to want to accentuate the curves they have. One way of doing this is choosing bathing suits such a one piece with a criss-cross design such or choosing a two-piece with a supportive top to create some cleavage.
Women with an apple-shaped body are widest around the chest area. Bathing suits with belts or a solid design going across the waist of the body create the illusion of a smaller waist.
A little about Tummy Control
If you have had a child or two or more, and are looking for a way to take some of the attention off of your belly, choosing a bathing suit with tummy control is a great option. But it’s not your only option.
Another way of masking the little post-baby pooch is to choose a bathing suit with some sort of ruching or shirring. Bathing suits with deep necklines are also a great choice as they draw the eye up.
Best Swimsuits for Mom
Now that we covered body types, let’s get to the list, shall we? Many of the swimsuits on this list work great for more than one body type, but we’ve made sure to note which body type shines in which suit.
1. CUPSHE High Waisted Bikini
- Fabric: 80% chinlon, 20% spandex
- About Cup Style: With padding bra
- Design: Lace up and tie at back design
- The pattern is one of a kind - The exact...
- Body Size: the size of a human...
Super affordable, super cute, the CUPSHE high waisted bikini is a winner. This bathing suit works for hourglass, pear, and athletic body types. The high waist design is flattering on everyone.
The bikini top provides good coverage and support and also is cute too with its floral pattern. The high waisted bottoms are available in solid black or striped and compliment the two corresponding floral tops.
The lace-up back allows you to customize the fit of the top. And did we mention that price is crazy low for such a nice swimsuit? Well, it is. You might love it so much you’ll buy both designs.
- High waist bottoms work on most body types.
- Lace-up back for better control of fit.
- Floral and solid/striped design options are trendy.
- Super affordable price.
- Bottoms tend to ride up in the back.
2. Miraclesuit Illusionist Crossover
- Miraclesuit Swimwear Size Guide
- Embrace your beautiful curves while you...
- One-piece swimsuit boasts a crisscrossed...
- Fixed shoulder straps.
- Plunging V-neckline. Scoop back. Shelf...
This swimsuit is a “miracle” suit as it works for most body types. The crossover design gives the illusion of a smaller waist while providing the support women with larger chests need.
Available in two flattering colors, plum and black, the Illusionist features a criss-cross fabric configuration plus mesh sides to complete the illusion of an hourglass figure. The back provides full coverage and has a center seam.
The straps are not adjustable but the shelf bra provides support and additional padding as well. The Miraclesuit Illusionist is a bit pricey but definitely worth the investment. It has a classic design that is sure to flatter any body for summers to come.
- Criss-cross design, shiring and mesh panel create perfect hourglass shape.
- Works for a variety of body types.
- Full coverage in the rear.
- Enough support for larger chests.
- Straps cannot be adjusted.
3. Tempt Me Off the Shoulder Flounce
- Tempt Me holds US Trademark...
- Ruched double ruffled flounce crop top,...
- Classic coverage: Falbala top swimwear...
- Smooth fabric bikini swimsuit sets are...
- There are various colors for you to...
The number of colors and designs to choose from might just blow your mind. But no matter which color-design combo you choose, the flattering flounce bikini top and high cut bottoms are guaranteed to make you look good, no matter what body type you have.
This Tempt Me two piece works especially great on pear-shaped and curvy moms, but do note it runs a little small. Perfect for post-baby bods and moms between sizes, this bathing suit will make you look like you are straight from vacation in the Caribbean (even if you are just lounging at the local pool.)
- Tons of design/color choices.
- Very flattering bottom and fun top.
- Great for curvy and pear-shaped bodies.
- Great for post-baby bodies and moms in between sizes.
- Runs small.
4. Esther Williams Classic Sheath
- Made with tummy control power net
- Soft foam cups
- Contains a ¾″ elastic band under the...
- Fully lined in the front with lycra...
- Made in the USA!
Let your inner pinup girl loose! This stylish pin-up girl style swimsuit comes in plenty of your favorite colors and has a tummy control power net for some tummy smoothing.
Again, this one runs pretty small so considering going up a size when ordering. The full coverage bottoms ensure no riding up and the classic tie at the neck design lets you control the fit. No matter what body type you have this one is sure to flatter.
- Retro pinup design is flattering on all body types.
- Comes in a variety of solid colors.
- Built-in tummy control power net.
- Runs pretty small. Might need to go up a size.
5. MarinaVida V Neck
- Deep plunge V neck design and Halter...
- Half fold chest is more inclusive...
- Lightweight, stretchy, sleek, and...
- Perfect choice for...
- Garment Care: Hand Wash and Hang Dry....
For mom’s looking to accentuate the waist a little more, this one’s for you. The MarinaVida is a sultry bathing suit with a deep v neck and a horizontal shirred band that lengthens and cinches just where you need it.
This won’t provide much in the way of support, so might not be the best choice for larger chested mamas, but it is great for athletic, apple and pear-shaped ladies. This swimsuit also provides a little tummy control too.
- Available in different colors and designs.
- Creates the illusion of a smaller waist.
- Affordable price.
- Trendy style that’s flattering on athletic, apple and pear-shaped bodies.
- Chest padding takes a little adjusting so nothing is exposed on the side.
6. Angerella Vintage High Waisted
- Material: imported 82% polyamid+ 18%...
- 50s PinUp Bikini Top: this two piece...
- High Waisted Bikini Bottoms: can b...
- Design:Polka Dot Halter Vintage High...
- Package Includes:Two piece high waisted...
The Angerella Vintage is another trendy old school throwback that is flattering and particularly supportive for larger busts. The high waisted bottoms provide the coverage you need and the slimming effect you want, while the top is comfy and adjustable.
The sizes run very, very small and you will need to refer to their sizing chart in order to choose the right size. But between the price, style, comfort, support and how stinking flattering this bathing suit is on mamas, it’s a tough one to beat.
- Adjustable top is supportive and comfy.
- The high waisted bottom is flattering.
- Great for a variety of body types.
- Affordable price.
- Multiple design options.
- Unusually small sizing. Check chart before choosing a size.
7. Zando High Neck
- DESIGN: Tummy control swimwear, plus...
- FEATURE: This tummy control...
- MATERIAL & SIZE: This plus size swimsuit...
- OCCASION: This elegant women plus size...
- ABOUT ZANDO: Zando is an American...
This gives waist to the waist-less and tummy control for those who are looking for it. The shiring of the fabric is slimming and the high neck design with the deep mesh cutout provides a nice silhouette on all body types, especially athletic and apple-shaped moms.
We love the burgundy and the black options and the mesh details on the front and back are very stylish. This bathing suit proves that moms don’t need to look frumpy all while getting tummy control, support, and comfort too.
- High neck design and mesh cutout lengthen while belt cinches waist.
- Affordable design.
- Great for moms with apple-shaped or athletic bodies.
- Stylish color options.
- No adjustable straps or ties.
8. Coastal Blue Asymmetrical Tankini
- Flowy tankini top with square neckline,...
- Control tankini styles are designed with...
- Model has a 33" bust, 25" waist and 36"...
- Take your measurements and consult our...
- These control bottoms provide complete...
- Control bottoms smooth the tummy and...
- Model has a 33" bust, 25" waist and 36"...
- Take your measurements and consult our...
- Measure your waist at the narrowest...
The Coastal Blue tankini is super comfy and effortlessly stylish. The flowy tankini top has an asymmetrical hem with a small side knot. Paired with Coastal Blue’s black control swimwear bottoms, you’ll have one stylish bathing suit for pool, beach, and vacation.
The bottoms have full coverage and are made of Coastal Blue’s special control fabric to smooth out your tummy, hips, and butt. The Coastal Blue asymmetrical top comes in fun prints like Stained Glass and Rippled Effect, as well as a classic solid black and a vibrant ocean blue.
- Flowy, lightweight fabric is comfy.
- Stylish design and color choices.
- Bottoms have great smoothing capabilities and tummy control.
- The built-in bra might not work for women with larger chests.
9. Firpearl One Piece
- Material:82% nylon 18% Spandex
- One piece semi-backless (U Shape...
- wireless,with unremoveable soft pad bra
- One piece ruched tummy control...
- Hand wash, dry very fast,UPF50+
Simple, classic with ruching in all the right places, this classy bathing suit by Firpearl is cute and affordable. While we love it in classic black or burgundy the most, it comes in plenty of colors and designs to fit your taste.
This bathing suit is semi-backless with ruching plus tummy control support in the front. The built-in bra is supportive with its thick straps, and it also has removable padding. This slimming bathing by Firpearl gives every mom the silhouette they want.
- Classic, simple design in plenty of colors and designs.
- Flattering ruching and tummy control.
- Works on a variety of body types.
- Very affordable.
- Thick straps are supportive and comfortable.
- Color may fade over time.
10. COCOSHIP Retro One Piece
- Fast Ship(FBA):Fulfilled by Amazon with...
- Hand Wash Cold/Flat Dry
- Removed cups ; Garden Floral Monochrome...
- Pattern:Sexy Vintage Inspired Backless...
- Package Includes: 1 x Swimsuit
For mamas who don’t want to wear a two-piece, this will give you the same vibe as a two-piece, but with the tummy control of a one piece. We love this high waisted retro style bathing suit and that it’s available in tons of pattern option.
The high waisted design is flattering on most body types, and even with its backless design it still offers a modest amount of coverage in the front. While this bathing suit works well on many body types, the top might not work for moms who plan on doing a lot of activities such as beach volleyball or some serious swimming.
- Stylish retro design is available in plenty of different patterns.
- Very affordable.
- High waist design is flattering.
- Not supportive or modest enough for a lot of physical activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I put my bathing suit in the washer?
A: We strongly suggest you don’t. Take the time and hand wash your bathing suit with a mild detergent after each use, whether you are in the water or not. Washing machines can stretch and damage the fabric swimsuits are made of.
Also, when it comes to drying, keep your bathing suit away from the sun. This may fade the colors and patterns on the swimsuit.
Q: I hate bathing suit shopping. Is there any way to make it any easier?
A: We hear you. Bathing suit shopping can be a real bummer, but here are a few tips to make bathing suit shopping a little easier:
- Don’t go bathing suit shopping when you are feeling bloated or it’s that time of the month. Nothing will make you feel worse than putting on a bathing suit.
- Stay positive and stay open. Keep things upbeat. If you dread going shopping, guess what? It’s probably going to be bad. Keep your mind open. Try new styles or designs you would’ve never thought you’d try before.
- Don’t be in a rush. Carve out a good enough amount of time to do this.
- If you’re in between sizes, choose a bathing suit that allows you to customize the size a little via adjustable straps or ties.
- Highlight your best parts. If you like your chest more, make sure to choose something that shows it off! If your back is your favorite body part, consider something with a lower back.
- Bring a friend. Have a hype man or woman there ready to help boost your confidence and perhaps give some sound advice when trying on bathing suits.
When it comes to swimsuits that work for most body tops our top two picks, the Miraclesuit Illusionist and the CUPSHE High Waisted Bikini are tough to beat. Both are flattering and supportive and while the Miraclesuit is a higher price, it is a quality bathing suit for those who want a one piece. The CUPSHE is much more affordable but not everyone loves a two-piece, but if you do, grab yourself two, one in each design. You’ll love it that much.
You might be interested in: 20+ SENTIMENTAL HOMEMADE GIFTS MOM WILL LOVE