There is no doubt after four Dysons, I am clearly biased to the cleaning power of this amazing machine that makes it nearly fun to vacuum. But I am prejudice with reason..Dysons are hands down one of the best, if not the best, vacuum ever made. Of course that is just my opinion, but as the master of all things clean in my home, I can tell you that it works and works and works.
Most people dont ask themselves IF the Dyson is going to do a good job for you, its what type of Dyson would fit best in your family. Between the ball, the animal, the stick vac, handvac, or the brand new canister showcased here, Dyson doesn’t leave you with a lack of choices.
When it comes down to it, some people are upright people and some prefer a canister. Uprights have a tradition of being the powerhouses of clean and with Dysons ball technology, many people prefer the ease and usage of the norm.
But now you have a new choice !
Dyson DC 39
I wanted to introduce to you the brand new DC39, Dysons first canister vacuum with Ball Technology! The DC39 is the result of THREE YEARS of hard work by over 70 Dyson engineers.
“We thrive on engineering challenges, and our first Dyson Ball™ canister posed quite a few. Cramming over 100 components into the ball itself. Compressing the airways, concealing the motor and ducting and devising a new steering mechanism. We’ve miniaturized the technology to deliver our most maneuverable canister vacuum yet.”
My first impressions:
- As always the Dyson is a beautiful piece of household goods. It can sit and “look” pretty just about anywhere.
- The ball makes it easy to move around my home- and it should considering it went through 50,000 repitions of pulling around corners during testing
- The vacuum conveniently sits on the stairs or light enough to hold to get the up and down of the house cleaning
- This DC39 makes cleaning out the car a cinch
- The automatic cord helps with no loose ends on the ground or messed up cord to content with
- Ease of use between flooring types with a button at your fingertips to stop the rollers
- Quick button release for emptying canister
- The unit is fairly large to store because of the hose
- I had an rolling issue with the large floor brush when vacuuming against the grain on my area rug
No more awkward moves: the first Dyson Ball™ canister
Engineered to follow faithfully, DC39 is Dyson’s first canister vacuum with Ball™ technology for stable maneuvering around the tightest corners.
Canister cleaners are often awkward to steer and can topple. They lurch into furniture, veer off at tangents and may be difficult to pull. Like an errant shopping cart, their crude casters drift across hard floors and get buried in carpets – more force is needed to keep them on track. And reliant on bags – they can lose suction, too.
Sitting on a ball, DC39 has a lower center of gravity and is easier to pull without snagging on corners or the carpet pile. Coupled with a unique central steering system, it uses an articulating chassis and central pivot point for negotiating tight turns and circumnavigating sofas. And equipped with Dyson’s Radial Root Cyclone™ technology, it captures more microscopic dust than any other.
My video review…SEE the features in action at my house!
DC39 Video Review
Interested in purchasing one?
The DC39 will go on sale for approximately $450 sometime later this month (I’ll update when I find someone selling it online!) and will also have a special “animal” version.
What is your favorite vacuum?
dyson provided vacuum to facilitate review