We all know how it is to be a kid in summer-time. Everyone looks forward to it- heck even I do because we have a lot of great things planned with Phoenyx being older.
That is until the kids go back to school and you realize they forgot pretty much everything they learned the past year. I swear I have to reteach multiplication tables since Charlotte was in 2nd grade as a result of too much down time in the summer.
But now there is a new way to prevent all that Brain Drain in an exciting and fun way! I am so pleased to introduce you to Brain Chase, a summer Scavenger Hunt Learning Challenge!
Brain Chase: the Learning Loss Buster
Learning about Brain Chase:
Brain Chase is a 5-week online summer learning challenge disguised as a massive global treasure hunt for 2nd−8th graders. Each summer, a golden mechanical treasure will be buried somewhere on earth – and it will contain the key to a safety deposit box holding a $10,000 college scholarship fund.
I know that you are probably thinking about the different strategies you will use to get your kids to actually use this software but it isn’t like that. Imagine being fully immersed in a fantastic world that just happens to teach reading and math. Our kids are so used to technology online and this plays right along side their skills! We have come a long way since the Oregon Trail, huh?
And what makes Brain Chase special is that there is a prize at the end – a real one! Brain Chase at its core is a global treasure hunt that incorporates a massive prize. Can you imagine winning a key to a safe deposit box with a $10,000 scholarship inside?
I’m not sure it could be any more exciting!
Tell me more about the Brain Chase Curriculum
Absolutely! Brain Chase offers a well rounded curriculum including:
- 5 weeks of structured challenges (Reading & Math)
- Weekly writing exercises with teacher feedback
- Weekly progress reports emailed directly to parents
- Exclusive access to an original animated series
- 3 Adventure tools shipped directly to your student to help with challenges
- Ticket to participate in the global scavenger hunt.
- If your child finds the right location first, they get to go dig it up!
How the clues work
- Pictures—each webisode has hidden globes, maps, or other symbols relevant to the location of the golden treasure.Encoded words or numbers—there’s a reason Mae Merriweather is mailing each participant a real decoder ring—you’re going to need it! Be careful when you spot hidden letters or numbers in an episode—you may need to run them through your decoder to understand them.
- Background items, locations, and plot twists—just pay attention, because everything is fair game.
- Things people say–you won’t just want to watch, you’ll want to listen carefully.
- Bonus challenges—pay close attention to both the challenges and the answers, as some of them will hold valuable clues. Many of the challenges will teach you skills that you’ll need in the larger treasure hunt.
No more dull lessons from a text book, no more “mom I don’t want to read”, no more bringing in a tutor!
They excite and encourage kids to use their brains, think analytically, and help them prepare for adulthood.
Why you should think about Summer Learning Loss
Check out our tutorial on how Brain Chase works.
What is the first thing that pops into your mind when you think of your children’s future?
“I want better for them than I had.”
I feel the same way. I was a strong reader but a C student. I had a hard time grasping a lot of text book items and I cannot imagine how something like this would have driven me to succeed on a more academic level. As the parent now my first priority and responsibility is to make sure my kids get the education they deserve and that shouldn’t stop from May-August. I am sure you feel the same way!
Exclusive Coupon: Save 15%
I would love for you to give Brain Chase a try this summer along side me. You are sure to find a rewarding adventure that will keep them busy, learning without knowing it, and on a wild chase that may end in a real reward! And we here at MomDot has partnered with The Motherhood and Brain Chase to offer a discount code to help you out.
To save 15% use code: MOMDOT15
So grab your kids and sit down…. here is a starter to the amazing Adventure that awaits this year!
Where is the mysterious Sunstone of Cortés? Back for another adventure starting June 22nd, 2015, Mae Merriweather, her brother Max, Sean Drake and former nemesis Savannah Bryce are set on finding the Sunstone of Cortés, a golden treasure stolen from the Aztecs by the Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortés in the 1500s. Want to join them on their quest? Register before April 15 to save $50!