Mermaid Rice Krispie Treats Recipe: Make your own chocolate covered mermaid rice krispie treats perfect for a gorgeous under the sea mermaid party or really just to put a surprisingly easy treat on the platter.
Scroll below to get the recipe and what we used to create these adorable mermaid pops.
In our house the rice krispie treat reigns supreme. My husband loves ALL things rice krispies. I have known him for like 25 years and even from a 15 year old boy he could not turn one away. He doesn’t care if they are homemade or in a box, he will eat them.
And he isn’t the only one! Rice Krispie treats are not only easy to make but are a staple in most households and using the traditional rice krispie recipe is a great way to get started for this.
Once you have your recipe there is SO MUCH you can do it with it.
From fun additives like M&Ms, changing the colors for the holidays or creating fun new krispie shapes, there is so much you can do with these sweet little squares.
STOP. READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET STARTED ON YOUR MERMAID POPS
Before you get started, you will need these mini seashell molds. They really make the entire dessert pull together.
This is the set I ordered and it has a mermaid tail and a set of shells, which work perfectly for your themed desserts. You use them with melting chocolates. Here is all you need to decorate (plus additional melting chocolate colors)
Mermaid Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Planning for a Mermaid or Under the Sea party?
No matter whether its a birthday party, a wedding or a baby shower, these mermaid rice krispie treats are sure to make a SPLASH at your event.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
OR if you want to take the easy way out, just buy these and unwrap.
Once you have your krispies, now the fun part!
- 12 Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup blue candy melts
- 1/2 cup teal candy melts
- 1/2 cup purple candy melts
- 4 Tablespoons shortening or coconut oil
- Pearl sprinkles
- If you want to add the homemade candy shells, you will need to start them at least 2-3 hours before making the rice krispies - each color will take about 2-3 hours to set.
- Insert cake pop skewers into each rice krispie treat.
- Melt the candy melts one at a time - microwave for 35 seconds, stir, and reheat as needed.
- Stir in the coconut oil and dip the rice krispie treats halfway into the melts, using a spoon to help cover as needed.
- Sprinkle on the pearl candies and press on any candy shells, if using.
- Let set for at least 1 hour before serving.