Looking for how to make Tie Dye Fruity Cupcakes? Look no further! Fun for birthday parties and holidays, you can “tie dye” your cakes in any color making them perfect for whatever you happen to be celebrating!
I always preempt my baking posts by telling you that I am the worst baker ever. This way, if something happens to suck, you won’t come after me for it. That being said I don’t really need a disclaimer tonight because this Tie Dye Fruity Cupcakes recipe:
- did not suck
- cannot be screwed up
- are easy and very kid friendly
I originally saw this fun recipe in the Cooking Light magazine as an advertisement for Jello, but have since also seen it on the side of the white cake box (without the brand name Jello)..so I am unsure who owns this recipe. Either way, it’s not me, but here are the results and how you too can have a tasty flavor filled yummylicious cupcake 30 minutes from now. One thing that really helps as well is to have the right baking items.
What you need to Tie Dye your Cupcakes
Make sure you pick these up to make your cupcakes turn out perfect~ These cupcake silicon liners will make sure your cupcakes don’t stick, leaving any goodness behind and the color swirl kit will make mixing your frosting colors easy!
Tie Dye Fruity Cupcakes
Recipe Ingredients – you can swap for any flavor to customize:
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 1/4 cup JELLO Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 can vanilla frosting (that you dye the color you want)
- Prepare cake batter as on package; eggs, oil, all that jazz.
- Split into three bowls evenly.
- Stir different gelatin in each bowl (please note, we ended up using the entire package of the orange because the color wasn’t bright enough for me) and then put a 2tbsp of batter colors in a paper lined muffin cup, alternating colors/flavors as you go.
- bake as directed on cake box. Frost when cool.
Depending on how you make the colors, will depend on the look you get. You can create something as elaborate as a rainbow or something like these Camo cupcakes!
I may have snuck one before dinner tonight…honestly, they are so good they really don’t even need the frosting.