Why buy a rotisserie chicken when you can make your own right at home? Rotisserie chicken is a healthy dinner for the family, but store-bought pre-made chicken may contain nasty chemicals, dyes, or flavors that you would rather avoid. When you make rotisserie chicken at home, you know exactly what’s in it! But finding the right rotisserie oven for you may seem like a difficult task… which is why we’re bringing you a review of the 7 best rotisserie ovens to help you come to a decision!
1. COSORI 12-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo with Rotisserie
- 12-in-1 Presets: Pizza, Roast, Airfry,...
- Air Fryer: Enjoy air fried meals with up...
- Large Capacity: Easily fit 6 slices of...
- Thoughtful Design: Enjoy easy cooking...
- Recipes & Accessories: Check out the...
With thousands of raving reviews, the COSORI is a highly-rated and relatively affordable rotisserie oven option. It’s extremely versatile and has 12 presets, including rotisserie. Along with the toaster oven, 6 accessories are included to make cooking simple and cleanup effortless. These accessories include a Fried Basket, Food Tray, Rotisserie Fork Set, Rotisserie Handle, Wire Rack, and Crumb Tray.
It has a large capacity and can easily fit a whole chicken inside the 30-liter oven. Cooking rotisserie is made simple with the LED Display, internal light, and dial controls. The interior is also non-stick, making clean up a breeze from the juices and spices that may fall from your chicken. The rear-mounted convection fan allows for even cooking and you can expect this handy little rotisserie oven to cook your chicken faster than a conventional oven thanks to its 5 heating modes.
What We Like:
- Comes with 6 accessories, including a Rotisserie Fork and Rotisserie Handle
- 12 presets so that you can make other dishes along with your rotisserie chicken
- Has a large capacity to fit a whole chicken with ease
- Interior is non-stick
- Convection fan allows for even cooking
- Cooks faster than a conventional oven
- LED display
- Internal light to easily view the progress your chicken is making
- Modern dial controls
What We Don’t:
- When cooking chicken and meats, grease often leaks if it is splattered onto the door
2. Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7 in 1 with Rotisserie
- Air fryers give you all the flavor of...
- Air fryer with 7 built-in smart...
- One-step EvenCrisp TechnologyTM allows...
- Get deep-fried flavor with little to no...
- The Instant Vortex Plus air fryer oven...
From the makers of the Instant Pot, the Instant Vortex Plus Rotisserie Oven is a popular option with thousands of positive reviews. It comes with 6 rotisserie accessories including a Rotisserie Lift, Rotisserie Spit, Rotisserie Basket, 2 Rotisserie Forks, a Drip Tray, and 2 perforated pans. The best part? They’re all dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. Plus, this rotisserie oven produces little grease and the interior can be wiped clean in minutes.
The Instant Vortex has 7 built-in smart programs so that you can cook both your rotisserie chicken and your side dishes using the same oven. The fan creates very hot air that circulates evenly to cook quickly and lock in moisture for a perfect rotisserie chicken every time. Preheating time for this rotisserie oven is practically no time, allowing you to get right to cooking without having to wait on the oven to heat up first.
The display is modern, digital, bright, and touch-screen, offering 14 controls and programs. This rotisserie oven also has overheat protection to reduce the risk of burning your chicken and displays the word OFF when not in use so that you don’t have to wonder if you accidentally left it on. This is a large 10-quart oven and will effortlessly hold a large whole chicken.
What We Like:
- Comes with 6 rotisserie accessories for a complete rotisserie oven experience
- Very popular among consumers and highly rated
- From a reputable brand
- Overheat protection so you won’t have to worry about ending up with a burnt chicken
- Modern, sleek, digital display with 14 easy-touch controls and programs
- Displays OFF when not in use
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe accessories
What We Don’t:
- Louder than some other options on the market — louder than a microwave
- Some users have complained of a plastic chemical smell during first use
3. Best Choice Products 10-in-1 Countertop Rotisserie Oven
- 16.9QT EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY: Enough...
- ALL-IN-ONE, 10 PRESETS: Pre-set cooking...
- SAFE, VERSATILE COOKING: ETL-listed for...
- POWERFUL, FAST, HEALTHY: 1800W motor...
- 9 RECIPES INCLUDED: Delicious sample...
Available in 4 different colors including black, red, white, and light blue, the Best Choice Products Rotisserie Oven is a versatile, stylish, and efficient option. It offers extra-large capacity with its 16.9-quart interior (enough space to fit a whole chicken or even a turkey) and features a pull-down door with a large window so that you can easily view the progress your chicken is making without letting any heat out.
This rotisserie oven has 10 all-in-one cooking modes and a sleek digital display with techy touch buttons. It also comes with 12 accessories including wire racks, a skewer rack set, and a rotating basket, along with all of the necessary accessories for rotisserie cooking. Possibly the most important thing about this rotisserie oven is that it’s ETL-listed for safety, and uses FDA-grade materials that prevent chemical smells or aftertastes in your food (yuck and dangerous!).
Temperatures of this rotisserie oven vary from 90 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and it has an automatic shut-off function to prevent the oven from overheating and also your chicken from being burnt! The 1800 watt motor allows this oven to heat evenly, and cooks food in the healthiest way possible by cutting nearly 90% of fat content!
What We Like:
- Comes in 4 colors to match your kitchen decor best
- Offers extra-large capacity at 16.9 quarts
- The large window in the door
- Operable in 10 different modes
- Modern digital LED display and buttons
- Comes with 12 accessories, including those for cooking rotisserie chicken
- Made with FDA-approved materials for no chemical smells or aftertastes
- Cooks food in the healthiest way possible — reduces large percentages of fat
- Powerful motor heats food evenly
What We Don’t:
- Some users reported that it was a little too small for all of their cooking tasks, however it’s a perfect size for whole chickens
4. Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer with Rotisserie Spit (Budget Buy)
- EMERIL'S 9-1- AIRFRYER :Replace your...
- BETTER THAN ORDINARY CONVECTION OVENS :...
- EXTRA VERSATILE :LCD Digital Display...
- STAINLESS-STEEL CONSTRUCTION : A sleek,...
- TRUSTED EMERIL LAGASSE Quality : Every...
A budget-buy and a rotisserie oven made by a renowned chef, the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer with Rotisserie Spit is an excellent buy for the budget-conscious. It has 5 heating elements inside the oven, which is 2 more than most convection or rotisserie ovens have! This allows for better, more complete cooking, saving you time, and preventing “hot spots” and burns on your chicken. It also has 12 pre-set cooking functions, including a rotisserie, so that you can cook practically whatever sides you want with your chicken using the same appliance!
You can expect this rotisserie oven to cook a whole chicken up to 40% (or 30 minutes) faster than a conventional oven, thanks to the 360-degree Quick Cook Technology. It has a sleek digital display and easily functional dials that allow you to select from the dozen cooking functions. And, if you’re worried about your extra-large chicken fitting inside of the oven, you can cook assured knowing that the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer with Rotisserie Spit can cook an entire turkey, no problem!
The modern, stainless steel construction prevents any possible chemical leaks from plastic components and would look great in any kitchen!
What We Like:
- Made by a chef
- Easier on the wallet than our other picks
- Thousands of positive ratings
- Contains 5 internal heating elements
- 12 pre-set cooking functions
- Stainless steel construction
- Can easily hold a large, whole chicken
- 360-degree cooking technology
- Extra-large capacity of 930 cubic inches
What We Don’t:
- Some users have complained that this wouldn’t be a great choice for air frying foods. However, it seems to work well for rotisserie chicken, which is why it’s on our list!
5. DASH DAFT Chef Series 7 in 1 Rotisserie Oven
- 7 in 1 APPLIANCE: Air Fry, Bake, Broil,...
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: DASH Air Fryer...
- LARGE CAPACITY: 23L (0.8 ft3) capacity...
- EASY TO USE: Six heating elements and...
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year...
A 7-in-1 rotisserie oven, the Dash Daft Chef Series comes in two colors, Graphite and Stainless Steel, and can warm up to 450 degrees for a variety of cooking. This rotisserie oven helps to reduce added fat by 70 to 80%, making your chicken (and the other foods you cook in this oven!) as healthy as possible. It has a large capacity of 23 liters and can easily fit a whole chicken. However, for larger whole chickens, you may want to break the bones and bound the chicken as tightly as you can to avoid it getting caught on the top of the oven and not rotating a complete 360 degrees.
There’s a light inside of the oven that lets you view the progress your chicken is making, along with dual thermostats to provide accurate cooking. All of the removable parts of this machine, including rotisserie accessories, are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze! The Dash Daft comes with an Air Fry Basket, Baking Pan, Oven Rack, Drip Tray, and of course, a Rotisserie Skewer; along with a recipe book!
This product is also backed by a 1-year warranty so that if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, you’re covered. And to put the cherry on top, Dash is a U.S.-based company with U.S.-based support.
What We Like:
- 7-in-1 rotisserie oven
- Comes in two colors to match your kitchen best
- 23-liter large capacity to easily fit a whole chicken
- Comes with a recipe book and all necessary accessories
- 1-year warranty
- Removes 70-80 percent of unhealthy fat
What We Don’t:
- It’s a little loud, but this rotisserie oven works great so it balances out!
- A larger chicken may be too big to rotate completely. Be sure to break the bones and tie the chicken as tightly together as possible
6. Hamilton Beach Countertop Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven (Our Top Pick)
- Extra-Large Capacity; Fit Two 12 Inches...
- Revolving Rotisserie; Self Basting...
- Convection; Bakes Faster and More Evenly...
- Bake & Broil Settings With 2 Hour Auto...
- Easy to Use Contoured Knobs; Not Only Is...
Created by one of the biggest names in the kitchen accessories game, the Hamilton Beach Countertop Rotisserie Convection Oven is fairly affordable and features an extra-large capacity! It fits a 5-pound chicken and features a self-basting rotating rotisserie to lock in the chicken’s juices while simultaneously browning and crisping the skin. This convection oven cooks whole chickens faster than a traditional oven and more evenly, considering some traditional ovens have “hot spots” that may burn one area of the chicken and undercook another area.
The Hamilton Beach Rotisserie Convection Oven comes with a removable drip tray, a rotisserie skewer and lifter, 2 racks, 2 baking pans, and a broiler rack. It has three dials to adjust the temperature, set the function (rotisserie, bake, convection), and timer in minutes, so it’s incredibly simple to use and doesn’t have any complicated functions like some other rotisserie ovens.
What We Like:
- A product of Hamilton Beach Appliances
- Extra-large capacity
- Fits a 5-pound chicken
- Self-basting rotating rotisserie locks in juices and crisps outside of the chicken
- Cooks faster and more evenly than a traditional oven
- Comes with all rotisserie accessories, along with 6 other accessories
- Easily fits on the counter
What We Don’t:
- Doesn’t have an internal light, which can get pretty annoying!
7. Ronco 4000 Series Rotisserie
- Horizontal, self-basting rotation locks...
- Cook 2 chickens at a time, or up to a 15...
- Includes the standard Multipurpose...
- Drip Tray and Heat Shield are dishwasher...
- Energy efficient – cooks with 1/3 less...
To start off, the Roco Rotisserie oven is insanely expensive. However, it’s not a convection oven like the rest of the options on our list, meaning that this rotisserie oven is manufactured only to make delicious rotisserie chickens. It comes in two color options, black, and stainless steel (with black being more expensive than the steel).
Aside from the obviously high price, this is an excellent rotisserie oven. The horizontal, rotating, self-basting rotisserie locks in moisture and flavor while evenly crisping the outside of the chicken. This rotisserie oven features extra-large space to rotisserie two whole chickens at once, or up to a 15-pound turkey! It includes a multipurpose basket that allows you to rotisserie not only a whole chicken but also things like chicken wings, sausage, pork chops, or other meats and vegetables.
The drip tray and glass heat shield are both dishwasher safe to make cleanup easy and the dials are easy to use, making operation uncomplicated. This rotisserie oven also cooks faster and uses 1/3 of the energy of a conventional oven, saving you time and money!
What We Like:
- Made only for rotisserie
- Dishwasher safe, removable drip tray and heat shield
- Uses 1/3 of the energy of a conventional oven
- Can rotisserie 2 whole chickens at once and has enough space to fit a 15-pound turkey
- Horizontal rotisserie locks in flavor and moisture
- Comes in two color options
- Comes with a multipurpose rotisserie basket
What We Don’t:
- Crazy expensive
Guide to Rotisserie Chicken
Preparing a chicken for a rotisserie oven is similar to preparing a whole chicken for the oven.
Cleaning the Chicken
To begin, you’ll need to clean out the cavity of the chicken (if not already done). Usually, a whole chicken will have a giblet package inside of the chicken that will need to be removed. Once removed, check to see if all of the internal organs are cleaned out of the cavity thoroughly. If not, remove them with your hand. Then, pat away the excess moisture from the chicken with a paper towel.
Seasoning the Chicken
There are hundreds of chicken seasoning ingredients. Applying seasoning to the skin and lemons, oranges, or other herbs inside the cavity are the most popular ways to season the chicken.
The following is a delicious garlic and herb recipe for rotisserie chicken:
- One 5-pound whole chicken
- 6 softened tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish
You can find the directions at DinneratheZoo.com.
Carving Rotisserie Chicken
Once your rotisserie chicken is done, the final thing to do before eating is carving. Carving a rotisserie chicken isn’t as difficult as some may assume. Before you begin carving your rotisserie chicken, allow the chicken to sit for a few minutes in its own juices. This will help the flavors to settle and make the chicken easier to cut.
When the chicken is ready to cut, remove any strings that were used to hold the chicken together. Then, firstly cut into the thigh, nearest to the body of the chicken, removing the thighs and legs. Then divide the legs from the thighs. Remove the wings at the joints, also.
To cut the breast meat, move your knife horizontally across the length of the chicken. Be sure that you are cutting down to the bone. Once you’ve removed the breast meat, cut the meat into desired lengths and thicknesses.
Best Rotisserie Oven Brands
Now that we’ve reviewed the best rotisserie ovens on the market, let’s take a closer look at their brands!
Cosori is a company that manufactures modern kitchen appliances and their mission is to bring you and your family the most helpful, up-to-date kitchenware available on the market today! They produce and sell a variety of appliances including kitchen accessories, dehydrators, blenders, air fryers, tea and coffee products, and toaster ovens!
Beginning in 2010 with the famous Instant Pot, Instant Pot Appliances has grown rapidly into being one of the most popular companies for kitchen appliances! Today, they offer a variety of Instant Pots and appliances to make your time spent in the kitchen less and the effort to a minimal!
A huge industry that dedicates itself to bringing its customers a variety of appliances, decor, and various home aesthetics, Best Choice Products values itself in creating the best home products at the most affordable prices possible.
Created by a renowned chef, Emeril Lagasse, Emerils is a company that focuses on high-end appliances for the home kitchen as well as some of Emeril’s most popular recipes. On his website, you can find kitchen electronics, cutlery, bakeware, and coffee appliances.
Dash is centered around helping you and your family to cook better, eat better, and feel better. Their goal is to bring the cleanest, healthiest cooking options to the home kitchen.
A popular name in the cooking game, Hamilton Beach specializes in a large variety of cookware, both electronic and classic. It’s a leading distributor and sells over 34 million appliances each year!
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
Q: How can I make the skin crispier?
A: After your rotisserie chicken is done cooking, and you’re not happy with the crispiness of the skin, there is an easy way to quickly crispen the skin further. After you’ve carved the chicken, heat up a skillet with oil until hot. Then, place the chicken skin-down until browned and crispy.
Q: How do I keep the chicken from drying out?
You’ll want to be sure that you let the chicken set in its own juices for at least 10 minutes before you carve and serve the chicken. This will allow the juiced to settle into the meat and prevent it from drying out immediately.
Q: What’s the best way to reheat a rotisserie chicken?
Reheating a rotisserie chicken, and doing so in a way that will keep it tender and juicy, will take a little bit of time. The time and temperature at which you reheat the chicken in the oven also depend on if the chicken is still whole or has been cut up.
Here is how to reheat a whole rotisserie chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add some broth to the bottom of a dish
- Place chicken in dish and wrap tightly in aluminum foil
- Roast the chicken for around 25 minutes until warm
How to reheat carved rotisserie chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour in some broth until it’s about 1/4 inch deep in the dish
- Add the chicken to the dish
- Heat the rotisserie until the broth is bubbling and the chicken is thoroughly warmed
*When reheating rotisserie chicken in the oven, remember to set the meat in a deep dish so that it holds in the liquid and doesn’t spill over.
After all is said and done, we feel that the Hamilton Beach Countertop Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven an overall great choice. It’s the third most affordable rotisserie oven on our list, is easy to operate, can fit a whole 5-pound chicken, and cooks faster and more evenly than a traditional oven. It can also fit nicely on a countertop and comes with all of the necessary accessories for rotisserie cooking, as well as other cooking accessories. The only downside is that it doesn’t have an internal light, which makes keeping an eye on the chicken’s progress a little tedious.
If you’re looking for the cheapest option available, we recommend you take a look at the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer with Rotisserie Spit. It was crafted by a renowned chef, looks sleek, and performs well! However, if you’re looking for a full-on rotisserie oven, and you’re willing to put down hundreds of dollars, then we recommend that you go with the Ronco 4000 Series Rotisserie.