Kids have delicate skin, and delicate skin requires gentle care — especially when you’re once cuddly baby starts to smell. Finding the best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin may seem like an impossible task with all of the options available.
That’s why we’ve put together a helpful guide with 10 products that are kind to skin while protecting against sweat and odor!
1. Keep It Kind Fresh Kids Natural Deodorant (Girls)
The first best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin on our list, the Keep It Kind Fresh Kids Natural Deodorant is made with pre-teen and teen girls in mind.
Unlike many brands on the market, this kids’ deodorant is made without harmful chemicals such as aluminum and parabens. It’s also formulated with sensitive skin in mind, so it’s made without using alcohol.
This deodorant shields against sweat and shirt staining while continually protecting your child from odor for up to 24 hours. It’s a roll-on deodorant with a light, feminine smell made using an all-natural formula.
- Made without aluminum, alcohol, or parabens
- 24-hour odor protection
- Made with a child’s sensitive skin in mind
- Light, feminine, natural scent
- Formulated for pre-teen and teen girls
- Protects against staining
- Small product for the price
2. Keep It Kind Fresh Kids Natural Deodorant (Boys)
Another great product from Keep It Kind is the Fresh Kids Natural Deodorant for boys.
Like the deodorant for girls, this product is made using all-natural ingredients to protect your child from nasty synthetic chemicals. It’s also formulated without alcohol to protect sensitive skin from irritation or dryness.
This best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin is made with a masculine scent to protect pre-teen and teen boys from odor for up to 24 hours.
It’s a roll-on deodorant for easy application, and this formulation is creamy and moisturizing to protect and nourish the skin without leaving behind unsightly shirt stains.
The only downside to this product is the size. It’s a pretty small tube for the price but should last your child some time nonetheless.
- 24-hour odor protection
- Made specifically for boys — a masculine scent
- Formulated with all-natural ingredients
- Doesn’t contain harmful chemicals or ingredients such as aluminum, parabens, or alcohol
- Moisturizes underarms
- Roll-on and easy to apply
- Protects against staining
- Small tube for the price
3. FoodGradeOrganic’s 100% Natural Kids Deodorant
This 100% natural kids’ deodorant is made using food-grade ingredients so safe you could technically eat it (though we don’t recommend that you try it)!
It’s formulated for pre-teens and teens and has a neutral scent that both boys and girls would feel comfortable wearing.
It’s a bit on the expensive side, but for the quality of ingredients you get (and the lack of harmful, chemical ingredients) this product is worth the buy. This deodorant is certified carcinogen-free, making it ideal for children and sensitive parties.
This deodorant protects against both odor and wetness without leaving noticeable stains behind on clothing.
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Food-grade ingredients
- Unisex option with light, natural scent
- Won’t stain clothing
- Non-greasy and non-irritating
- Dermatologist tested
- Vegan, not tested on animals
- A bit on the expensive side, but worth it for the quality of ingredients
4. Fresh Monster Gummy Burst Kids Deodorant
The next best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin on our list, the Fresh Monster Gummy Burst Kids’ Deodorant is made without aluminum, phthalates, or parabens for a safe, effective product.
This is yet another all-natural deodorant option that can be used by both girls and boys in their pre-teen and teen years. It has a light, vibrant, and refreshing “gummy bear” scent that’s perfect for pre-teens and comes in an easy-to-apply formula.
The main downside to this all-natural deodorant is the baking soda content. While baking soda is a natural deodorant and generally safe for use, it can be irritating to overly sensitive skin, especially when applied in excess.
Be sure that your child isn’t applying too much of this product, and that they wash their underarms before reapplying to avoid irritation.
- Refreshing scent for both boys and girls
- All-natural formula
- Easy to apply
- No harmful chemicals or additives
- Natural shea butter and coconut oil moisturizes and protects underarms
- Dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic
- Baking soda may cause irritation if applied in excess
- A bit on the costly side for the product size
5. Tom’s of Maine Wicked Cool! Deodorant For Kids
A giant in the natural hygiene market, Tom’s of Maine has safe, natural, and effective deodorants for the whole family.
This Tom’s of Main Wicked Cool! Deodorant For Kids is a super affordable option and comes in a pack of 3 to keep your child odor-free for longer.
This deodorant for kids offers 24 hours of odor protection to keep them feeling clean all day long.
It’s aluminum-free and made without artificial fragrances, preservatives, or animal ingredients. The scent is light and fresh, making it a great option for both pre-teen and teen boys and girls.
- Made by a reputable brand
- Light, fresh scent for both boys and girls
- Aluminum, fragrance, and preservative-free
- Vegan/not tested on animals
- 24-hour protection
- Designed for kids’ sensitive skin
- Available in 2 scents
- Some organic ingredients
- 10% of profits go to mankind and environmental wellbeing
- May cause irritation if overapplied. Not for children under 8 years of age
6. TBH Unscented Kids Deodorant For Boys & Girls
Made with natural ingredients including coconut oil, charcoal, arrowroot powder, and witch hazel the TBH Unscented best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin is a unisex option to protect your pre-teen boy or girl from sweat and unpleasant odors!
The charcoal in this formula is used to absorb sweat and pull toxins out through the underarms. The coconut oil kills odor-causing bacteria while hydrating the skin.
The main downside to this natural deodorant is that it could take up to 2 weeks to work. This is because the natural ingredients work to draw out toxins in your child’s body to neutralize odors and protect against wetness. It also contains baking soda, which will cause underarm irritation if applied in excess.
- Rated Best Skin Care For Kids in 2021 by Parents Magazine
- Natural formulation
- Neutralizes odors and absorbs wetness
- Charcoal draws toxins out of the body via the underarms
- Great for boys and girls
- No scent, so there are no overwhelming fragrances
- Can take up to 2 weeks to work effectively
- Contains baking soda. May cause irritation if overapplied (less is more!)
7. Scrubbingtons Pit Stop Kids Deodorant
Made in the UK, Scrubbingtons Pit Stop Kids Deodorant comes from a popular kids’ hygiene line. It’s formulated with sensitive, young skin in mind and contains 98% natural ingredients to protect your little one from nasty chemicals.
This best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin is made without artificial colorants, parabens, alcohol, and SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) for a deodorizing product you can trust.
It has a clean “freshly cut grass” scent that’s perfect for both pre-teen boys and girls to wear without giving off an overwhelming smell.
- 98% natural ingredients
- Great for both boys and girls to use
- Made without alcohol, artificial dyes, or parabens
- Made for children and those with sensitive skin
- Fresh, clean, natural scent
- Not a great budget buy
8. Grownish Natural Deodorant For Girls
This 3-pack of Grownish natural deodorants is a great option for pre-teen and teen girls. This pack comes with 3 light, feminine, and fruity scents: Strawberry Vanilla, Kiwi Melon, and Pear Berry and offers 24-hour sweat and odor protection.
This best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin option comes in solid stick form for easy application compared to pastes, powders, or sprays. It’s a clear formulation, so your child won’t have to worry about embarrassing stains.
The Grownish deodorants are made with natural and organic ingredients that are plant-derived and safe for everyday use. They’re also made without chemical nasties such as parabens, alcohol, talc powder, sulfates, or aluminum.
- Comes in a pack of 3
- Light, feminine scents for pre-teen and teen girls
- Formulated for children ages 8 and up
- 24-hour protection
- Made with plant-derived, organic, and natural ingredients
- Though it’s made with less than 2% baking soda, it can still be irritating if overapplied. Less is more!
9. Level Up Boys Deodorant
This deodorant for boys is made using 99% natural ingredients for a safe product you can trust on young, sensitive skin!
It’s proudly made in the USA at an eco-friendly, award-winning California factory and a portion of each deodorant sold goes to planting trees around the world.
Aside from the amazing environmental benefits of purchasing this best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin, the Level Up Boys Deodorant is also dermatologist reviewed and clinically tested to be safe for boys ages 8 years old and up. It’s 100% non-toxic and is made without aluminum, parabens, or alcohol.
Organic Deoplex kills and neutralizes odor-causing bacteria, while natural tapioca starch keeps your little boy’s underarms free of uncomfortable moisture. This deodorant is made with a fresh scent to keep boys feeling their freshest all day long!
- Clinically tested and dermatologist reviewed for boys ages 8 and up
- Made without alcohol, parabens, or aluminum
- A smooth formulation that glides on and moisturizes the skin
- Leaping Bunny Certified — Cruelty-free, vegan, never tested on animals
- 99% natural ingredients
- Made in an eco-friendly, award-winning factory in the USA
- A portion of each deodorant sold goes towards planting trees around the world
- Fragrance is artificial
10. Mona Brands 100% Natural Deodorant For Boys & Girls
Formulated specifically for pre-teen and teen boys and girls, the Mona Brands Deodorant is made using 100% natural ingredients to nourish your child’s skin and protect them from odor without nasty artificial ingredients.
Rather than harmful aluminum being absorbed through your child’s underarms, this best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin is enriched with magnesium and zinc oxide.
It’s also made without baking soda! While baking soda is an excellent odor absorber, it can be irritating if applied in excess (which is why this formula is so great!).
This pH-balanced deodorant for kids was created by a doctor using 100% non-toxic, vegan, and non-GMO ingredients; and it offers 24-hour sweat and odor protection that won’t stain clothes or leave noticeable marks.
It’s easy to use and glides effortlessly over the skin for quick application.
- Available in 3 natural fragrances: Honeydew, Vanilla Spice, or Orange
- 100% natural and non-GMO ingredients
- Moisturizing avocado oil, coconut oil, and shea butter
- Great for boys and girls — natural, unisex scents
- Hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin
- 24-hour odor protection
- Formulated by a doctor and parent
- No baking soda content
- Other than what may be a non-budget-friendly price, we don’t see any glaring negatives!
Now that we’ve taken an in-depth look at the top 10 best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin, in this section, we’ll break down our favorite deodorants based on specific needs.
Hopefully, this part of the guide will help you find the right deodorant for your little stinker!
Most Natural Option: Mona Brands 100% Natural Deodorant For Kids
Available in 3 gender-neutral scents, formulated without potentially irritating baking soda, and made with 100% natural and non-GMO ingredients, the Mona Brands Deodorant For Kids is our pick for the most natural choice on our list.
Best Budget Buy: Tom’s of Maine Deodorant For Kids
Available in a pack of 3 at a bang-for-your-buck price, you can’t go wrong with the affordable and trustworthy Tom’s of Maine Deodorant For Kids.
Best For Boys: Keep It Kind Fresh Kidz Natural Deodorant
With thousands of positive reviews, it’s no wonder why the Keep It Kind Fresh Kidz Deodorant made our “Best For Boys” pick! This deodorant is all-natural and made with a fun, sporty, boyish scent to keep your little man feeling refreshed and confident all day long.
Best For Girls: Grownish Deodorant 3-Pack
- ALL-DAY PROTECTION: Face the day with...
- FRESH FRUIT SCENTS: Our deodorant for...
- INVISIBLE SOLID STICK: No kid has time...
- NATURAL, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Made with...
- MADE ESPECIALLY FOR KIDS: Your kid is...
The Grownish Deodorant For Girls comes in a pack of 3 at a relatively decent price tag. It has 3 light, fruity scents that will keep your little girl feeling pretty and fresh all day long.
These deodorants are made using natural ingredients for a product you can trust to protect your child’s delicate skin.
At What Age Should Kids Start Using Deodorant?
When it comes to finding a deodorant for your child, you may be wondering if your child’s skin is still too sensitive to use deodorant.
While all kids will need to start using deodorant at different ages, you may notice your child start to smell as early as 8 years old.
However, some children will only begin to smell when puberty begins, which is ages 9 to 14 for boys (average age of 12) and girls ages 8 to 14, with the average age being 11.
It’s at this point that you need to decide which is the best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin.
Warnings & Precautions
- Under no circumstances should you continue using a deodorant that is causing irritation to your child
- It’s not recommended that children under 8 years of age use deodorant
- Products containing baking soda should be used lightly. Wash away completely before reapplication to prevent irritation
- Ask your child’s pediatrician if a kids’ deodorant is right for your child
- Don’t use deodorant on broken or already irritated skin
- Never use a deodorant formulated for adults on your child
We hope our guide to the best deodorant for kids with sensitive skin has helped you choose the right product for your child and their needs!
When it comes down to the best deodorant for kids overall, we feel the Mona Brands Deodorant is an excellent choice for your pre-teen or teen boy or girl! However, all of these options are safe, natural, and effective options that would work just as well!