With the hurricane season that kicked off in June and extending to November 30th, the time is now to make sure your emergency kits, phone number lists, and hurricane preparation is done. While hurricanes often give warnings days in advance, if you live in a hurricane prone area like I do, you know that getting to the store for emergency supplies, water, and life saving medicines can be overwhelming and exhausting. Even day to day activities like filling up your gas tank and taking out cash can often take hours. And even worse, standing in your house and not sure what to pack or where to start when faced with an evacuation can be anxiety filled.
Hurricane Preparation List
I have created a hurricane preparation checklist that helps remind you that important essentials that you need to grab prior to leaving your home or even if you are hunkering down in place. This list is not all encompassing, meaning that you may need extra items not on this list, but it does provide a great jumping off point to making sure you have the items you need when the shelves go empty.
Either hit the printable link or hit the image to begin your instant download.
Emergency Phone Number Printable
Additionally, I have provided a secondary printable to include emergency medical numbers and insurance information, which can come in handy when faced with damage or medical needs.
This two sheet hurricane preparation guide is a free printable and can easily and quickly be downloaded and used. While it may not be distributed online, you may use it for personal use. Please message me for all other uses.
Hurricane Kit Supplies
Start preparing now with your Hurricane Preparation List! I always find the closer we are to a hurricane, the harder it is to get supplies. Here a list of some of the items you may want to purchase and keep in your home. I prefer to use amazon as its easy to order and get quickly. To build yourself a hurricane supply kit, simple add these items to a large Tupperware container, secure lid, and store. It’s easy to get out quickly when you can simply grab your box of supplies and go.
- Flashlight Its good to have a variety of flashlights on hand for every member of your family
- Batteries You will need batteries of all shapes and sizes, but most common are AA, AAA, and C’s
- Battery Operated Radio When the electricity goes out, you may not be able to know what is going on with the weather
- Battery Operated Lantern Get a few lanterns to light up bedrooms
- Hand Sanitizer Germs can run ramplet when clean watter and supplies are out, make sure you are preopared
- Bug spray
- Manual Can Opener Can food is almost always good, so make sure you have a manual can opener to get into it~!
- Utility Gloves There can be a ton of damage during a hurricane and gloves can help keep you safe from glass and broken materials
- Water proof paperwork container Make sure you store your important paperwork neat and organized, helpful to also put them in a zip lock bag for waterproof keeping
- Emergency Kit There are tons of kinds of emergency kids, so grab a medical kit and a roadside kit
- Flares You can easily get stranded on a road or in your home, so keep flares on hand to let people know you are there
- Urban Bug Out Bag – comes with a variety of helpful items to grab and go
Refer to your printable sheet to add to your purchased supplies.
HOW TO PRINT A PRINTABLE PAGE
People ask me all the time the best way to print a printable or coloring sheet. Simple download the sheet and send do your printer.
RULES ON PRINTABLES
The printables on momdot are free of charge and I hope you find them helpful, however, I do ask that you do not link directly to the PDF file, resell, or use commercially. This is a violation of the terms of the graphics. You may use for personal usage (parties, classrooms, home school, church) as desired. Love these printables? Try my printable category for more fun!