This post is sponsored by Edwards® Desserts. All opinions are my own.
This time of year for us is full of celebrations of every kind. From Father’s Day and July 4th, to the many birthdays we enjoy throughout the summer months, there is no shortage of friends and family gatherings. Thankfully we live in an area where we have tons of outdoor locations to get together including the beach and rivers, but our house is our favorite place to get with everyone. This year, for July 4th, we ran our party a bit early due to our kids going out of town and it also fell right on my husband’s birthday.
With so much going on, I wanted to find ways to make sure that my party was a hit but also eliminate extra expense and time in the kitchen and instead focus on our awesome friends and the reason we were all there to begin with; each other.
I think one of the most stressful things you can do during a holiday or birthday party is cook. Depending on how large your party is, you can easily spend an entire day cleaning up the house, shopping for food, and prepping a large variety of main dishes, side dishes, and a dessert bar, just to spend the rest of the night hosting and cleaning up. I cannot tell you how many times I have spent a 14 hour prep day and feel like I didn’t even attend my own party at the end of the night.
This year, for my husband’s co-birthday/July 4th celebration, Edwards Desserts made it SO easy. From a simple card table set up with disposable plates and silverware, the entire thing was a snap.
And stress? Non-existent.
Of course you may be wondering if Edwards Desserts has the same appeal as a homemade dessert. It’s a totally fair question. We want to leave our family and friends with nothing but the best. Judging by the 2nd pieces everyone got in line for and the “YUM, What flavor is that?” questions I got from our large group of people, the pies were total hit. I even had someone ask me if I made them!
I didn’t take the credit, but I won’t tell if you decide to at your party. Complete with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle on one pie and a healthy dosage of marshmallow and S’mores on the other, the combined pies we served easily fed about 20 people in our group.
Plus we threw on some candles and doubled one as the birthday dessert.
With simple serving instructions and only needing to slice to enjoy, our Edwards HERSHEY’S* S’mores Crème Pie and Edwards HERSHEY’S* Chocolate Crème Pie were second only to the hour and a half fireworks display we were able to enjoy while eating it.
The best part about party hosting is the party not the prep.
Stop stressing over clean up, set up, shopping, cooking and baking. There are better solutions!
Looking for a perfect pie for your celebration?
You can find one or more of these Edwards Desserts in a freezer aisle near you.
- Edwards Cookies and Crème Pie: Two great flavors, one delicious dessert. Cookies and vanilla crème come together in luscious layers of perfection.
- Edwards Lemon Meringue Pie: Traditional, tangy lemon and a fluffy meringue on a vanilla crumb crust make our Lemon Meringue Pie a true classic.
- Edwards REESE’S®** Crème Pie: Dessert just got a lot better with REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP®** pieces over a velvety peanut butter filling.
- Edwards Strawberry Crème Pie: Bring the summer flavor to life with strawberry and vanilla crèmes layered over a vanilla cookie crumb crust and topped with whipped crème.
- Edwards Georgia Style Pecan Pie: Our Georgia Style Pecan Pie is the perfect way to enjoy a slice of Southern tradition, loaded with the taste that takes you back.
- Edwards Triple Coconut Crème Pie: The perfect balance of coconut flavor and creamy texture make this masterpiece the delicious escape you deserve.
- Edwards Key Lime Pie: The refreshing flavor of tart key limes and sweet whipped crème make our Key Lime Pie one to enjoy anytime.
Check out the product locator for exact store locations.
(Charlotte and P were already digging into their pie!)