I think it is safe to say that I’m a beach girl. I love everything about it. The refreshing breeze, the sound of the waves, and the salty smell in the air. All of it makes me incredibly happy. This happiness has seeped through to the way I celebrate Christmas. It has been a passion of mine to bring the beach feel to this chilly holiday, and warm it up a little bit.
20 Beach Themed Christmas DIY Ideas
1) This Beach Cottage Wreath just screams Christmas! Paint it a gold or silver and you’ll be ready to start celebrating the holidays.
2) Beach themed Christmas ornaments are a must have for any beach themed Christmas celebration. A Moment in Our World shares a super easy DIY version that will help make your tree fit the theme.
3) Dress your tree up with DIY starfish garland by A Little Clarification. Who says we have to use popcorn strings? I say bring on the starfish, they are much more attractive.
4) Make an ornament with shells and sand found from every trip to the beach with this easy DIY beach souvenir tutorial from The Traveling Praters.
5) Make a DIY Seahorse Canvas with Christmas colors, the seahorse would be extremely festive with a red, green, or even gold background color. It would be a beautiful addition to your holiday decor.
6) Make beautiful Easy DIY Shell Napkin rings to spruce up your table for Christmas dinner.
7) This DIY seashell frame from Outnumbered 3-1 is the perfect frame for showing off your Santa pictures each year.
8) Need a way to keep your kids busy while you cook Christmas dinner? How about Beach Sand Cloud Dough Recipe…with REAL sand! Make a real commitment to your beach theme by entertaining your kids with real sand.
9) We made our own Beach Ornaments! Its so easy to purchase sand from a local craft store or grab some from a local beach and make sure every bulb is a memory. Step by step DIY instructions right here.
10) A Beach in a Jar is a great DIY gift that your kids can make for their grandparents, or any beach-loving family member. They are also small enough to fit in a stocking if you want to give one to your kids!
11) Make a Christmas beach themed memory jar every year, and showcase them with December rolls around. Fill with clippings of your favorite wrapping papers, items that belong to your children, and of course sand and seashells.
12) Make DIY wooden oars in Christmas colors. Leave them by the fireplace, and let the kids know they are to help Santa if he gets stuck in there.
13) Turn a Summer Beach Mantle into a Christmas Beach Mantle by adding fake snow, miniature Christmas trees, and even a tiny villages.
14) Make a seashell wind chime, painted with your favorite Christmas colors. Or even better… GLITTER!
15) Let your kids create some beach themed sand art, they can write their letters to Santa and then decorate it with sand and sea shells. Or, create some holiday decor in the same way.
16) Make sea shell salt dough stepping stones as gifts for grandparents. Hand-made gifts like this from kids is always incredibly heart warming and special.
17) Make a distressed beach sign with a few alterations inspired by the holiday cheer. Make you sign and say “Beach, Santa, Sand” on it. Pure Christmas hit.
18) Plaster and Sand Footprints make for excellent ornaments for your tree. You can make them as an entire piece as the directions show, or simply fill in one foot for each child, save it, write the year and age, and hang it on your Christmas tree every year.
19) Make burlap and sea shell shadow boxes, simply paint your burlap your favorite Christmas color (or alternating colors) to fit in your beach Christmas theme.
20) Make a Christmas themed sand mold, then turn it into an ornament for your tree. Add in your favorite sea shells, and in the end you have a beautiful and unique ornament.
I’m so excited to put all of these DIY activities into play. What I adore the most about a beach themed Christmas is that you can take nearly any Beach craft and make it fit into the holiday. There are many ways we can celebrate this magical time of year.
Do not forget that you can follow me here on my Pinterest boards if you love holiday crafting, kids activities and DIY!