with a side of Blood!
Serve up a good time this Halloween! It’s nearly that time of the year again, where Halloween parties are upon us and appetizers are running amock at every house you visit. This year as you are planning your pre trick or treat meal, give the kids a giggle with “bones and blood” (rolls and sauce!) at the table. This is an older recipe on MomDot that I pulled from the archives. Now please note that I did not have breadstick dough and used CRESENT dough in the photos. They are not as tiny as regular bones would be, but they were full of fluffy goodness for your tummy! Serve up with new Bertolli Riserva sauces for the perfect kick as a side of “blood”!
- 11oz tube of refrigerated breadstick dough
- Coarse salt
1. Unroll a tube of refrigerated breadstick dough and separate the rectangular pieces.Working with one piece at a time.
2. stretch the dough to lengthen it a bit and then use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut a 11/2-inch slit in the center of each end.
3. Roll or shape the resulting four flaps of dough into knobs that look like the ends of a bone.
4. Place the dough bones on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart, and sprinkle on a little coarse salt.
5. Bake the bones until they are light golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Excite your taste buds with New Bertolli Riserva
Bertolli has long been the sauce people reach for when they want their meal to have delicious and Tuscan Inspired taste. Now you can take your meals one step further. Inspired by Bertolli’s Italian heritage, new Bertolli Riserva sauces are made with a select blend of artisanal ingredients. These unique flavors pair beautifully and add that little extra touch of deliciousness. Make your meal that much better by picking up Bertolli Riserva now at Kroger, Dillons, Fred Meyer, Frys, King Soopers, Ralphs and Smiths. Follow along at #TasteBertolliRiserva !
Try it for yourself at the Bertolli Riserva tasting events at select stores from 10/23-10/25.
- Marinara with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese:Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano and extra-virgin olive oil pair with freshly crushed garlic and vine-ripened tomatoes to create a classic sauce.
- Balsamic Vinegar with Caramelized Onions:Aged balsamic vinegar pair with sweet caramelized onions to create a delicious tangy flavor.