Last weekend we had Phoenyx’s birthday party and it was so much fun! Of course when it came to a birthday party “theme” he was all over the place. First it was 5 Nights at Freddie’s (??!??!), then it was Minecraft but ultimately he decided on Call of Duty. I had to put on my creative hat to figure out what we were gonna do in that theme with 20 guests! We had a lot of fun so I wanted to come back and blog a few of the ideas we used to run our Call of Duty Birthday Party.
Call of Duty Party Games
- Obstacle Course: My husband and his best friend set up an obstacle course in the back yard and “trained” the kids. He gave each kid a water gun and they had to carry the gun through the course. He set up tires they had to walk through, benches to walk over, they had to do sit ups and push-ups (5 a piece), then go over the “pit of death” which was some pavers set in a mud hole in the yard and ultimately they ended up at our fence to kill aliens that were drawn on the side of the fence. We started the party like this so each child could “train” and then “earn” their dog tags, which then led to the battle.
- Water Gun Fight: we split up two teams and dyed the water different colors. Each child had a white shirt with a target and they played till they ran out of steam. We had intended on a water balloon fight but it was too hard to fill up the balloons. Definitely get those water balloons that fill up all at once.
- Camo Face Painting – Buy Camo Facepaint
- Silly String: We actually forgot to use it during the party so went back and did it later in the day with family
- Pool: We were fortunate enough to install a pool this summer, so the party ended where everyone got to cool off in the pool (and rinse of cupcake faces)
- Scavenger Hunt: We didn’t do this one but you could also do a scavenger hunt. I have a scavenger hunt printable here.
Call of Duty Cupcakes
I made camo cupcakes by combining a chocolate cake and a dyed green white vanilla cake.
Camo frosting by mixing two colors with a triple coupler